Thanks for the "custom" title!

Triumph

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Also, the base titles have changed again, back to Avernum titles.

Well, that's at least a step up from the Avadon ones.

Though to be fair, titles from any series start to get sweet once you pass a few thousand posts, so that's a small comfort to console myself after being stripped of the "Shaper" title...

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Originally Posted By: Darth Ernie
it's not too mysterious.
as far as i know there aren't more than five or six people who can do that
Sixteen actually, unless I'm forgetting someone. It was not me, though, so that narrows it down to fifteen.

there are sixteen mods??

Originally Posted By: Darth Ernie
there are sixteen mods??

Us non-mods can't see user lists, Slarty.

Let's see how well I can get this:

Jeff and Stareye are admins, and Alorael, Slarty, Diki, Tyran, Lilith, Kelandon, Aran, Ephesos, Toby-Lynn, Synergy, Celtic Minstrel, and Randomizer are global mods, and IIRC Bain and one other person are like sub-global mods.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Let's see how well I can get this:

Jeff and Stareye are admins, and Alorael, Slarty, Diki, Tyran, Lilith, Kelandon, Aran, Ephesos, Toby-Lynn, Synergy, Celtic Minstrel, and Randomizer are global mods, and IIRC Bain and one other person are like sub-global mods.

Synergy hasn't been a mod in a long time. Other global mods are Khoth, Niemand, and Student of Trinity.

Of course, a lot of mods are no longer around, or are only around on very rare occasions.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Synergy hasn't been a mod in a long time. Other global mods are Khoth, Niemand, and Student of Trinity.

Of course, a lot of mods are no longer around, or are only around on very rare occasions.

Dikiyoba.

Huh. I guess I just lumped Synergy and Randomizer together because of the item lists and presumed that they were both beta testers and therefore both mods.

Surprised I forgot SOT, though.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
Am I to understand that you are not automatically notified upon the receipt of a custom title? An inebriated mod could hand out a slew of them one evening, then take them away in the morning and none of us would ever know about it?

you say "could" as if it hasn't already happened

Am I to understand that you are not automatically notified upon the receipt of a custom title? An inebriated mod could hand out a slew of them one evening, then take them away in the morning and none of us would ever know about it?
It took me a long while to realize I had one, though I suppose it stands out more now that we've moved away from Avadon titles.

Originally Posted By: Lilith

you say "could" as if it hasn't already happened

...and none of us would ever know about it?

If I had known about it, then it didn't happen as described. If it happened as described, I can't have known about it, and thus would have written it just as I, in fact, did.

It also occurs to me that I broke the first rule of getting a custom title (don't talk about custom titles). I'm a thousand posts and several years from that, anyway, though, so I'm not too worried.

I can empathize. I had wanted to release a beta version of an old BoA scenario on the sixth anniversary of starting work on it (and joining this forum). The sad thing is, I could probably get it ready for beta in under two weeks, but my TODO list for the winter break is over a page long. :-(

Originally Posted By: Dantius
A million posts for Pizzabella? I mean, when you set the bar that high, he might as well just give himself the custom title to spite you.

Don't give Stareye any ideas, or we may find that the Avernum -themed titles vanish, and in their place are a uniform title for all post counts - Stareye's Servant.

That wouldn't really be a custom title, but it would almost feel like one.

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
Don't give Stareye any ideas, or we may find that the Avernum -themed titles vanish, and in their place are a uniform title for all post counts - Stareye's Servant.

Or one worse- "NPC"

Oh god the horror. *i would just break into our houses and rob us blind while we stood like statues in the main room with words above our heads. And then he'd sell it all back to us.