The Desktop Thread (...yet again)

Callie

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Originally Posted By: A horse!
I've never played the first StarCraft game, so I certainly don't own the second.
Same here. With all the cool games here, why go anywhere else? wink

I can't even remember the last time I played a SW game (other than beta-testing BoA scenarios).

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Originally Posted By: A horse!
I've never played the first StarCraft game, so I certainly don't own the second.
Same here. With all the cool games here, why go anywhere else? wink

Because Jeff doesn't design world renowned RTS games.

Fourth bestselling PC game ever, yyyyyeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Originally Posted By: The Ratt
Wait, wikipedian protest
CITATION NEEDED
What was 1,2, &3? Where are you getting this data?

On another note, I don't own SC2, because I'm not that great at RTS games. I ruined my training by using resource cheats in AoE2. I'm decent at FPS, however.

I'm getting it from Wikipedia of course! 1 is The Sims, 2 a sequel to The Sims, and 3 is World of Warcraft, not counting expansions.

Also, {{fact}} tags are blue and supped, like this: citation needed

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Andraste
Also, achievements.

Does that mean humanity is doomed?

Yes, the advancement in the uses of achievements has created a dramatic increase in competitiveness, while at the same time, increasing the laziness of a large percentage of the population. This will lead to an increase in murder, due to increased agitation, but lack of ability to get up and walk away.

I was going to award this snarky achievement in Oops when the player unlocked the maximum number of achievements possible, but alas, I did not have the time. I have to admire Blizzard for their restraint; if I were the one putting achievements in StarCraft, they would be something like:

• Click on a Mutalisk 1000 times.
  • Click on a Mutalisk 10000 times.
  • Click on a Mutalisk 100000 times.
Also: Nikki. Your avatar makes me think you are Drew.

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted By: stranger
It's extra art from Ghibli.
Might be intended to be from anything of Pom Poko, My Neighbor Totoro, Only Yesterday...

Yeah, I knew it was from Ghibli, but I'm pretty sure I searched for a particular film and found it. I was blanking on that. It's certainly early Ghibli though, you're right.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Here is mine.

Hey! I sent that to Tyran a while ago. All praise for it should come my way. tongue

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Actaeon
My wallpaper is always a season off.

I think I posted that picture in the photo thread, but I suppose you can all critique me on the applications in my dock or something.
What are the applicationss between Skype and Preview and between Kindle and Photoshop?

Eh, I'd say that there are like three boards there I can look at without completely giving up on humanity (which, granted, I do a lot these days). To be fair to /b though, I do often* see threads which are actually worthwhile.

*often, as in if I visit 4chan once a week, and /b one of those days, there'll be something interesting maybe fifty percent of the time. tongue

I like /wg/, though sometimes I hit up the anime wallpaper board. There's this excellent FMA background that's just the watch, which I like since it doesn't scream anime but it's still a pretty great reference, but it's watermarked and I'm too lazy to remove it.

I have downloaded a metric buttload of Pokemon backgrounds though.

My current one: I don't envy anyone, I know their lives are terrible