G5 wishlist.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you thought that your ideas were all bad and wouln't be implemented? I mean, you don't even see large companies have a totally different monster come back to a zone unless it's plot related.

That goes to a lesser extent to the other people I haven't answered.

Oh, and it's also laziness. Only one good idea has been posted by a newb, and I've already praised him.

The Duke -

The remark about having only so many posts and nobody cares what you say is a reference to an insult made a few months ago to some other members who were new arrivals and were being told to stay out of a debate because they were newbies.

Don't expect that you will get replies in this type of thread. Don't double or triple post to inflate your post count.

Quote:
Originally written by Haakai-Tender Valcrist:
Quote:
Originally written by Anglo-Saxonking:
Only one good idea has been posted by a newb, and I've already praised him.
What idea is that?
Ceylon. You see, his ideas are actually fairly minute, make sense in the game, would make the game more entertaining, and within Jeff's range of skills. No offence.

Oh yeah, apparently you did have a good idea Valcrist, the stat boosting batons.

Infernal had a good idea but he's not necessarily a newb... Acts like one occasionally, but still.

I think that's all.

Back to G5 ideas:

What is the deal with batons anyway? Somewhere it says that they are can be a powerful weapon in the hands of a well trained guardian, but I have always found melee(spelling?) weapons to be much better; they are even better than the reaper baton to me! Batons may be nice, but they really do need more depth, like the stat boost already mentioned.

Anyway, I would like to see:

1. Perhaps a few Xian/Sylak-like items.

2. The ability to possibly find wild creations in their own community; being either hostile or friendly. These could sometimes be contained within towns, sort of like a convoluted orphanage where you could pay the keeper of the creations to have one in your party. The creations within could all slightly differ (in level, color, or the way that things like Greenfang are different than an artila you just made) and would have different creations depending on where the town is (i.e. if it was a swamp, there would be worms, roamers and the like). Just so you know, this is my most far-fetched idea, but it is a possibility.

3. Your equivalent on the other side attacking you at certain points in the game, like what would be you if you were on the other side.

Quote:
Originally written by Fractal:
Back to G5 ideas:

What is the deal with batons anyway? Somewhere it says that they are can be a powerful weapon in the hands of a well trained guardian, but I have always found melee(spelling?) weapons to be much better; they are even better than the reaper baton to me! Batons may be nice, but they really do need more depth, like the stat boost already mentioned.

Anyway, I would like to see:

1. Perhaps a few Xian/Sylak-like items.

2. The ability to possibly find wild creations in their own community; being either hostile or friendly. These could sometimes be contained within towns, sort of like a convoluted orphanage where you could pay the keeper of the creations to have one in your party. The creations within could all slightly differ (in level, color, or the way that things like Greenfang are different than an artila you just made) and would have different creations depending on where the town is (i.e. if it was a swamp, there would be worms, roamers and the like). Just so you know, this is my most far-fetched idea, but it is a possibility.

3. Your equivalent on the other side attacking you at certain points in the game, like what would be you if you were on the other side.
Yeah, up the uniqueness of batons, blah, blah, blah.

I don't know. Those kind of belong to the A/E series. Maybe, but it would have to be completly new.

Can you clarify this idea a little? There's already been creations you can fight but not shape, and creations that can join you but you can't shape. So more of the same, except buying extras? I guess that could work, but it seems like more of the same.

This isn't Nethergate, son, and there ain't an alternative you in the same game.

The past sentence was not a double negative since it was a compound sentence. What's more "ain't" is a word.

Originally by Fractal:

Quote:
Delicious Vlish is the one who likes to pump dexterity and missile weapons to use batons.

Dikiyoba likes them too, actually. Dikiyoba didn't really use them in the previous games but Dikiyoba uses them a lot in G4. By the endgame, they do a fair amount of damage even without too much put into dexterity and missile weapons, and sometimes not making yourself a target is well worth the reduced damage.

Chinamericanking-

I don't even remember quite what I was going at, because that was sort of a stream of consienceness post and Nethergate was in my head, and thus spawned that idea of a counterpart. I think the whole creation center idea was more like a small place in some big towns where you could purchase short-term creations that dissappeared at a certain point becuase their essence would give out. Somewhat like an unstable creation, but longer-lasting and without the extreme power.

Dikiyoba-

Maybe I was wrong about batons. I guess that I don't really care about missile weapons and dexterity as much unless I'm an Infiltrator, which I have played through with twice. I should try a third time with a baton based character, but I'll have to wait to get home to my computer.

• 1 month later...

I Would like to see some romance involved. I'm a dude, and alot of romance annoys me, but having some decent romance never hurt anyone. ANd it can add more dynamic to the game. Maybe a possible ending is if you went along with it, you get a child. Then that sets up the next game. The next game could be...an expansion after that. So, whatever ending you get, only a year passers by. It would be a a couple hours of gameplay, but ne would have had to create many different scenarios based on all the endings. Which could be too difficult for him. I dont care either way. I am a huge fan. And i am always pleased easily

I like to the wild shaping Idea as well. Although I prefer making a creation moving it else were then releasing it. Where it will attack anything. so make a eyebeast move it to an safe distance release it recharge essences repeat. Then make a battle beta put a huge amount of endurance into and buff. Get all the eye beast/other rouges you made. Chasing it to the uber powerful enemy you want to fight. Wait a minute or 2 and come in and mop everything up

Romance?!

You've got to be kidding me?! Romance was bad enough in BGII, and you want to incorporate it into a game like Geneforge? I think I'm about to have an aneurism.

Personally, I'd like to see the Creations tweaked. I'm sick of being given the 'choice' of Shaping a useless pyroroamer. As I suggested in another thread, Jeff should tweak the pyroroamer so that it has a multi-target fire breath attack.

I really like the idea of being able to shape in battle. It was kind of annoying to have every one around you being able to shape in the middle of a fight and you being limited to magic and fighting.

Also, being able to equip the battle creations with armor would certainly improve them, especially if they had some kind of buff that increased their efficiency with the weapon. A battle alpha is weak of course, but a battle alpha with a shaped blade and a shaped shield wouldn't suck half as much as an ordinary battle aplha.

The thought of a rival sounds cool too. What I mean by that is like how in the Pokemon games you always had a double to speak who was exactly like you, but played for the other side. For instance, if we started out in a shaper school that was attacked we could at first travel with a fellow student ( similar to alwan being located so close in the beginning) then, if we had a chance to express our opinion and it seemed to indicate we were steering towards the rebellion, they would be a loyalist and vice versa.

The last request sounds pretty stupid I know but I think it would be kind of cool to have a rival, someone else who we see who is able to change the tide of war. for example, we are sent to help evacuate a rebel base that has been discovered by the shapers, only to find our rival is there and has almost completely cleared the base out. Or it could be reveresed, we go out to destroy the rebel base only to find it empty.

The thing about the rival was just a suggestion, I said that only because we see too few fellow lifecrafters who make choices that affect the game. The game could definitely do without it. The other two suggestions I made were the real reason I posted. I just think it would be kind of cool.

Although I think it kind of makes since that a battle alpha sshould be able to wield weapons, along with some of the other battle creations. It seems that would be the only reason you make a humanoid shaped battle creation, so it can hold weapons and what not. Otherwise justtake the design of some animal that already exist, modify it to make it a killing machine, and throw the need for making it in your own image out the window.

Although Nethergate does sound pretty fun....

I think the G5 should involve using some uberpowerful Genefore.Like the one in G1 not the pathetic wannabes of G2-4. It should end the way it started(at least it some ways). This game should end the saga. Either the Shapers crushing the rebellion for ever and making another rebellion unlikely in all but the most distance future. The Rebellion human side were the shapers are crush and a fair balanced goverment is setup. Rebellion Drakon side drakon are in charge suckers. Then of course the trakovites. Lastly we should have some type of faction that is powerhungry.

A good start for gf5 would be you start out as being an extremely powerful high ranking member for one of the sides. But you are hit on the head forget all that, and in the process lose all your skills. Then, based on how you continue through the game and whatever sides you play for, you get back pieces of your memory. Play heavily for the shapers and it turns out you used to be 3rd in command for the rebels. Sympathize with the rebels, and you turned out to be part of a group of extremely powerful Shapers who were dedicated to bringing back the purity officers.

I have a more original idea.

You wake up on a Shaping platform, covered in scars, and suffering almost complete memory loss. A bobbing, talking Fyora approaches you, calls you 'Chief', and assists you in escaping the Shaping Chambers administrated by the 'Shapermen'.

You then discover that you can't die, and hence embark on a quest to recover your lost memories, and your mortality.

In regards to the last comment, no idea whether or not you were trying to be funny but the idea sounds interesting to say the least. Although if I found out I couldn't die I wouldn't really be in a rush to regain that attribute.

Also, in what way is KoToR similiar to my idea? Do you start out as a Sith lord ( minus the memories and force powers) and join the Jedi?

i think it would be cool if there were randomized mutations youd get from using canisters, based on what creatures and spells you use the most. or just dramatic physical changes or something. And he wouldnt have to put a ton of effort, just small changes would be kinda cool. Oh, and i am waiting for a character to pull a Jesus and be brought back from the dead. Evil character or not, either way matters not. Oh...And little green Martians.... Ya know what would be friggin awesome. If Mr Vogal (hope i spelled his name right?) put in some sub plots, that are at different points in the geneforge world. one character here, the other there...Then they meet up here. or something. I dont know if he has the capacity to do that with his software though....

I think that in reward for going to the effort to find the Ornk canister you should get to use it as a pack animal. Just to keep that from making anything too much like a free give away it should be a pack animal with an extreme lack of any sense of self preservation. So you can get to use it to carry stuff instead of just taking an action point hit for having a heavy backpack...but you can't keep anything too valuable on them because they'll likely get themselves killed the first time something stronger than themselves comes around and drop all your goodies on the ground. I could be a great way to help prevent the boredom of scouring and rescouring an area because you can't pick it all up to sell it in one trip. Just make a suicidal pack animal after clearing the zone and way fewer trips. It seems like the most logical thing to do with the traditional Ornk canisters. I'm not exactly sure how to integrate that with the entire "give 2 of intelligence and get to control it in battle" perhaps there's a joke each time to try to give them intelligence about cow's being soo stupid that granting them intellectual enlightenment threatens to drain all your essence in the attempt.

Corrupted One:

My plot was tongue in cheek. As Thuryl pointed out, it's the plot from Planescape: Torment. I suggest you drop everything you are doing and hire the game out, and give it a whirl. It's one of the best RPG's in existence.

Quote:

Also, in what way is KoToR similiar to my idea? Do you start out as a Sith lord ( minus the memories and force powers) and join the Jedi?

Pretty much.

I was going to explain the plot, but I've decided not to. Spoilers and all. One day you might want to play the game.

Quote:
Originally written by CrouchingOwl:
I think that in reward for going to the effort to find the Ornk canister you should get to use it as a pack animal.
We should assemble an angry mob to force Jeff to do this..

Also..to make it more fun..all Ornk Couriers have really low HP and stays that way..to stop possible abuses..and only one Ornk Courier can be created at a time..that be fun!

Actually using it as a pack animal rather than a battle creation is a great idea and as CrouchingOwl said it saves the boredom of making three trips through an area find and sell everything, especially when you raid some mines and find 500lbs of crystal to sell but end up with 1AP if you carry them.

The angry mob starts behind me

And drop everything I am doing and play it I shall. laugh If I could find it. I looked it up on both google and a few other search engines but all that turned up were a few fan sites and a wikipedia definition of it. Any suggestions? confused

Edit: My brother actually came up with this idea and insisted I post it. When I told him about the whole rebel shaper concept he wasn't really paying attention, and so he asked if the rebels were a new nation with their own, seperate, and completely different, version of shaping. The nation then, for no reason, rebelled against the shapers. Of course that plot makes almost no sense, but I think it is pretty interesting with the whole seperate version of shaping different nation thing. But that would proubaly raise more questions and most likely isn't the best way the end the series.

Quote:
Originally written by Corrupted One:
And drop everything I am doing and play it I shall. laugh If I could find it. I looked it up on both google and a few other search engines but all that turned up were a few fan sites and a wikipedia definition of it. Any suggestions? confused
Shesh. Did you ever think of looking on the company website? The company who just happens to also be the one who's boards we're on?

Thank you for the response. I apologize for my laziness. Obviously it was stupid of me to not look for the company,I was not thinking clearly, haven't had a good not sleep in a while. But that is besides the point, there is no excuse for being lathergic and forcing others to pick up the slack that is built up by your inactivity.

I would like the shaper ending. How it would go is the rebels and shapers found a lot of new land(not sholi) which both are in a race to colonize the new lands. The lands are crucial for 2 reasons. One the shapers can use the lands as a stageing point to attack the Ashen isles since they are closer and the water between the ashen islands and the new lands aren't as rough. You start off shaper who was in school but was pulled out to help with the war effort. If you choose to join the rebels you move slowly up through the ranks till you push the shapers out of the new lands. Once you do that you do that head to the ashen islands were you are tested and eventually give the rank of general with an army to match. You then launch a campaign on the shapers which destroys the high council and in the ends crushes the shapers. If you choose to remain loyal to the shapers it pretty much remains the same execpt you sever the shapers. You move through the ranks till you successfully gain the lands the shaper needs. Then you head to the high counsel you are tested and given the rank of general and you then launch an assault to retake the ashen islands. the only thing is th is world would be much larger then any

other Geneforge world.

I wasn't asking which one you liked more, those two concepts are pretty played out, just curious as to which one people hate less. Too many people have made games centered around those concepts, too few have done it right, it leaves a sour taste in your mouth when it comes to those kinds of games. Assuming that Jeff would do it right, which would you prefer to ( be forced to)play? It's a lesser-of-two-evils kind of thing.

How 'bout characters responding more to your outside actions, I remember the first time I played geneforge someone said "we can't get by them, we're just too tired" or something along those lines, so I healed them, blessed them, not a bit of difference was made. Not to mention no matter how powerful you are, some people still treat you the same way.

I also wouldn't mind an option to play the game without turn-based limitations.

Um, Thuryl, are you talking about the Arcanum where you start out in a crashed zeppelin? I only played the ridiculously short demo version, but I didn't notice anything optional or really turn-based about combat.

It seemed more like a Diablo-esque real-time thing (where different weapons had different delays between attacks), except the automation spared you the clicking frenzy.

Quote:
Originally written by root:
Um, Thuryl, are you talking about the Arcanum where you start out in a crashed zeppelin? I only played the ridiculously short demo version, but I didn't notice anything optional or really turn-based about combat.

It seemed more like a Diablo-esque real-time thing (where different weapons had different delays between attacks), except the automation spared you the clicking frenzy.
That is what real-time combat in Arcanum is like. There is an option for turn-based combat. You will enjoy the game a great deal more if you turn it on.