G5 wishlist.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
I Would like to see some romance involved. I'm a dude, and alot of romance annoys me, but having some decent romance never hurt anyone. ANd it can add more dynamic to the game. Maybe a possible ending is if you went along with it, you get a child. Then that sets up the next game. The next game could be...an expansion after that. So, whatever ending you get, only a year passers by. It would be a a couple hours of gameplay, but ne would have had to create many different scenarios based on all the endings. Which could be too difficult for him. I dont care either way. I am a huge fan. And i am always pleased easily
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!
Wait, your serious?
That wouldn't work.

Also, turn based combat lets you use more strategy.

I can actually think of two console RPGs that took this idea even further. Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom has a number of different possible player character sets and endings depending on which marriages take place in the game. Dragon Quest V similarly gives you a choice of whom to marry, and allows you to play as your own children, although in that case the choice of wife only seems to affect your kids' hair color.

Quote:
Originally written by Yama:
I can actually think of two console RPGs that took this idea even further. Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom has a number of different possible player character sets and endings depending on which marriages take place in the game.
For what it's worth, Phantasy Star III is almost universally considered the worst game in its series. (Admittedly, not just because of the romance element.)

-Torment isn't hard enough. I want a higher difficulty.

-I'd like to see some kind of friendly stables or home base where you could leave creations.

-I'd like to see some incentive to level up my pets. Maybe something like Perks in Fallout, where you gain special bonuses every couple of levels.

-I'd like to see other skills used in dialogue; a big meaty warrior might intimidate an enemy with his size or you might be able to discuss highly complicated mechanics with shaper technicians.

-The previous idea runs the risk of making Leadership and Mechanics worthless; so to make them useful, how about if you could only craft certain items with high Mechanics and your creations got bonuses from your high Leadership?

-It may be premature, but I'm hoping for A5's Battle Disciplines. Seems pretty likely considering how many features exist between each series.

-Again, pretty likely, but I sure hope we get elevations. If we do, maybe we could have some flying creations who could move around and cross pits.

Personally I think interesting things could be done with weather effects. Say it starts raining while you're exploring an area. That opens up some possibilities as far as damage is concerned. Usin fre or acid aacks would result in reduced damage. Of course ice and lightning could do greater damage. It could even give "fun" areas. Areas where it always rains and the enemies are all highly resistant to lightning and ice. heyu'll wish o put more skill points in your melee abilities. Thus making characters sutied to slicing and dicing more useful.

• 3 weeks later...

what i think:pick a player (start path based on choice)

there should be alot of choices.

strong normal weak (skill order)

Shaper class (shaper path at start)

Shaper: Shaping Magic Combat

Guardian: Combat Shaping Magic

Agent: Magic Combat Shaping

Rebel class (rebel path at start)

Lifecrafter: Shaping Magic Combat

Warrior: Combat Shaping Magic

Infiltrator: Magic Combat Shaping

Servile: Combat Magic Shaping

Shock trooper: Shaping Combat Magic

Wizard: Magic Shaping Combat

I added wizard: STRONG MAGIC WEAK COMBAT

You can choose starting path but can change it later during play.

when u choose to join u pick yes or no for that path.

Example 1

your a life crafter (rebel)

and u want to be on the shapers side.

you choose shaper path.

Example 2

your a guardian (shaper)

and u want to be on the rebels side.

you choose rebel path.

just like those.

the starting location is based on who u pick.

p.s.

i made a geneforge scenario demo for AOM

the gold edition!

i kinda working on that

trying to make so pharoh acts like shaper.

myth units are the creations.

use favor as essence

but i cant get guardian to make myth units.

plus alot of players dont no that geneforge and avernum games really exist.

they never heard of it.

and those playing diablo games think geneforge avernum is dumb.

cause they like fast act.

like they attack u at same time u attack them.

the monsters.

and your not alowwed to cheat online (illegal)

plus u cant make fyoras and stuff.

exept skeles and wolves and bears

and golems and revived foes.

lol that was alot to type huh?

sry for that its just there was some stuff i wanted off my chest.

i told some ppl to check this game out.

on runescape aom online and diablo b.net

they have no clue wat geneforge is...

there like.

wats geneforge?

i never heard of it before.

i did it again i sry lol.

but this is the p.s. part of it

and its longer.

frown

Quote:
Originally written by Nioca:
The idea is that you can get through the game without attacking anything. You'll still get into fights, but you have to be smart enough to figure out how to defeat your foe without attacking it directly or with your creations.
It's still more of a personal challenge than a practical way to play, though.

It's more of get through the game without killing much other than creations. It's possible to do most of the important quests where you get something else to do the dirty work. Greenfang, the caravan, your own creations, etc. are examples.

I did run a pacifist servile that carried no weapons and never did a damaging attack for well into Illya province. I never finished the game, so I don't know how far I could have gone. His little fyora did it for him for most of the game.

Quote:
what i think:pick a player (start path based on choice)
there should be alot of choices.
strong normal weak (skill order)
Shaper class (shaper path at start)

Shaper: Shaping Magic Combat
Guardian: Combat Shaping Magic
Agent: Magic Combat Shaping

Rebel class (rebel path at start)

Lifecrafter: Shaping Magic Combat
Warrior: Combat Shaping Magic
Infiltrator: Magic Combat Shaping
Servile: Combat Magic Shaping
Shock trooper: Shaping Combat Magic
Wizard: Magic Shaping Combat

I added wizard: STRONG MAGIC WEAK COMBAT
You can choose starting path but can change it later during play.
when u choose to join u pick yes or no for that path.

Example 1
your a life crafter (rebel)
and u want to be on the shapers side.
you choose shaper path.

Example 2
your a guardian (shaper)
and u want to be on the rebels side.
you choose rebel path.

just like those.
the starting location is based on who u pick.

p.s.
i made a geneforge scenario demo for AOM
the gold edition!
i kinda working on that
trying to make so pharoh acts like shaper.
myth units are the creations.
use favor as essence
but i cant get guardian to make myth units.
plus alot of players dont no that geneforge and avernum games really exist.
they never heard of it.
and those playing diablo games think geneforge avernum is dumb.
cause they like fast act.
like they attack u at same time u attack them.
the monsters.
and your not alowwed to cheat online (illegal)
plus u cant make fyoras and stuff.
exept skeles and wolves and bears
and golems and revived foes.

lol that was alot to type huh?
sry for that its just there was some stuff i wanted off my chest.
i told some ppl to check this game out.
on runescape aom online and diablo b.net
they have no clue wat geneforge is...
there like.
wats geneforge?
i never heard of it before.

i did it again i sry lol.
but this is the p.s. part of it
and its longer.
frown
Well, you are talking about Runescpape. I think you have used it too much. Look what they did to your grammar eek .

Serious though. I find it much easier to read when everything is typed correctly. And lol is scary. Have you ever heard of Type to Learn. If you use it correctly then it really helps.

Anyway, Wizard sounds way overpowered.
And what exactly is your "idea".

I would like to see more shaper tailored attacks/blessings/etc like the disruption attack (but obviously not the same). After all the two sides are heavily focused on fighting each others creations. Spells which purely focused on shaped creations (possibly including the PC, if they are a servile). Seems wasteful on some levels, but in my mind that's what they're focused on.

• 2 weeks later...

Make high levels of leaderships and mechanics matter. Not something that only matters for the first chapter and then are forgotten about.

Fewer, more important, more challenging combats. No areas with 100 random enemies.

More story, less grinding.

I quit playing Nethergate after the first few things I did was searching a million chests for items to scum.

Quote:
Originally written by CrouchingOwl:
One thing I think might do well in Geneforge 5 is some sort of limited in battle mode shaping.
As a devoted shaper/lifecrafter, the inability to Shape in combat mode has always bugged me. I think it should be just like normal Shaping as far as what you can do, and use say 5 AP. Sound reasonable?

On another topic, I need more Trakovite options! At least G4 added something to that effect. I hope G5 does at least as much, preferably a lot more.

Khyryk is my hero!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to be able to use my incredible Shaping skills to do a little repair work here and there. Dead doors, dry essence pools... Surely a Shaper/Lifecrafter/Abrupt Plot Twist Character with enough skill could, for the price of generous amount of mana and essence (not permanently), work the creation furniture back into shape, no?

Hey People...

I AM NOT READING THOUGH ALL OF THAT!

So if anything is suggested already, soz, lol, and tell me.

I think that The Melee Is a little lacking.

Its Satisfying to watch a worm get punched and splatter and all, but lets say you are surrounded by a bunch of them.

You want to get rid of them swiftly, so you use some thing like war dance? Lasts for three turns, but infuses you with some magical effect that makes you less fatigued, your body feels weightless, and your blade is easier to swing. In game terms: all targets in Melee range take one melee attack that turn, including ones you walk past

I also think that you should be able to use your owen life force with some spells to save on Essence and Increase Damage, and some times add an effect of splash damage. its called Unstable energy.

You must consume so many canisters to use it.

I also had an idea for a spell, Rather much like Divine host in Avernum. You use al your essence to create an army of Rouges, that will destroy everything that is attacking you. How ever, after that, they wander around aimlessly until they become hostile.

I also think that A Shaper dose eventually want a home.

Why not the ability to make bases? You know, Essence pools, Thorn bushes, your alchemy supplies? Things that you want safe? or Maybe you got so much Wiry moss, and you want to make a batch of Healing slaves? maybe you can throw in some home security Shaper style? Or you have a powerful creation but you want to make a different one for the Puzzle up ahead, You can put him into storage.

Hell! Why not a Breeding center?

You could create Strange Hybrids!

I also Think that GF5 should have what all of the Avernum games had: Special Traits. They could be things like Frailty, or natural leadership, to personality disorders (Gives you Penalties and Different choices)

I also Think There should be a little more to do with relationships with family and friends in GF5, even your owen creations. Creations have Bad memories when you punish them or send them though a suicidal mission. Humans, feel Love, hate and all that. They Why not some romance? the whole world of GF Celibate?

I also think... Wait... I think thats a little too much... hehe...

Feed back?

Quote:
I think that The Melee Is a little lacking.
Its Satisfying to watch a worm get punched and splatter and all, but lets say you are surrounded by a bunch of them.
You want to get rid of them swiftly, so you use some thing like war dance? Lasts for three turns, but infuses you with some magical effect that makes you less fatigued, your body feels weightless, and your blade is easier to swing. In game terms: all targets in Melee range take one melee attack that turn, including ones you walk past
That is actually a good idea. Reminds me of what I have heard of "battle disciplines" in A5.

Quote:
Why not the ability to make bases? You know, Essence pools, Thorn bushes, your alchemy supplies? Things that you want safe? or Maybe you got so much Wiry moss, and you want to make a batch of Healing slaves? maybe you can throw in some home security Shaper style? Or you have a powerful creation but you want to make a different one for the Puzzle up ahead, You can put him into storage.
Your health/essence gets restored when you return to a friendly town. You can store your stuff anywhere, it can't be stolen. But I suggest putting the stuff in a friendly town (so you don't forget where it is).
A creation storage sounds good, but it should just be a "place" in a friendly town. I don't think the "house" is such a good idea.

Quote:
I also Think that GF5 should have what all of the Avernum games had: Special Traits. They could be things like Frailty, or natural leadership, to personality disorders (Gives you Penalties and Different choices)
That would probably be too much of a change.

Quote:
I also Think There should be a little more to do with relationships with family and friends in GF5, even your owen creations. Creations have Bad memories when you punish them or send them though a suicidal mission. Humans, feel Love, hate and all that. They Why not some romance? the whole world of GF Celibate?
Romance+Geneforge=no way. There is no chance of romance in the Geneforge series. It wouldn't fit.

Romance can happen anywhere.

It adds a new meaning to the characters purpose I would think.

And it could add new plot twists.

It could also add a bit of a story of WHY romance dose not occur in the other Geneforge Games. maybe Prior to being touched by the Geneforge you have a girlfriend, but for some reason or other, you just don't have the same feelings towards her afterwards.

After all, Lifecrafters do seem to be Disconnected.

Using the Geneforge removes all flirty conversation choices. :pwink

Adding romance would be a hit to the child factor, as parents are less likely to buy something like what you speak of. Which would be a major blow to the Honourable Spiderweb Software Company's funds.

My only wish is for continued quality in gameplay, hopefully increased plot quality, and the completion of the trilogy.

Quote:
Originally written by Iffy will bring you warm fuzziness.:
Quote:
and the completion of the trilogy.
Actually this is a trilogy and 2/3.
And Avernum in two trilogies!

Hmm, more canisters that increase stats would be nice. Or mean. Or inbetween. Hey that rhymed! Ok, bad spam.
If you use the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you will see that there is in fact five to a trilogy.

Quote:
Originally written by Turtleking:
Adding romance would be a hit to the child factor, as parents are less likely to buy something like what you speak of. Which would be a major blow to the Honourable Spiderweb Software Company's funds.
Company funds? Rating? Personally I admired Jeff because of his method of story telling is so well done, not his ability to lead a company. I believe that Geneforge should be classed as literature in its owen right.

Thats what Jeff has taken me to believe.
Anyway, What Is Romance to you? What is the Crime in loving something? or is everyone think of the perverted sense of the word?

I don't know what others have said, but I personally have many things I have wished for in my years as a player.

First, I really want some sort of multi player feature. I don't care all that much about it, but it would be fun if we could duel without loosing it all, trade, and talk.

Also, There should be training grounds where you can face monsters of a chosen difficulty. You should be able to get potentially limitless(or near that) exp. Also, alternative means of getting money(that don't run out)

I haven't played every game, so if any of these things is or was available, please excuse my ignorance.

Quote:
First, I really want some sort of multi player feature. I don't care all that much about it, but it would be fun if we could duel without loosing it all, trade, and talk.
If you are talking about an MMORPG, forget it.

The closest it will probably get to multiplayer is if you and your sister were playing it (on the same computer) and you controled the shaper and sister would do the creations. Or something like that.

I don't know. Giving Jeff a million bucks is pretty low on my list of things to do if I get rich. Pay to get through college, start a business, invest in the US and Microsoft, buy a nice house somewhere... Eventually I would pay a fair amount, a hundred thousand dollars, to Jeff for all current games and all future games. Hmmm...

Quote:
Why not the ability to make bases? You know, Essence pools, Thorn bushes, your alchemy supplies? Things that you want safe? or Maybe you got so much Wiry moss, and you want to make a batch of Healing slaves? maybe you can throw in some home security Shaper style? Or you have a powerful creation but you want to make a different one for the Puzzle up ahead, You can put him into storage.[/QB]
I've been contemplating making an account here for a while now, and this is an idea for the Geneforge series that I really feel needs to be developed further. I've played and loved all four of the previous Geneforge games (most to every possible ending) and have missed having your work actually recognized beyond just a gifted item here or there. Really, even though you could kill the people you're working for, you never actually have any real power. This kind of idea could be developed to suit both the solitude Shapers tend to enjoy and the raw power that comes with their status.

Envision this, if you will: at some point in the game the PC becomes a truly powerful individual, and they are able to create Serviles in a designated area the will build for them. This could be an abandoned fort that you clear out and then claim as your own, a forest that you decide on, or any other area in the game that isn't already inhabited.

You can then create Serviles as you would any other creation; however, these serviles cannot leave this area or do anything other than build. You can direct your Serviles to build a wall, tunnel, small bridge, shaping platform, or furniture, even. Each task would take the Serviles a certain amount of time to complete, and this amount of time would be the same if you sat around and watched or went off to do something and came back. As you grew stronger, were able to create more Serviles, etc. you would eventually create your own fortress, which parties you have angered can launch occasional assaults on. These assaults would damage the building and whatnot, leading you to need to reconstruct it. It is your home, more or less. Other ideas for what Serviles could construct would be alchemy vats, shaping vats, and a throne for you to sit on while you command your creations to repel attackers from afar. You could shape turrets, pylons, spinecores, and other stationary creations are permanent sentinels to fight while you're away, and have a Servile messenger who comes to tell you when you're fortress is under attack. It's not a center focus of the game, but it would add an extra and dinamic dimension to it that makes it much more interesting.

I think you should Have to buy Enchanted Anvils, cauldrons and Furniture.

maybe you are required to shape the serviles, and get them to cut wood and get them to make the house. or alternatively you can stock up n Planks of wood you find just laying around.

Also, I think you should be able to write down recipes and sell them to locals. Your home simply serves as an alchemy factory and such is what I had the ida of...

Another thing, one thing I found odd about Shapers is that they don't seem to require Food or Drink... They can eat it but they don't need it... We need a rations system like in Exile!

I'm no computer programmer, so, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like a fairly easy idea to program if you keep the functions simple. All you would really need is the ability to generate NPC Serviles that will roam a specified area, similar to the NPC's that already exist. You can talk to them, and when you tell them to complete x task it will take z time to complete based on the number y of Serviles that are working on it. After that time is up, the item shows up on the map in the place you designated. It's not a whole lot different than how the school in G3 gets cleaned up as you progress through the game, except the prompts for the change to occur are caused by a talk node with a Servile instead of a plot element.

EDIT: And being able to ride Drakons would be sweet, but I don't see a Drakon consenting to that, whether you control them or not. Maybe being able to shape some sort of horse-like creation to act as a ride and/or a pack animal?