Actaeon

It's time for another resurrection of a poll that's been done before. Once again, I'll hope you'll pardon me for how I structure my options. Those of you in the extremes may wish to vie for the tenuous honor of oldest or youngest member.

Edit: Please treat the sixth option as 26-29. If a mod wants to edit that, I'd appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
We have two people in their 50's? I thought only Harehuter was my competition for "oldest member here". I even narrowly beat out Jeff by a month or two...

I think Alorael is the oldest active member. I'm one of the 50s.

We've had some others in the 60+ group that appear for a few weeks. One was SubVet and another left before his kids (doctors) found out that he frequented a kid's game site. smile

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
And yeah, I was under the impression Alorael was far from oldest.

Alorael's advanced age is part of his gimmick. While we're at it, he is doesn't actually live in Alaska, he isn't addicted to skribbane, and he doesn't murder random pedestrians from far away.

Dikiyoba could go on, but some of you are probably already disappointed enough.

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
Originally Posted By: Dantius
My age is equal to six times nine.

I too am a fan of life, the universe, and everything. However, my age is only enough to let me smoke, vote, and join the military in those United States.
I'm a little late, but I think you did you're math wrong. 6 * 9 = 54.

I'm one year older than Excalibur, but in the same grade as him in schooling.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Rupert: by "older members," you mean members who joined a long time ago, not members who are old in years, right?

Ironically, it would work either way.

Interesting statistical tidbit: While the graph returned by the poll looks quite Gaussian in shape, when you normalize for equal bin widths, it becomes very, very leptokurtic and doesn't resemble any distribution much at all.

Perhaps I should have organized the poll with normal intervals, but I was attempting to strike a balance between numerical age and stage of life. Turns out, Diki took care of the latter. (Even so, using three year increments into the fifties and sixties would have been rather excessive.)

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
but I was attempting to strike a balance between numerical age and stage of life. Turns out, Diki took care of the latter.

Dikiyoba's original plan was to do an age thread with two polls, one with regular intervals that could be statistically analyzed and a more idiosyncratic one based on life stages and the breakdown of previous age polls, but you beat Dikiyoba to it.

Without any data to back it up, I'd assert that the average age of Spiderwebbers has crept up. People tend to join and then stick around, and while I'm not sure the age of arrival has changed, the sticking around drags the averages.

—Alorael, who is glad his gimmicks have become self-perpetuating, or at least other-perpetuating. Perpetuation is hard work, and he's glad to outsource.

Originally Posted By: Rupert
Most of the older members got into the forum in their teens (as evidenced by the average amount of maturity back then). Even with newer members, because of the tone of the forum these days, it was always a fairly safe bet that most of the people here were going to be in their 20s.

I joined the forums when I was 20, I turned 21 a month later. I'm 31 now.

Post # 665 cool