Early 2007 is when exactly?

There is no specific release date because no release date is known. It pretty much comes down to whenever the Windows version is ready. Because Jeff has a bit of experience, he knows how long (on average) a Windows port will take. However, he cannot tell an exact time because he cannot anticipate all issues that will need to be resolved during the port.

Since Vista is coming out, he doesn't want to have complaints from gamers about problems with that system. Windows beta testing is mostly making sure that no errors crept in during the transfer and that it runs on all systems.

Take a look at Geneforge 4 Mac release for an idea of what it will be like when it is released.

I'm not sure if Jeff, in his blissfully Mac-filled world, even cares about Vista. His games are not known to be tailored in the most general of Windows API methods that allow for easy cross Windows version compatibility.

I've been anxiously waiting for the Geneforge 4 release as well, especially because of the praise that the community has given it. But I am willing to wait so that he can make sure that there are no game crippling bugs left.

Actually, Jeff has more recently said that the majority of his sales are for Windows. I think he gave 60% as the rough percentage. And he's repeated many times that he cares deeply about his bottom line. Given that, while Jeff may not be the most technically proficient coder or the most Windows-familiar programmer out there, I'm sure he's doing his best to make his games PC-friendly.

—Alorael, who personally thinks the obvious solution is to get a Mac. And then run Windows on it!

Quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:
If it is true that the Windows users of Spiderweb games are about 60%, I don't get why Mac users still get the game first, maybe it's something personal against Microsoft/Windows...

I hope next time the majority gets the product first, or maybe the statistics will change...
It's because Jeff is a more experienced Mac programmer.

Ya I know it's irrelevant, but I just wanted to share it. I am just happy that there is a Mac version is out there. It seems like most games are PC based. Thanks to Jeff, there is a whole series of great games we Mac users can also enjoy.

GF4 has certainly lived up to my expectations, so dance gleefully with your cats, you Windows people!

Quote:
Originally written by emberglow:
So - is the version of the windows demo on the FTP server the final one, out of curiosity, or is there another forthcoming? laugh Also, is there a difference between Geneforge4Demov10.exe and Geneforge4Demo.exe
It is final. Yes, finally we have Geneforge4! And there cannot be a Geneforge4Demov10.exe, never. A v1.01 is probable, a v1.02 is not very likely.

Quote:
Originally written by Garrison:
I have been embarrassed to ask this for a while, but what does FYT stand for? I do not think that I have ever regularly seen it used outside of this forum, and of course chatspeak dictionaries indicate that it means **** Your ****, **** You **** and other such pleasant phrases.
Fixed your typo