Member Numbers, Signatures, and Avatars

Actaeon

A thread to talk about MEMBER NUMBERS??? Somehow I never realized this was such a conversation-worthy topic. I have a young whippersnapper of a number, I guess. I wonder if it's changed since I joined. I have no idea. Does everyone have a new member number, or only some people? And if everyone has a new one, did they all change in the same way (going down, I guess?)?

___

Viii dlii is pretty obvious.

--------

___

VIII DLII is really pretty, it is a Roman numeral for 8552, my member number, which is 8552.

--------

My signature's meaning from Latin to English is:

"I came, I saw, I conqured. In the furthest reaches. On the spot. Among other things. An ornament and a safeguard. By labor and honor. That is. Unknown (Shards of Ravage)."

The highlighted letters on my Latin signature also stands for VIII DLII

--------

And the marks I leave on every post starts with a "\", it is an alternative for a bar, and the space indicates that dlii is separated from Viii

--------

-\Viii dlii

Does everyone have a new member number, or only some people? And if everyone has a new one, did they all change in the same way (going down, I guess?)?

It's possible that some of the very low numbers remained the some. Otherwise, most everyone has had a significant change, going down.

To clarify, I'm not asking for a free for all to talk about your own PDNs. We've had plenty of those. The member number discussion was derailing Jewels' thread, so I'm trying to give it a new home.

my member number has more than halved since i joined, i am okay with this

in related news, i feel like forking the discussion to a new thread every time something gets off-topic could end poorly

of course i could just be paranoid and it'll end wonderfully

Edited by Sylae
insert snarky comment about the "best" puns thread needing to be forked

“I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.”

--No.6; Arrival, The Prisoner

New No.2: “Good day, Number Six.”

No.6: “Number what?”

New No.2: “Six. For official purposes, everyone has a number. Yours is number 6.”

No.6: “I am not a number, I am a person.”

--Arrival, The Prisoner

1153 is i-prime, meaning it's prime according to some site on the internet. I'm voting to abandon the archaic standard of arithmetic primacy and switch to the modern i-version. It's far more convenient.

So my number is as close to prime as any grown-up number can be, without being odd.

(2 is obviously a little toddler number that can get away with odd behavior because it's cute.)

With the holiday season in full swing just post credit card numbers and available spending balances.

Just remember it's better to give than to receive.

With that in mind I decided to take up Kenzer and Company's offer of 100 back comic issues for $100. A friend of mine is going to find a large box from a company he didn't order from and vague has heard of waiting for him. He and his kids can fight over the contents between delivery and the holidays. He's got them on reach, but there are two of them to tag team him. :)

speaking of comics, my box set of the mlp comic #1 might be shipping out soon. huzzah!

it really sucks when you live where there are no comic book stores. especially no comic book stores stocking pony comics. especially no comic book stores stocking pony comics that i'd be brave enough to enter and buy pony stuff from.

yay online shopping, where only the ups guy can judge me

I have never really paid attention to my mem# much, but I do believe my current mem# is pretty close to the original # of my first account. I registered only slightly before Nikki did. Can't say I dislike being 3131.

You actually registered nearly a year after I did. You're July '04, whereas I'm September '03.

I have a second account because I didn't really join the community past getting my game questions answered back in 03. Then I quit coming. Decided to be more active in the community in 04 but I'd forgotten my password and made a new account. Later one of the mods helped me get back into the old account but this has been my primary for... seems like years.

This is my only account as far as you need to know.

—Alorael, who is simultaneously a sock puppet account of Imban and Arancaytar. No man can serve two masters but a construct of code and lies can.

Since Alorael is Imban, and we are all Imban, by ∀x∀y∀z((x=y∧y=z)→x=z), we are all Alorael.

Jewels

Member Since 19 Aug 2003

Member ID: 2,264

"Original" account.

Well sure, but you didn't say "original" originally, and besides, you can prove anything thats remotely true if you insist and giving evidence. C'mon.

I have had several accounts over the years but I currently have just two that are unbanned and that I have the log in details for. It's probably time I made another for any potential bunburying I might want to do in the future.

Edit: Yes, Excalibur. 'Lenny, Imban and Tyran used to swap accounts around like nobody's business, often accompanied by dessert.

everytime someone mentions that we are all imban i think of this episode:

Funnily enough, the meme started August 2004, before the new series even started - let alone End of Time (2009).

RTD obviously ripped off that idea from Spiderweb.

Come now, Aran. If Alorael is a member of a class of things which are all Imban, it does not necessarily follow that all things that are Imban are also Alorael. Your fancy notation does not change the transitive property of equality's applicability, or lack thereof.

So you're considering Imban a monadic property rather than a member. Imbanity?

In that case, rather than all of us being Imban, we are all Imbane.

'Lenny, Imban and Tyran used to swap accounts

Imban was only spiritually involved in that transaction by virtue of both being him.

yay online shopping, where only the ups guy can judge me

Your stuff probably comes in a box/letter with an obscure enough shipper that the UPS guy will probably have no idea what it is.

Of course, this is promptly ruined when you run screaming at him thanking him for delivering your MLP comic and giving him a giant hug.

But I thought all UPS guys had special eye implants to let them see through cardboard, like the TSA has.

wait, hold on. if that's not true, what else has been spoon-fed to me? was 9/11 not an inside job? did we actually land on the moon?

Edited by سيلى
WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY TINFOIL HAT IS ACTUALLY ALUMINIUM FOIL

My name is fairly Obvious. ((Yep. I counted about sevin errors in this post. and have edited about 10 times.))

Seeing how two one other people have this kind of avatar... Yeah. ((Cross off Tyran, who stole my idea of 11th doctor avatar, who I was going to go back to after I played this one out :p.))

Signature: Doctor Who is awesome.

Member I.D.: Rather unimpressive compared to Khoth, who has the lowest I have seen in this topic yet. 7,180.

Infact, if it weren't for Nightwatcher, I would be the one with the highest account number here.

Am... Am I confused or are there two Tyran's?

Yes, yes, you're an oldbie. However, I ran the math, and your rate is still higher than mine. Not higher than Alorael or Randomizer, but...

Am... Am I confused or are there two Tyran's?

You are confused. There are far more than two Tyrans, although none (that I know of) contain an apostrophe.

Yes, yes, you're an oldbie. However, I ran the math, and your rate is still higher than mine. Not higher than Alorael or Randomizer, but...

You are confused. There are far more than two Tyrans, although none (that I know of) contain an apostrophe.

Actually, you're confused. There aren't any Tyrans, just perfect copies of Tyran which have replaced him and destroyed the real member who lurked beneath.

Cross off Tyran, who stole my idea of 11th doctor avatar, who I was going to go back to after I played this one out :p
I've been using various Doctors as my avatar since before you joined. :p

On topic, I originally created this account because it was #7000. 4471 isn't nearly as awesome. :(