8000 users

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε

Considering that Dantius has member number 19106, you're probably a little late to the party.

(to be fair, most of the members were spambots and have been deleted leaving 8000 members, but still, we're over nine thousand in terms of the REAL important number.)

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
number recycling maybe? i'm 7333 and i haven't been here that long.
No, numbers aren't recycled, and you've been here for 5 years, so your relatively low number isn't all that surprising.

Member numbers did shift slightly with the big UBB upgrade; I moved from 5576 to 5567.

And just like that, we're up to 8001. It was fun while it lasted.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Also a new admin user at member 1 shifted the members upward.

I was just wondering why Jeff is member number 2. Does the number 1 account actually exist, and does it ever do anything?

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
(Side effect of the board upgrade?)

Perhaps the original Spidweb account was originally named something else, like say Admin, and then he changed his PDN to Spidweb, whereas the account number 20000-ish is actually called Spidweb and doesn't have a separate PDN?

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
(Side effect of the board upgrade?)

Perhaps the original Spidweb account was originally named something else, like say Admin, and then he changed his PDN to Spidweb, whereas the account number 20000-ish is actually called Spidweb and doesn't have a separate PDN?

Wouldn't work, no if you take a close look at the name you can see the characters are different. The 20000-ish wrote either the S or the p in a different language where the english character is differentiated from the other language character. There's probably no way (as of yet) to guard against such things.

Originally Posted By: Erasmus
if you take a close look at the name you can see the characters are different. The 20000-ish wrote either the S or the p in a different language where the english character is differentiated from the other language character. There's probably no way (as of yet) to guard against such things.
Huh, you're right. The funny thing is that I checked for this by highlighting both names and clicking "View Selection Source" in Firefox 3, and both appeared the same. But when I view the HTML for the entire page, I can see the character entity reference.

Weird.

Originally Posted By: Nephils vs. Sliths NO RUSH
No. All member numbers went down as unused accounts were deleted during the migration to the new UBB.

—Alorael, who who was terribly saddened. He was rather attached to his old member number.

When I read this, I was outraged that someone else had my number, 95. Turns out I didn't have to worry, because I still have it. I'm a little surprised that none of the first 94 accounts were unused.

Originally Posted By: Sarachim
When I read this, I was outraged that someone else had my number, 95. Turns out I didn't have to worry, because I still have it. I'm a little surprised that none of the first 94 accounts were unused.

Actually, member #5 was deleted by a forums bug, but this was balanced out by the addition of the new admin account, so your number ended up being the same. (This is why TM is now #5.)