Happy Thanksgiving

Acky

I will be here reading and playing Geneforge to stay away from relatives as i am a reclusive person, until i have to when i eat. But that's not so bad as eating is quite sitracting and everyone is together and probobly talk to the other people not me.

Me, i hate polite conversation because there is no logical sense in it.

Hey lookie, I found time to slip away. I plan to gain exactly 3lb. Whether or not I'll be able to get it back off is yet to be seen.

Quote:
Loc:Jewels will never guess

Apart from trying to appear to be BloodMoon or Minion, you forgot to make your email invisible and change your occupation Lord Archon.

Edit: Unless you meant I'd never guess where you were for Thanksgiving which would kinda suggest that you were somewhere in WI. I should get out my tracer and check.

Originally Posted By: Dicshiyoba
Originally Posted By: Nikki
What's a "thanksgiving"?

It's a holiday for Americans to celebrate the fact that they aren't a British loser like you. tongue

Dikiyoba.

If that's not asking for trouble, I don't know what is. tongue

By the way, go Packers!

Originally Posted By: Master1
If that's not asking for trouble, I don't know what is. tongue

Hey, I was exiled to my bedroom with only a cranky lizard and a disabled kitten for company for the Thanksgiving meal. Trouble would be an improvement. tongue

On the plus side, though, that means Dikiyoba can ignore both the football game and the Black Friday ads so completely they might as well not exist. Take that, Thanksgiving!

Quote:
Me, i hate polite conversation because there is no logical sense in it.

I think I can get used to this guy...

~Artemis and thanksgiving. My mom is 100 Anti-holidays. So, it's just another day. Now is when I start my rants about "WHY CANT WE BE LIKE A NORMAL FAMILY??" etc. etc... I blame all of my problems on the communists, anyway.

My family is good at not overeating. That's nice. The problem? We don't appropriately compensate for not overeating. The result? Leftovers for a week!

—Alorael, who would be happier if he liked the Thanksgiving meal more. No mashed potatoes? Unacceptable. Questions as rhetorical devices? Absolutely acceptable.

Originally Posted By: llloyd
As for the weight thing, the people in my family everyone is either really fat anyway or has really good genetics and they don't get fat, luckily i have the latter and weigh less than 120 pounds.

Also i'm not unhealthily thin because i'm only 14, albeit tall for my age slightly.

Are you sure that it's genetics and not adolescence-induced high metabolism? Genes only do so much.

Originally Posted By: llloyd
I am sure, because i got it from my dad who says he never had to worry about weight until 40 years oldness. metabolism yes, caused by genetics though, maybe because of adolescence also, either way i have thinness genes, probobly.

When I was 14, I weighed 85 pounds. Almost ten years, later, I weigh more than twice that. tongue

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Dikiyoba can ignore both the football game and the Black Friday ads so completely they might as well not exist.
I ignored the football game almost entirely, except to check the scoreboard every so often; and I didn't so much as breathe on the Black Friday ads until about an hour or so ago, and then I only looked at one for about two minutes.
Originally Posted By: Test Ride Clause
Leftovers for a week!

—Alorael
I'm already working on getting rid of our leftovers. This morning I made an omelet with some leftover turkey and some remnants of the veggie tray.

Quote:
Alorael, who would be happier if he liked the Thanksgiving meal more. No mashed potatoes? Unacceptable. Questions as rhetorical devices? Absolutely acceptable.

I'll bet my allowance that you're one of those cool old guys with nothing better to do other then spend the remnants of your life on the computer. Like Jewels. laugh

~Artemis and cool old people. They make the world go 'round. You think I'm joking again. I'm not.

You're confusing several things. Jeff's customers may be septuagenarian Eskimos. I have been declared a Korean businessman. I am from Alaska, but I am not an Eskimo, and I am in my 50's, but I am not a septuagenarian. And all of this may be falsehoods and memes. It happens around here.

—Alorael, who can definitively deny any rumors that he is a cool old person. He is not, has not been, and has no intention of becoming cool. Except, perhaps, in his disposition towards others.

Originally Posted By: Tennojutsu
You're confusing several things. Jeff's customers may be septuagenarian Eskimos. I have been declared a Korean businessman. I am from Alaska, but I am not an Eskimo, and I am in my 50's, but I am not a septuagenarian. And all of this may be falsehoods and memes. It happens around here.

—Alorael, who can definitively deny any rumors that he is a cool old person. He is not, has not been, and has no intention of becoming cool. Except, perhaps, in his disposition towards others.

When I found out the truth, it was like losing my childhood all over again. Seriously. I believe several members can confirm how distraught I was.

Quote:
I am from Alaska, but I am not an Eskimo, and I am in my 50's, but I am not a septuagenarian. And all of this may be falsehoods and memes. It happens around here.

Alorael, buddy...50 is old In my book. Then again, I'm only 14. tongue

Spending half of your day on a gaming forum classifies as cool. So I get to keep my allowance. smile

~Artemis and Alaskans. I have a form of respect for those who can stand cold. I'd rather burn to death than [then?] freeze to death.

You've been posting for two weeks, that averages out to 32 posts per week. Alorael averages to about 42.5 posts per week. I average out to 45 posts per week, making me more awesome than Alorael (Allow me this moment of hubris, please, since it will be the only time that I'll be better than Alorael). If you'd like, I could work out calculations for the entire board.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
The thing is, if it's cold, you can always put on another coat. If it's hot, however, there's really nothing you can do. I prefer the cold.

High Five to this!

Nobody at my thanksgiving watched any of the football games, no interest. Though I am currently watching the Colts right now! Man our team seems to get lucky streaks!

You've been posting for two weeks, that averages out to 32 posts per week. Alorael averages to about 42.5 posts per week. I average out to 45 posts per week, making me more awesome than Alorael (Allow me this moment of hubris, please, since it will be the only time that I'll be better than Alorael).

It's not like anyone will catch up with Alorael anytime soon. He's been posting for almost eight years now.

If you'd like, I could work out calculations for the entire board.

Meh, Aran used to have a site called the Grand Endeavor which would do just that, but then UBB switched and it no longer works.

Fine, so 100 degrees below room temperature, that's what, slightly over -20? Siberia and Russia and northern Alaska reach that, and people can survive that. 100 degrees over is almost boiling, you couldn't survive that.

Oh, and I use Farenheit, because only commies in Europe use Celsius. THIS IS AMERICA! Well, actually, it's the Internet, but still.