INTERNEGATIVE, EXEXUNPECTED AND ANTIANTICIPATED UGLY,

UGLY, TOTALLY OVERPLOSIONED BRAINBUT PROJECT:

Project SLARTIFICUS

FIRST OF THE CAPITAL POSTS / FIRST OF THE MARQUÉES NOIRES:

Project SLARTIFICUS has PHASES THREESE:

PHASE ONE -- RETRIOACTIVITY

PHASE TWO S HDDN N TH MSSNG VRCHRS LK MMRTLR SLS

PHASE THREE -- THREESIFORM OFFSETTING of CANTIFERS

Within theese thread willfall all ABOUT OR DISCOUVERT Project SLARTIFICUS.

Theese post MARQUES the beginning of PHASE ONE.

RETRIOACTIVITY is in the air for UBB.

Discouvert by maDAME ANNALS,

(continuational along its course until such time as it has)

STOP RETRIOACTIVITY

RETRIOACTIVITY ONE shall be ARENAREAR glands, IF IN PREPARATION OF THE I find you.

This MARQUES the end of theese post.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illuminati will launch US (and EU) ethnic civil war within days or weeks, as predicted by TRUE PROPHET

"Obama", Jackos's doc Dr. Conrad Murray, Tiger Woods & Co. - all actors playing their role in the script explained by one and only

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22ethnic+civil+war%22+supervised

Originally Posted By: I will scream this as I explode.
In before the lock?

—Alorael, who admits to mighty temptation towards locking. It is in no way tempered by the fact that he can satisfy his baser urges and let Slarty clean up the mess by unlocking.
This isn't spam, and you know it. *shakes head*

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Another good question. It may be clear to some people already. The rest of you will just have to wait and find out. Some constructive fallout will occur over the next few days.

Hmm...perhaps we should engage in preemptive marxist deconstruction, then?

Originally Posted By: Slartucker
Originally Posted By: Alorael
In before the lock?

—Alorael, who admits to mighty temptation towards locking. It is in no way tempered by the fact that he can satisfy his baser urges and let Slarty clean up the mess by unlocking.
This isn't spam, and you know it. *shakes head*
Wait, all you have to do is state that something isn't spam, and it isn't? Why didn't I know about this sooner.

C'mon Slarty -- why are you the only one who's allowed to post something that's an inside joke presented in an annoying manner? Any other member who behaved in a similar manner wouldn't be allowed to continue.

I can't decide whether this thread deserves better or worse, so here's both.

--------------------

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
*snip*

Is that Canterbury Tales? It looks kind of familiar.
It was. I just realized that I was trying to cause 'constructive fallout' the way Slartucker was. Also, after posting, I remembered a conversation where I advised someone against 'bringing down a board' by killing the signal to noise ratio. I don't like being a hypocrite, so I edited it out. Sorry you had to see that.

The question remains, Slartucker: what is this? All of us wear big boy and girl panties; you can tell us now.

EDIT: Heh, looks like both Slartucker and I edited the offending parts of my post out.

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan

C'mon Slarty -- why are you the only one who's allowed to post something that's an inside joke presented in an annoying manner? Any other member who behaved in a similar manner wouldn't be allowed to continue.

As much as I'm curious about this (and amused at Scorp's response), I just know that if I, or anybody else, had made that exact same post, this thread would've been nuked by Alo, or Eph, or yourself. If anybody else had used that seizure avatar from a couple of days ago, we'd have been told to remove it.

I'm going to *headdesk* too.

Slarty lay low and stayed clean until he made it into the ranks of mods, and then held course until he attained the secretive inner mod circle that holds the true power. Now his nose is in the trough and his finger on the button, and none shall stay his hand or deny his sway.

As we groan beneath the tyrant's yoke we often wish that the ol'-time Spiderweb Constituent Assembly had bethought itself of the wisdom of checks and balances; but alas. At the time our constitution was framed, the leading lights among our founders were all in thrall to some bus-mag buzzspeak about Agile Methods.

So now we're stuck, and the best consolation we can find is to reflect that, Hey, at least we're not under Rule by Scrum. It's something.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Slarty was told to remove the seizure avatar. Mods have to answer to someone. Now admins on the other hand.

What about the single-line spam posts that he's littered the board with? I recall one, in the BoA forum that went something like "Do not feed the implants and animals". Did he get a warning for those like any other member would've?

I hate to seem like I'm going on, or bearing a grudge, but it really does seem that Slarty is being allowed to get away with things that nobody else would.

I detect a note of bitterness which is worth being serious about. I do understand where it comes from; but there are two things to consider.

Say whatever you want about what Slarty posts, but it's not fair to complain that he's not getting warned by other mods. Mods only criticize each other in the mod forum, so you're just not going to know whether Slarty is being warned, or congratulated, there. OK, this privacy among mods is kind of a privilege; but no, it's not such a great privilege that mods have to be unrelievedly serious in order to deserve it. We work for free.

Secondly, one person's spam is another person's wit. This is inherently a tough call, and there is just no way to make it so that everyone always sees it as fair. Slarty has made an awful lot of contributions to the community over the years, with everything from exhaustive statistical analysis that gives significant tactical help with the games, to elaborate entertainments that have obviously cost him tons of time and energy to prepare. This means that Slarty gets some slack. Anybody who has put in to the community gets the same kind of proportional slack. What would be unfair would be if it did not work this way.

This also means that in Slarty's case, there's a better chance that it actually is wit. Let's see where it goes.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Slarty was told to remove the seizure avatar. Mods have to answer to someone. Now admins on the other hand.

Just for the record, this is not true. I was not told to remove it. Well, one person asked me to remove it somewhat rudely, but that was a request which I turned down. The "seizure" avatar hasn't been removed, either; it evolved (as planned). Or haven't you noticed?

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
This also means that in Slarty's case, there's a better chance that it actually is wit. Let's see where it goes.

Thank you.

Even if you consider it spam, and you're welcome to I suppose, it remains spam that was deliberately and painstakingly constructed. Deliberately and painstakingly constructed spam is rare here, but it *doesn't* often get locked, because it's interesting even if it's confusing as well. Some of Scorpius's threads from the past few years are good examples of this. The best is probably the one that asked girls if they would rather lay eggs.

Originally Posted By: The Almighty Doer of Stuff
omg did drakey give you permission to finish RiB

I'm tempted to make a joke about how I'm going to finish Pygmalion, but that would really be cruel.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
my nervous breakdown was a lot more interesting

oh dear, i thought you saw a psychiatrist. this thread doesn't seem to be going any were so tell us about it.
Originally Posted By: salrty
Just for the record, this is not true. I was not told to remove it. Well, one person asked me to remove it somewhat rudely, but that was a request which I turned down. The "seizure" avatar hasn't been removed, either; it evolved (as planned). Or haven't you noticed?

just noticed it.... grin

Some of Scorpius's threads from the past few years are good examples of this. The best is probably the one that asked girls if they would rather lay eggs.

That was trolling which is different from spam. Trolling wants to produce a somewhat productive reaction.

Pardon me for complaining about an image that was giving me a headache if I looked at it for more than a few seconds. Thankfully now I know better and can just adblock everything from that domain.

As for the "evolution", thank god for natural selection.

Originally Posted By: I need no introduction
oh dear, i thought you saw a psychiatrist. this thread doesn't seem to be going any were so tell us about it.

why do all conspiracy theory websites look exactly the same

anyway i'm seeing a new therapist today so we'll see how that goes