After two years...

keira

(aside: I know some of you uptight types might disagree with my posting this here. Well, I am elated so I shall choose to pretend you not exist)

As some of you may be aware, I became grounded two years ago. However, I (somewhat) managed to remain active and alive in the SW community, posting and breaking/fixing my website. I even (coughcoughfinishjudgingcough) submitted a scenario for a contest.

And now, after two fun-filled years of anxiety, depression, and bitter resentfulness, I have been ungrounded.

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
Huzzah! I expect this means you'll be able to do future AIMhackage?
Hopefully, yeah laugh

Originally Posted By: Acky
Originally Posted By: Lilith
I'd ask how it's even possible to get grounded for two whole years but I've got a horrible feeling I already know frown
Getting a D in something if I remember right.

Congrats w-dueck!
A C+, actually. In Spanish I.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
I'd ask how it's even possible to get grounded for two whole years but I've got a horrible feeling I already know frown
Out of curiosity, what did you think?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
[grumble]
I still think duct-taping kids to the ceiling ought to be an effective deterrent. Plus it would get them out of the way. And it would stimulate the economy by promoting sales of duct tape. So far my wife won't let me try it, though.
[/grumble]

Well, under normal circumstances I'd recommend superglue to affix things to ceilings, but it has cyanide compounds in it, so it's probably not suitable for bonding flesh. Effective, yes, but not suitable.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Well, under normal circumstances I'd recommend superglue to affix things to ceilings, but it has cyanide compounds in it, so it's probably not suitable for bonding flesh. Effective, yes, but not suitable.

If you haven't been feeding your children increasing doses of cyanide all their lives to increase their immunity, you're a bad parent.

Edit: Or you aren't a parent at all.

Originally Posted By: Synergy
Use enough duct tape, and you can make or do almost anything.
Except, of course, repair ductwork. tongue

Though I seem to remember reading an article that claimed you could use duct tape as a wart remover (something about the adhesive containing an ingredient that was an irritant to whatever causes the wart)....

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
Originally Posted By: Master1
Not to gross anyone out, but that's totally true, duct tape removes warts. My family is a living testament to that. We covered my brother in duct tape and he disappeared!

I do believe that is a testament to duct tape's ability to cure cancer, actually.

Of course, it could be duct tape enabling cancer to become more powerful.

Oh, Tintin. <3

Tintin was awesome. Well, they were actually horribly racist, discriminatory, and offensive, and would never ever <span style="font-style: italic">ever</span> fly in today's world, but I guess that's just because it was a product of its time, which was what, the late 30's to the late 60's? Yeah, that wasn't exactly the most egalitarian of time periods.

To clairify:

tintin.jpg