G2 Remake Kickstarter page is up

ultra112

2 minutes ago, Enobarbus World said:

in a surprise throwback, the stalkthorn is going to use the A4 chitrach graphic

Not going to happen because Jeff is tired of rescaling graphics from previous games. Instead he will use the infamous invisible graphic so you can't see where they are without moving the cursor over every tile until one lights up with an outline of a rectangle.

• 1 month later...

Beta testing and what Jeff's released in previews. Mostly previews since I hate making creations. Although it's so early in testing that almost anything can change. Most probably will over the next few months.

About the only fixed things ae the World Map, story, and several hundred thousand words of dialogue and text. Those require too much work to change now.

14 hours ago, Randomizer said:

I hate making creations.

😐

In Geneforge? And you're a long-time multi-replay kind of guy? 

I am surprised. 

I wished my creations would have some basic reactions or something. Like a Thahd saying "aaargh" once a while or a drayk throwing you an one liner, etc. 

Edited by alhoon

16 hours ago, Randomizer said:

Beta testing and what Jeff's released in previews. Mostly previews since I hate making creations. Although it's so early in testing that almost anything can change. Most probably will over the next few months.

About the only fixed things ae the World Map, story, and several hundred thousand words of dialogue and text. Those require too much work to change now.

So any major changes to the story so far?

5 hours ago, ultra112 said:

So any major changes to the story so far?

Probably more lies from Lying Zakary the Deceiver. We were told his dialogue would be expanded. Considering that about 150% of what he said was lies, I expect more of the same. 

Now, jokes aside, I would love some GF2 stuff with more quests and creations but the idea that I have to deal more with that butthole creeps me out. I am not looking forward to talks with Zakary. I have found recently that I love to hate some villains and simply dislike others. Zakary is just that.

Edited by alhoon

While checking this, I also checked the screenshots. 

I saw Shanti has a necklace of feathers and fangs... i.e. a token like those we need to pass ... either the Barzite or Taker areas. I forget. HOW did Shanti got hold of that token before the game really started? 

Also, remember when Greta makes fun of Monarch for his token? The Rebels AND Shapers are using those by the dozen. OK, the Shapers started using them when things got rough, but the Rebels are spamming them in all games.  Greta (that for all I know could be holding 1-2 such tokens to pass the Shadow Road that I think was up and running by that time AND a token to go to the Northforge) should not be making fun of Monarch for his baton.   

Edited by alhoon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Jeff said February for release, but that's subject to getting it done for approval versions to third party distributors. Steam and other stores want a release version to check about a month before they sell it.

Right now the game has been tested, but needs some of the cosmetic things like final art and those little things to make it polished. Plus testing the Windows version hasn't started.

Testing has gone at a faster rate than recent games.

2 hours ago, alhoon said:

Any idea when during the "Q1 of 2024" GF2 will come out? Early Q1? Late Q1? Can we expect a late January release or it is a dream at this point?

I think January would be too soon. feb or march sounds more reasonable and I think he said something about february anyways

1 hour ago, ultra112 said:

the stalkhorn looks about how I expected. with the drakon it would be nice if it has slightly longer horns

1 hour ago, ultra112 said:

I mean it's weird since the Drakon on the splash screens have wings; but in the game they don't

iirc there was a version that could fly but that was in gf3 and he might retcon that. not sure. I kind of like the idea of different/special variants though

11 hours ago, ultra112 said:

Oh wow, didn't how like it ended or what?

This is back in the day when I was in the single digits age wise. I can't really remember but I "think" I was bored and also fell in love with the drakons and wanted an easier way to get them

Edited by Amira The Hot Potato

On 12/14/2023 at 7:10 AM, ultra112 said:

same and I wish it got the wings too

I am strongly, STRONGLY against the wings. 

The Winged Dracons are the Awakened ending of GF2.  Storywise and lorewise it is much better for them to be wingless. Or at least have very small wings. 

Edited by alhoon

honestly i get the lore thing but i still think the wings would look cool. while we're talking about wings.. were the drayks EVER able to fly? i can't remember if the original GF1 or mutagen said anything about why they have wings if they can't even fly..

Edited by Amira The Hot Potato