Thanks for the "custom" title!

Triumph

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
OK, but who really wants to be Postaroni, Pizzabella, anyway?

But haven't you heard the prophecy? Encoded in Jeff Vogel's games is a sacred legend that was the very reason these fora were constructed in the first place!

Though the interpretations vary widely, they all agree on one thing. The one who first attains the title of Postaroni, Pizabella! will be granted some sort of gift from the supreme beings who secretly control this site. Some say that the poster will become one with the Internet, others say that a portal will open up to deliver the poster to Exile. No one is truly certain of the result, but it is a goal worth chasing.

On the one hand, I'm glad not to ever be subject to Drakey's stupid capstone title. And Legend is a new one for me! On the other hand, I'm sad that I will not plausibly ever reach Postmaster General or Your Postliness again.

—Alorael, who thinks he may have to go ahead and title himself. Do you hear that, Garzahd? I'll take up Demonslayer and use it as the most awkward etching tool available!

Originally Posted By: Alorael
On the other hand, I'm sad that I will not plausibly ever reach Postmaster General or Your Postliness again.

Well, I'd like to reach Hero again. We could start a few spam games in the Mod Board and get to our preferred titles again in a few months.

Dikiyoba is not seriously suggesting that anyone spams their way to a better title. That would be wrong. And also wouldn't work, unless for some reason the preferred title is "BANNED."

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Dikiyoba is not seriously suggesting that anyone spams their way to a better title. That would be wrong. And also wouldn't work, unless for some reason the preferred title is "BANNED."

I wonder if anyone has ever been given that title without actually being banned. You know, just the mods tormenting us with their powers over titles.

that would be funny though. an unbanned banned title. kind of like a sellable unsellable trowel

Originally Posted By: Custom PDNs for all!

I wonder if anyone has ever been given that title without actually being banned. You know, just the mods tormenting us with their powers over titles.
The warning version is CANNED that used to be given out before going to BANNED.

Originally Posted By: Tirien

Of course not. Don't be ridiculous. phear.gif

Dikiyoba assures you there are no sellable unsellable trowels either.

Originally Posted By: Tirien
Oh yes! I got a custom title!

Don't get too attached to it. It is only a temporary title, after all.

Dikiyoba wanted to put in a clever analogy of custom titles to tattoos, but it is late and Dikiyoba is too tired. Also, improperly sterilized custom title implements can't give you tetanus, so the analogy wouldn't have held up anyway.

It hides on the FAQ.

0 New Arrival

50 Cave Denizen

100 Trader

150 Warrior

200 Spelunker

300 Expeditioner

500 Adventurer

1000 Ward of Avernum

2000 Captain of Avernum

3500 Commander of Avernum

6000 Protector of Avernum

10000 Hero

20000 Legend

40000 Postmaster General

80000 Your Postliness

1000000 Postaroni, Pizzabella!

No Triad Mage in there. Probably a custom title.

Originally Posted By: Android
I can't find the title list. How much do I need to post to day to become a Triad Mage before the titles are changed again? Or was Triad Mage a custom title, I can't remember.

A noble undertaking it will be either way.
The can be found in the FAQ. Triad Mage was always a custom title.
Quote:
0 New Arrival
50 Cave Denizen
100 Trader
150 Warrior
200 Spelunker
300 Expeditioner
500 Adventurer
1000 Ward of Avernum
2000 Captain of Avernum
10000 Hero
20000 Legend
40000 Postmaster General
80000 Your Postliness

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
It hides on the FAQ.

0 New Arrival
50 Cave Denizen
100 Trader
150 Warrior
200 Spelunker
300 Expeditioner
500 Adventurer
1000 Ward of Avernum
2000 Captain of Avernum
10000 Hero
20000 Legend
40000 Postmaster General
80000 Your Postliness

No Triad Mage in there. Probably a custom title.

Non gender specific. Makes a change from 'sorceress' or whatever it was...

Wow. I make a single, simple post, and an astounding discussion of titles, history, and cheesecake ensues.

Was Drakefyre an administrator prone to dispensing whimsical titles?

As a simple matter of curiosity, who revises the forum titles each time a new game comes out (i.e. changing G5 titles to Avadon titles to Avernum titles)?

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Was Drakefyre an administrator prone to dispensing whimsical titles?
Yes.
Originally Posted By: Triumph
As a simple matter of curiosity, who revises the forum titles each time a new game comes out (i.e. changing G5 titles to Avadon titles to Avernum titles)?
Stareye.

At one point there were 3 non-Spiderweb Admins. I believe the beginning of that period is when the Triad Mage titles came about. I think they were custom titles? *i might know better.

"Blademaster" was a system-wide replacement title for moderators with no custom title that only appeared on forums they moderated. That's long gone, though.

There was never an official or standard set of custom titles. Mostly they were handed out at the whims (literally: whims) of forum administrators in the past. That power has now expanded somewhat but is still used sparingly (and whimsically).

"Cartographer" had been given to handful of users who have done a lot with maps and "BoE Posse" was given to a few scenario designers. But there are also people in those categories with other or no custom title. Likewise with "Triad Mage." I think those were the only repeated titles, but maybe I am forgetting something.