Custom Titles

Dantius

Drakefyre was a forum admin for a very long time. In fact, I believe he was one of the first appointed admins, and the only one besides *i to serve for any substantial length of time. He was also an early and active member of the Blades community. History will remember him best for his masterpiece scenario, Rhapsody in Blue, which was never released.

[Edit: Sniped. Also, Drakey and *i have been the only admins who are not the actual employees of Spiderweb.]

—Alorael, who can't resist needling the guy even when he's not around to be needled.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Who is Drakey? Obviously before my time, and obviously a memorable and influential personage...any more to it than that?

Drakefyre. He's still on the Top Poster list, and he used to be a powerful and influential admin a ways back during early SW days, before he became possessed by his hubris and defied the teaching of the Chantry by trying to force his way into the Golden City of the Maker and-

No, wait, I'm mixing up my origin mythologies here.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Drakefyre used to be an admin. Once there were 4 of them and now there are only 2, *i and Spidweb.

Kriszann (spelling?) is no longer an admin? Did this change with the UBB change?

<--- 's knowledge of the forum's history is severely lacking.

Originally Posted By: He fined Angle is trying to kill
I had a custom title, "Wisebottom". Loved it. But then soooommmeeeone had to take a perfectly innocent poll question and turn it into a CoC violation. *cries*
Well, I'm glad that you appreciated it. I was proud of that one.

Originally Posted By: Something doughy that way goes
[Edit: Sniped. Also, Drakey and *i have been the only admins who are not the actual employees of Spiderweb.]
But: Zeviz and Schrodinger, although both had brief tenures. Right?

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
I don't even remember where I was in that one. Are the threads still around? Maybe I'll finish it this summer when I have free time again.

Edit: I seem to have proved your point. Although it might be more characteristic for me to vigorously deal with several rounds before getting distracted.

...didn't ET win the deathmatch? Or did y'all start another one while I was on hiatus?

Yes, the UBB ate some titles.

Yes, Schro and Zeviz were admins. Zeviz was strictly temporary while Drakey was away, and before *i was an admin, I think. Schro was made an admin, but he didn't admin very much, and he left relatively soon after. Drakey and *i were the only long-term, non-Spiderweb-employed admins.

—Alorael, who remembers Zeviz's reign of terror fondly. The fact that everyone was Tim at the time helped.

Originally Posted By: Jewels
...didn't ET win the deathmatch? Or did y'all start another one while I was on hiatus?

The video game characters deathmatch.

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
I saw my new title today. At first I was overjoyed. Then I realized it read "Eye of Avadon", and not "Eye of Argon".

Sorry, Dintiradan. Dikiyoba tried.

Not going to care about it? Not going to care!? I've poured out my digital soul in the hopes of one day getting one of the coveted custom titles, but alas, it was not to be!

Oops.

Though, you know, you're the only person with your title, so it technically is a custom one. tongue

Originally Posted By: Alo

Yes, Schro and Zeviz were admins. Zeviz was strictly temporary while Drakey was away, and before *i was an admin, I think. Schro was made an admin, but he didn't admin very much, and he left relatively soon after. Drakey and *i were the only long-term, non-Spiderweb-employed admins.

—Alorael, who remembers Zeviz's reign of terror fondly. The fact that everyone was Tim at the time helped.

Was it Zev who built chain armours and stuff, or am I confusing him with some other Z-person?

Originally Posted By: Jewels in Black
No. ET was eliminated from the Deathmatch. He then interfered in one of the semifinals, which led to everybody dying, and the final match never took place. See here.

Schro was made an admin, but he didn't admin very much, and he left relatively soon after. Drakey and *i were the only long-term, non-Spiderweb-employed admins.
According to my compiled notes for the History, Schrodinger was an admin for about two and a half years.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Sorry, Dintiradan. Dikiyoba tried.
As did I. And from the looks of the logs, many a man has tried to put his title on Cinderelladan's head, but none of them have stuck. Someday his helmet will come.

No one shall put a hat upon me, for I am the Hatless Atlas*.

And Slartucker shall rue the day he took my Hatless Atlas title from me. Never mind the fact that Unicode and UBB titles don't mix. Never mind the fact that the only reason Slartucker was editing my profile was because I had a CoC-violating avatar. He shall rue the day, I tell you!

* Strictly speaking, this isn't true; I am fond of hats, and don't make a habit of bearing the entire world upon my shoulders. On the other hand, Hatless Atlas is an awesome song.

Indeed both Drakefyre and I were early members and moderators of the long forgotten Ikonboard days. Drakefyre was the first non-Spidweb admin followed by a brief tenure by Zeviz. Later Schrodinger and myself were added to make a triad since Drakefyre had an extended absence, if I recall. It's been so long now that I don't even remember becoming an admin or when I was actually given the post. At any rate, the other two have largely moved on, not being active much anymore. I don't think I've seen Schrodinger in years now, and Drakefyre still lurks occasionally.

Schrodinger has lost his custom title, FAQself I think it was?

Was not the person Imban a moderator once? He seems to be gone now though.

Drakefyre seemed to go on a custom title spree every once in a while, I remember lots and lots of Marathon titles,maybe PiD too?. Then much later Alice in Wonderland inspired ones.(Off With Their Heads!).

I played Marathon through again and again, had a little dream of having one such custom title off my own, but I never posted much at the time, and it's unlikely I would have been hit with one of his titles anyway. I could have used the opportunity when custom titles were enabled during the board changes, but it would not have been the same, so I refrained.

Yes, Schro had FAQSelf, for his work on the walkthroughs he wrote for GameFAQs. Imban was a mod for a long time, but I think he was gone even before Drakey officially departed.

—Alorael, who isn't sure if any of the self-inflicted titles have stuck. The UBB seems anti-title now.

Originally Posted By: Ale by ale
Yes, Schro had FAQSelf, for his work on the walkthroughs he wrote for GameFAQs. Imban was a mod for a long time, but I think he was gone even before Drakey officially departed.

—Alorael, who isn't sure if any of the self-inflicted titles have stuck. The UBB seems anti-title now.

From what I remember, the self-inflicted titles did not stick because Drakefyre either removed them, or changed them to his liking.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Mine is partially self-inflicted. Stareye gave it to one of my other accounts, and I put it on all of them after the UBB switch. Lilith, I can't remember. Were you still a mod when the switch happened? Randomizer and I definitely were. That may be the common factor.

pretty sure i wasn't but who can even keep track of my various hissy fits any more

Yes, ~w was mine, with the tilde. I don't remember anymore what the particular inspiration for that one was. It came between two PDNs with no apparent relation to it.

Hey Alternatives, how about temporarily adopting the name
Click to reveal..
Excitement and Adventure and Really Wild Things

PS My asking is the one way to ensure that the name will not get added to your repertoire.
PPS Maybe that's what I want, and for you to avoid the name is my real reason for suggesting it.
PPPS It's a tough call, huh?

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
We need them to start disappearing. My title...

I suspect that complaining and asking to get a custom title removed will probably about as effective as the other poster's request to receive a custom title. The Powers That Be find much more amusement in your feeble protests. tongue

No. ET was eliminated from the Deathmatch. He then interfered in one of the semifinals, which led to everybody dying, and the final match never took place.[/url]

Bah, if everyone else is dead then ET, as the sole survivor of the deathmatch, becomes the winner.

The victorious side writes the history books and ET would surely consider himself the Deathmatch Champion whether he won it fair and square or not.

No. ET was eliminated from the Deathmatch. He then interfered in one of the semifinals, which led to everybody dying, and the final match never took place.[/url]

Bah, if everyone else is dead then ET, as the sole survivor of the deathmatch, becomes the winner.

The victorious side writes the history books and ET would surely consider himself the Deathmatch Champion whether he won it fair and square or not.

Actually, there's quote from one of my professors that applies here: “History is NOT necessarily written by the winners; history is written by literate survivors.” I don't think ET actually survived (hence Slarty's comment about everyone dying), and even if he did...was ET literate? So he can't write self-laudatory history.

Of course...if ever it turned out that ET had the power to write history from beyond the grave, that would seriously undermine the relevance of the above maxim.

I suspect that complaining and asking to get a custom title removed will probably about as effective as the other poster's request to receive a custom title. The Powers That Be find much more amusement in your feeble protests. tongue

I was aware of this when I made my post. tongue

I was aware of this when I made my post. tongue

I anticipated that you were aware of the ironic import of your statement, but it was fun to have a legitimate reason to employ the phrase "The Powers That Be" so I made my comment anyway. cool

It didn't lead to everybody else dying. It led to everybody dying, including ET. If you want to be technical about it, as I wrote the ending, the last person to die was actually YOU.

There is really no plausible interpretation that puts ET as the winner. If you go by survivors / victors, there is no winner; and if you go strictly by the tournament brackets, ET had been long eliminated and the potential candidates for victory were Alorael, Ephesos, and Stareye.

Edit: Also, your "writes the history books" analogy may be working against you, in this particular case. tongue

Originally Posted By: Android
Is ET Emperor Tulegolar? If so, which name does he go by now?
At first I thought you were referncing that guy a few years back, but realized he was edf or somesuch.
I wonder what he's up to now...

ET is no longer welcome on the boards, I believe. He contributed a lot to discussions, but was disruptive and argumentative, and eventually the moderators decided that the forums were a better place without him.

EDF, on the other hand, is probably a greengrocer.

It didn't lead to everybody else dying. It led to everybody dying, including ET. If you want to be technical about it, as I wrote the ending, the last person to die was actually YOU.

*Submits to going back to read the official ruling of last year*

Odd... for some reason I remembered nothing after the point of ET declaring himself the winner. I musta been in denial that there wasn't gonna be a winner.

Well... I guess then since I was the last to die, and I'm the one who keeps the memorial, I get to decide who the winner was. tongue

Though technically, I had already died to Saunders in round 3. Who resurrected me from that?