Windows version

Shine123

Soon. I'd guess this month or next month, but it's a complete guess. It all depends on how difficult porting is and how many disasters are encountered during beta testing.

—Alorael, who will resist the urge to mace a comment that could be reasonably turned into the acronym GAM even though it traditionally appears as a single word, often in boldface.

Quote:
Originally written by Prometheus:
I feel that JV should make the windows version ASAP.

It's not fair that only us Mac-users should have to endure such a horrible pile of dreck.
I second that, but only as much as anybody how hasn't actually played the game can second that particular motion.

Come on Jeffy-baby!

"Now that PPP data is at our fingertips, we could divide up all the threads and try to establish once and for all which FAQ is the most frequently asked."

That's a good one. And I think you're right. I have long ago lost count of how many people have requested an online/multiplayer version of my games.

My answer: I'm not really interested in doing it. It would be an ENORMOUS undertaking. And I don't have the technical skill, coding-wise.

And to answer the first question, barring flu, hospital visit, premature birth of my daughter, or untimely death, Avernum 4 for Windows should be out at the very beginning of March.

- Jeff Vogel

Quote:
Originally written by br553:
I can't wait 'til March gets here either. The first one I played was Exile 2 and I've been hooked since. Keep up the good work.
Amen! Hurry up and get here, March! I played the demo on Mac, but have had to wait for Windows to play the full thing. That little taste was very...tasty. ;-)

Quote:
Feathin Silyar
Apprentice
Member # 3664

Rate Member Icon 1 written February 21, 2006 05:33 PM Profile for Feathin Silyar Author's Homepage Email Feathin Silyar Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote

quote:Originally written by br553:
I can't wait 'til March gets here either. The first one I played was Exile 2 and I've been hooked since. Keep up the good work.

Amen! Hurry up and get here, March! I played the demo on Mac, but have had to wait for Windows to play the full thing. That little taste was very...tasty. ;-)

--------------------
*Child of Feanor*
Posts: 3 | From Wheaton, IL | Registered: Nov 2003 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I didn't know there were such oldbies with single digit post counts.

The surprise isn't low number oldbies. They're called invisible The surprise is when they return to post again a few years later. That means two things: they're still using the same browser on the same computer with the same cookies, and Arctic didn't eat them.

—Alorael, who would never dare underestimate the impact of the latter.

Quote:
Originally written by Mab:
You an oldbie? What am I, then?
Yeah, really. Maybe there should be some other title for those of us who were around on the IkonBoard. Olderbie? You know, I think I could have registered here a couple days earlier..it's too bad I didn't. A 2-digit member number would be pretty cool to have these days.

To keep this slightly on-topic, I guess we'll have a sizable increase in postage as all the Windows users encounter problems. Things may get more interesting around here. (ok, that was a lame attempt at on-topicness. Still, I tried, eh?)

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
Well, if everyone up to 5000 had 1000 posts, all together that would be almost as much as Alorael, which is absurd. Therefore there must be many low-numbered members with surprisingly low post counts.
5000*1000 = 5,000,000

Alorael's postcount < 11,000

A nice definition of 'almost'. :p

Also, there are nearly 2500 members who never posted. And iirc, I once calculated how many top posters share how many posts, and I think it was the top 5% sharing 95% of all posts or something.

Simply posting every day, Dikiyoba?

I have been a member of these forums for 39 days at this point, and average a little more than 1.25 posts per day.

By my count, you have been on these forums 24 days longer than I have, and you have about nine times as many posts as I do.

Cheating, no.

But one must admit, it is a little... interesting...

*shrug* Most of what goes on on these boards is pointless banter or answering the same old question for the hundredth time. Any questions I usually have I can find the answer to by searching. If you want to see me active on some game forums, visit the forums at www.t-o-m-e.net.

Admittedly I do enjoy reading the pointless banter sometimes.

Also my college used to have these forums blocked for some reason, but I requested that they un-block them and they did.

Quote:
Originally written by Feathin Silyar:
*shrug* Most of what goes on on these boards is pointless banter or answering the same old question for the hundredth time.
Ditto.

Quote:
Any questions I usually have I can find the answer to by searching. If you want to see me active on some game forums, visit the forums at www.t-o-m-e.net.
Advertisement? Die, sinner! wink

Quote:
Admittedly I do enjoy reading the pointless banter sometimes.
Me too. Especially when Sailor Moon is around. laugh

Quote:
Also my college used to have these forums blocked for some reason, but I requested that they un-block them and they did.
I can't imagine why they did. They're doomed.
:rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:
Oh I wouldn't dream of it. I'm an admin there responsible for deleting spam. Typically we have ~4 spam accounts made just to use the website link in the profile.

*checks date* The 25th. Just a couple more days. *frown* Of course, I'm going to the Bahamas from the 4th-12th so it'll probably come out while I'm gone. Grr. Oh well, I'll be having enough fun snorkelling around that I probably won't think of A4. Too much.

Quote:
Originally written by Feathin Silyar:
Quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:
Oh I wouldn't dream of it. I'm an admin there responsible for deleting spam. Typically we have ~4 spam accounts made just to use the website link in the profile.

*checks date* The 25th. Just a couple more days. *frown* Of course, I'm going to the Bahamas from the 4th-12th so it'll probably come out while I'm gone. Grr. Oh well, I'll be having enough fun snorkelling around that I probably won't think of A4. Too much.
Um, I was kinda joking about that advertisement thing. You weren't really advertising anyway.

Oh, and happy vacation! smile

Quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:
I didn't know there were such oldbies with single digit post counts.
>_> We exist. We're just invisible. I mean, I spend most of my time posting on Ogame forums, not here.

Now if you'll kindly excuse me, I'm going to go back to waiting very very impatiently for this game to come out while ignore my Mac zealot friend's taunts.

*makes grasping motions with hands*