Mailbox = vigourously stuffed.

nikki.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Congratulations!

I would have posted the spamming comic to go with this, but somebody beat me to it. Grrr...

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
Originally Posted By: Ephesos
Yay Mystic! You have successfully sought the meaningless approbation of your peers! laugh

(+1)

Look at me, I can't even be bothered to write my own message! I am truly the more optimal spammer!

The tank appeared when I googled "5001". It's Soviet. That's all I know.

Originally Posted By: Fflewddur Fflam: Defenestrator
Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Congrats Nikki, you have successfully obtained the meaningless approbation of your fellows, and in the process, created a means for others to increase their own post counts (3000, here I come!). laugh

An excuse to increase my post count? grin Well, looks like I just did.
All I can say is that my posting frequency increased dramatically when I finally got an internet connection at home, and I didn't have to bring my laptop to the library all the time.

its not all that, having got here

Yeah, it'd be a bit worrisome if you really did take pride in a large post count. tongue

Mmm I might get to 2500, the next title thingy, if I make more posts in which I beg for the help that I'll undoubtedly need if I actually do continue working on this scenario.

Originally Posted By: Thin Gypsy Thief
It is at least a place to be.

every post produces a place to be. a landmark such as 5000 is no different to 2851, except that it's probably more easily divisble. i dont know - im an english student.

2851 is prime... There are 500 prime numbers in the first 3571 numbers, or about 14%. The percentage decreases if you look at the number of primes in the first 5000 numbers.

You should type more numbers at random, we'll see if they're prime. It would be a cool trick, and would earn you street cred in the math department.

Originally Posted By: Metatron
Originally Posted By: Thin Gypsy Thief
It is at least a place to be.

every post produces a place to be. a landmark such as 5000 is no different to 2851, except that it's probably more easily divisble. i dont know - im an english student.

2851 is prime... There are 500 prime numbers in the first 3571 numbers, or about 14%. The percentage decreases if you look at the number of primes in the first 5000 numbers.

You should type more numbers at random, we'll see if they're prime. It would be a cool trick, and would earn you street cred in the math department.

I have now decided that I will now make a postcount thread every time my postcount is a Mersenne prime. That means my next one would be at... 8191, and then 131071. On second thought, that's not a lot of spamming at all. I think I'll just stick to one every thousand or so.

Originally Posted By: VCH
I still think we should just delete the post count part of profiles.
I used to think this too, but I've since changed my mind -- post count is correlated with how much someone has contributed to a community. I find post count to be a helpful metric in places like tech support forums. When judging between answers to a question I've asked, post count is probably the third feature I look at after votes/thumbs/whatever and writing quality.

EDIT:
Quote:
I have now decided that I will now make a postcount thread every time my postcount is a Mersenne prime. That means my next one would be at... 8191, and then 131071. On second thought, that's not a lot of spamming at all. I think I'll just stick to one every thousand or so.
Oh wow, who else thinks it's totally cool that 2305843009213693951 has its own Wikipedia page?

Wait, by 'cool', do I mean 'stupid'? It's tough to tell after midnight.

Originally Posted By: Rowen
What math do they use to find prime numbers that high? And how does it change our understanding to find them?

see here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primality_test
and here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sieve_of_Eratosthenes
and for extra credit, see here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Originally Posted By: Iffy
Congrats, Nikki. ^.^
I'll probably never get there. tongue

Well you have been slowing down since your first day here. smile

Slowing down? I've made, like, 10 posts in the past 8 months. tongue

Though my renewed interest in BoA has made it to where this is the first time in months that I've visited this place two days in a row.

Originally Posted By: Iffy
Slowing down? I've made, like, 10 posts in the past 8 months. tongue

Certainly slowed down. I remember when you made more posts per week than Alorael, and someone calculated you would eventually bypass him in a few years if the rates of posting continued as they were.

I guess they didn't continue tongue

Originally Posted By: Soul of Wit
A custom title requires how many posts?

[nelson]Ha, ha![/nelson]

...ducks before someone with a colored username grows suspicious.

You've been registered for 73 years though. tongue

Is that why he's "trying out the new forum" because his rate of posting is so slow?