G2 Remake Kickstarter page is up

ultra112

4 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

That's covered under NDA for testers, but the upcoming backer beta isn't, so you'll know soon enough.

Just for fun - are there any particular characters you're expecting or would like to see return in Infestation? Get your predictions in now 😄

some of the inutil would be nice or Alonzo. I also kind of want to see Tomato even though they were just Goettsch's pet(and probably died defending him). Speaking of which, that reminds me of a question I forgot to ask YEARS ago when the original GF came out. Why AREN'T the drayks red? Now granted, they are HEAVILY modified fyora and maybe the green was the final after effect but the cryoa and cyro-drayks are blue(ish) and the fyora is red

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BMA said:

Just saw the demo for Geneforge 2 is available on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/2480560/Geneforge_2__Infestation/

Awesome!!! Downloading.

Also, anyone has the pic from the mail they sent us? 

The following has spoilers: 

I think that's the awakened ending. With the big, flying Drakons.

Ok so apparently in the livestream, Jeff confirmed that the Kyshakk, the wingbolt and the war trall will only appear in the G4 remake from there on, so in other words we won't see them early in the G3 remake. Along with the fact that Geneforge was supposed to be a 6 game series but by the time he worked on G5 he felt like the series should end there so G6 was dead at that point

27 minutes ago, ultra112 said:

Ok so apparently in the livestream, Jeff confirmed that the Kyshakk, the wingbolt and the war trall will only appear in the G4 remake from there on, so in other words we won't see them early in the G3 remake. Along with the fact that Geneforge was supposed to be a 6 game series but by the time he worked on G5 he felt like the series should end there so G6 was dead at that point

I mean that makes sense. One of my pet peeves is series,movies and tv shows that go on..and on.. and ON when the last game, movie, finale already had a pretty good conclusion and most if not all important points where hit. What else is there to talk about? One thing that stood out to me in the first Geneforge even as a little 4 or 5 year old girl playing is that "you cannot unring a bell" I knew crap was about to go down. The rebels are gonna be rebels and shapers be shaper. There may be some type of truce but I don't think there is much else to go on about. Mind you, this is my favorite series. I would like a prequel but even that I don't think would happen

13 minutes ago, ultra112 said:

Same, I would really be interested in seeing a prequel about the proto-shapers and their war with Huestess' people; perhaps in their we could have a more in depth look at the art that Huestess' people dabble in

I don't know if he was ever asked about making as prequel for it but I definitely will ask him Saturday on Steam because that's the main thing I want to see

11 hours ago, ultra112 said:

Well, lore-wise WTralls and Kyshaaks were made during the war. In fact, the Kyshakk is not even ready during GF4, they are experimental and you can blow up the Shaper that made them. 

I was really irritated by that retcon -- it's a big shift even if on a minor point, and Thrackerzod in general seems very incongruent with the game world.  (It's also just weird that the serviles freak out so much about both the PC and Goettsch, but have zero interest in Thrackerzod's crew of multiple shapers at all.)  Either it was a kickstarter backer insertion that was poorly vetted, or it was a moment of Avernum 4 syndrome.