Relationship Poll

keira

Because I am slightly curious (this curiosity having been brought on by the recent major holiday and related SW topic), also it has been some time since I have messed with Satan the UBB Poll Manager. Don't mind some of the answers, it turns out the UBB Poll Manager is quite possibly the [censored]est thing in the world.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never really believed in the actual word love since as long as i can remember. While people in my highschool were all worried about exploring that, i could care less. When i got older I realized that it was a waste of time to begin with. You can look at the current statistics nowadays, people arent getting married as often nowadays.

Marriage rates aren't direct measurements of love. Relationships are closer, of course, but even they have no bearing on the value of love, just on its prevalence. It's quite possible that we're in an era uniquely unsuited to romantic love without making love any less wonderful.

—Alorael, who of course doesn't think this is the most uniquely anti-love era, among other reasons because the current conception of love is a relatively recently evolved construct. But as eras go, this one's pretty accommodating of love, even stupid love.

Originally Posted By: fade out again
Man, looking at all the names of Spiderwebbers gone by is making me feel old.

I'm hardly an oldbie, and I recognize most of those names. The way they slip off, though, you often don't notice they're gone until you hear their name again. (Or until you make a reference to someone who isn't well known anymore)

I'm with Alorael on modern romance, as far as it goes. Our social constraints have eroded, but that shouldn't do away with love. Also, the United States isn't the World.

In all seriousness, I can think of at least five romantic relationships/encounters that occured between board members who did not know each other before meeting on this site. One of those is a marriage with children, and I am pretty sure that there are a few more for the list. If you include flirting impeded only by thousand-mile separations, the list would be longer still.

Apparently I missed the match maker thread. Heck, I only know genders from those photo threads, and it's been a while for most of 'em. (Well, and Facebook, but not many Spiderwebbers friended me.)

Edit: I suppose Dikiyoba's stories and Slatry vs. Desk helped, too, assuming their pronouns were accurate.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
snip

I remember when this thing came out, and how I was mildly annoyed I wasn't on it on the time.

Oh, well - I outlasted most of the names on that list... Does that make me a winner or a loser?

To answer the poll, I am in a relationship and happy about it. We had a pleasant Valentine's Day together, too.

I was actually kind of linked with Khoth before Aran, but I guess that one wasn't as public back then. No reason for it to be I suppose. I even had his username as part of mine for a short time. 49th was 'glompingKhoth'.

As far as relationships go in general, I've come to identify as grey-asexual and I've pretty much ceased contact with all of my friends altogether. Most never really seemed to mean enough and I've kind of gotten tired of trying to care about them. And I mean this has been going on for a couple of years now. It's probably a bad thing. :\

I only really started looking for a relationship last year. I'm seeing four different girls now, though their feelings towards me are vague enough that I don't consider myself to be "in a relationship" with any of them yet. I hope I'll pair up with at least one of them in near future, though, since I really desire company.

Single, have been taken. I'm kinda whatever about that; it just is what it is. I think TM said it best at one point; something to the nature of, "If you don't meet your own standards of lovability, maybe you shouldn't pursue love."

Nik (backtracking a bit): Nobody's ever really gone from Spidweb. Everyone always comes back, even for a just a minute, to poke their head in and make sure everyone here is still insane.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
Originally Posted By: aka Ravenwing
Nobody's ever really gone from Spidweb. Everyone always comes back, even for a just a minute, to poke their head in and make sure everyone here is still insane.

And what if we're not?

We get replaced with someone who is. crazy

Actaeon: Well you're still here, aren't you? Has Spiderweb developed some semblance of sanity? tongue

Tyran: Oh, you always knew I'd be back around eventually. I found myself a bit curious who was still a regular around here, what with the evident shutdown of SV (RIP) and collapse of The Blades Forge (only the good die young). After my whole computer crapout, I debated whether it would even be worth my time to start BoAing again, as I didn't even know if anyone still cared (the joke being that so few people cared to begin with that it was never even worth the time, but it's inevitable anyway).

tl;dr: Good to be back. smile

Some, yes. I think people are slacking on the greeting.

Originally Posted By: Getting to the Chopper
Originally Posted By: Frozen Feet
I'm seeing four different girls now
winning.jpg

For now. You'd be amazed at how quickly that can go south, without an ounce of deceit or malice on the one's part. Or maybe you wouldn't. There are enough sitcoms on the subject.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon

For now. You'd be amazed at how quickly that can go south, without an ounce of deceit or malice on the one's part. Or maybe you wouldn't. There are enough sitcoms on the subject.

Yeah. Anyways, it's down to three girls now... one of them informed me she no longer wants to keep in touch, for reasons unknown to me. In retrospect, I regret not asking why, but my only thought at the moment was just to wish her well and move along.

Or well, it would be down to three, if one of my long-distance acquitances hadn't expressed the desire to see me in romantic circumstances. Life is being weird to me right now.

Originally Posted By: aka Ravenwing

Nik (backtracking a bit): Nobody's ever really gone from Spidweb. Everyone always comes back, even for a just a minute, to poke their head in and make sure everyone here is still insane.

Everyone does always come back, oddly enough. Once in a while I'll remember this site and get curious.

Single, have been taken only twice. Due to location, there's not a lot to choose from, and I have no interest in any remaining women around.

Originally Posted By: Frozen Feet
... Or well, it would be down to three, if one of my long-distance acquitances hadn't expressed the desire to see me in romantic circumstances. Life is being weird to me right now.

If I'm reading that correctly, starting a long-distance relationship--from a distance--would be odd. Most people carry the pre-existing short to the long.