G2 Remake Kickstarter page is up

ultra112

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Amira The Hot Potato said:

lion/plant hybrid

How about a turret that shoots lions!

Win-win

Regardless... plants that move would be problematic for the lore. If those madmen in the mountains could create such a thing in a couple of years then the Shaper Empire would have developed similar things and have entire forests shaped and moved, making re-forestation or colonization much faster.  

Not to mention that a moving spawner is a big issue. 

Edited by alhoon

1 hour ago, alhoon said:

Regardless... plants that move would be problematic for the lore. If those madmen in the mountains could create such a thing in a couple of years then the Shaper Empire would have developed similar things and have entire forests shaped and moved, making re-forestation or colonization much faster.  

Not to mention that a moving spawner is a big issue. 

Well thats the thing that I'm worried/confused about. idk how all this will work

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my idea for the plant turret's abilities that I sent to Jeff 
"For the Plant Turret's ability, I think in it's mobile state; it would be able to spit thorns at a rapid rate similar to the spray baton, as for it' other ability is that it is capable of spitting a largr bulb filled with volatile sap, which detonates when it hits it's target, damaging it along with other enemies near it as well. As for it's stationary state, it would switch from rapid firing out thorns to a very long range single target thorn shooting attack, which it will deal heavy armour piercing damage and as for it's secondary attack it will thorny roots from the ground to attack enemies surrounding it."

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, alhoon said:

Hmmm... wasn't the area past Lying Zackary the Deceiver supposed to be lush and green? I see a forest for the Barzites, Decent land for the Awakened and meh-land for the Takers. 

based on the original map, the right side on this map looks a little less green but still seems thats how it was suppose to be. iirc there was outside area just before you get the the first servile city (forgot name) that had things like plants dying

The stalkthorn can be interesting after seeing how in Avadon you could use fixed locations attacks with the tinkermage and his devices. Set up and lure your foes to their deaths. 

Nice to hear how far along Jeff is in remaking the game.

16 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

Really phenomenal map work again, wow. The stalkthorn could fit the setting thematically, considering they were using shaping to introduce plant life to the area.

I agree since in the original G2 there were plenty of plant life enemies for us to fight and one of the loyalist shaper is a botanist I believe as well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...