Where in the World?

Actaeon

I realize that this poll has been done before. There are some demographic elements, however, that can be re-done occasionally due to the influx of new members. As such, I have constructed the following poll to broadly assess the worldwide distribution of the Spiderweb Software Forums. Since business is primarily conducted in English and the business is based in Seattle, I have been biased toward the United States in construction my options. Try not to take offense.

I assemble a poll based on what I expected to see (primarily US, Canada, and Europe), then proceeded to add options based on population with internet access. Since "other" has no votes thus far, I consider that sufficient.

That said, Soviet Russia would have been a good one, expect that, out there, the poll option choses you.

(I originally intended to make a time zone poll, but decided it would be too bloated. I also considered being more detailed in US regions, but dismissed the idea for the same reason.)

How did you make the poll anyways? Did you actually sit down and write all of the options you could think of and then hit "poll" or did you just throw in a random/approximate number, listed the first things you could think of first and just filled in the rest by ear?

Originally Posted By: MMXPERT
-everywhere

According to quantum physics everyone is from everywhere grin

And:

Originally Posted By: Y? Bcaus, IDK he's on 3rd & IDC
How did you make the poll anyways? Did you actually sit down and write all of the options you could think of and then hit "poll" or did you just throw in a random/approximate number, listed the first things you could think of first and just filled in the rest by ear?

You should create a poll to find out.

I'm sure some people will be angry at me for not including Equestria.

Originally Posted By: Y? Bcaus, IDK he's on 3rd & IDC

I estimated, added a few for good measure, and went for it. I'm not Slarty.

Originally Posted By: Homage
Oh, um...thanks?

Really, though, the only important milestones end in 000.

Lies. They end in 158. Also, you know, I didn't expect my logic to get called out, and then I remembered I was posting to Spiderweb. Shut up, Actaeon/Imban. tongue

Originally Posted By: MusNIK Box (Bonus Track)
Lies. They end in 158. Also, you know, I didn't expect my logic to get called out, and then I remembered I was posting to Spiderweb. Shut up, Actaeon/Imban. tongue
Very well. In twelve posts I expect you to have links to a certain Brit cover-singing all his avatars.

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
Oh, I'm in the Pacific Time Zone, eight hours away from said ocean in a very mountainous area. Go figure.

Yes, and "central" time is actually a quarter of the way around the earth from the Prime Meridian. I mean, both are arbitrary designations, so why not just move one to match the other? It would make way more sense that way.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
I am disappointed by the fact that more people going to Spiderweb hail from Oceania than the Midwest. Clearly, this is more proof that the everything within a thousand miles of Chicago that isn't Chicago just sucks.

There are plenty of people within 1,000 miles of Chicagoland who do not reside within the Central Time Zone. Of the Midwest states, most of Michigan and Indiana (and all of Ohio) do not share a time zone. Many of these tens of millions of people fail to suck. Fewer still frequent these forums.

... "central" time is actually a quarter of the way around the earth from the Prime Meridian. I mean, both are arbitrary designations, so why not just move one to match the other? It would make way more sense that way.

Time zones were the invention of a Canadian railroad man, so Central makes sense in that context.

Originally Posted By: Soul of Wit
There are plenty of people within 1,000 miles of Chicagoland who do not reside within the Central Time Zone. Of the Midwest states, most of Michigan and Indiana (and all of Ohio) do not share a time zone. Many of these tens of millions of people fail to suck. Fewer still frequent these forums.

False. If someone lived within 1,000 miles of Chicago and did not suck, they would move to Chicago. Since they have not moved, we can only assume the null hypothesis. QED.

False. If someone lived within 1,000 miles of Chicago and did not suck, they would move to Chicago. Since they have not moved, we can only assume the null hypothesis. QED.

False. I exist and would rather visit than live there. My non-suckiness is self-evident. It's all relative. To the bicoastal set, Chicago is just another flyover dot.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Originally Posted By: !TrEnToN, CaPtAiN oF RoYaL GuArD
You forgot Terestria! And sucia!
If you're going to include those, then you also need to include Lynaeus(sp?) and the four continents of the Empire.

I wanted to ask why the ancient continents of Atlantis and Ys weren't added, but then it hit me that Atlantis is in fact in west Europe and Ys is part of Oceania.
As for Elephants, a rabbi once told me that when god split all human tongues, at the end of the tower of babylon affair, he did it by turning all humans into two groups, one of monkeys and the other of elephants, that's how they can reconcile with both the theory of evolution and the hebrew name for an elephant smile
Reader discretion and critique thinking is advised smile

It's true that all of Ohio is in the eastern time zone, but all of Ohio also sucks. tongue

What if we're moving to Chicago for the start of fall courses?

Originally Posted By: !TrEnToN, CaPtAiN oF RoYaL GuArD
Or freight trains move with the speed of continents.

That sounded more possible in my head...
It is. I've seen it happen.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
It's true that all of Ohio is in the eastern time zone, but all of Ohio also sucks. tongue
Well, I know for a fact that the roads there are better than here in Michigan, so it can't be all that bad.

And I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but I'm in the Eastern time zone.