Please Welcome the New Board Admin

*i

Alorael has been promoted to the rank of board administrator. Huzzah! During the next few months, I will be transitioning my duties to him.

It has been a pleasure serving you, and while I intend to remain a part of the community, my personal and professional life leaves little time for administering these forums. Thank you for your kind support over the years and please welcome Alorael to his new role!

The truth is that most of the admin job consists of filing. Yes, filing. You don't think all these posts just get automatically sorted into threads, and preserved forever, by some kind of magically super-intelligent machine thing? I mean, seriously. Science fiction is fine, kids, but it's time you returned to the real world. Machines, forsooth? Processing our precious information? Hardly appropriate, even if it were remotely possible.

No, *i (bless his heart) has been working for hours every night, year after year, patiently stuffing your telegrams into slots and folders and message tubes, so that they can be efficiently shipped out, after appropriate on-demand recopying by underpaid gnomes, through the web's gleaming conduits. But he has served his time. The calluses on his filing fingers have reached the bone.

Alorael is the obvious candidate to take over because he causes most of the work.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

—Alorael, who hasn't let this go to his head or anything. Mostly you can expect things to continue exactly as they have been, except the boot stamping on a human face forever has been replaced by more precise and more civilized weaponry. That is all.

From the main part of the forums I thought this was a topic about welcoming a boar.

Haha, boars.

nikki, who would make a joke about welcoming a bore here, if he didn't walk a lot. Rather than risk being shot next time I'm out walking, a congratulations will have to suffice. 'grats.

*quakes in fear at the thought of weaponized unsellable trowels*

Some game, Jeff has to put in a superweapon trowel.

I'm temporarily breaking my ban on posting in General to tell you that, as of 2 minutes ago, this is now a reality. Well, sort of. There's a twist involved that I won't spoil. But I'm finishing up the Avadon 2 Remix this weekend, hopefully, and there will be a very special item involved that you may appreciate in light of this thread.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, congratulations again to Alorael, who is the only sensible choice, at least while his view from the bell tower is clear.

Um. Today's pdn is making me a little nervous.

*i's PDN is just two characters, so he was just a contrasted smidgin on the who's online list. Alorael, on the other hand, is an ominous, red string that constantly watches the inner depths of your soul. I'm eager to see the new PDN he reveals at the next Two Minutes Hate.

• 2 weeks later...