Since it was brought up elswhere, I must ask.

Tracer Bullet

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
Originally Posted By: Tirien
Jeffbeard should be informed about this.
I'm not sure if I can believe this is Jeff; his typing skills appear to be abominable.
Not necessarily; I can type pretty fast that way.

Originally Posted By: The Voice of Atalantë
Originally Posted By: Tirien
Originally Posted By: The Voice of Atalantë
They'll never find it! I've hidden it.
That's what they all think.
Well if security and armed force don't work, I'll go for secrecy.
No such luck. No matter what you do or how hard you try, the fluffy turtles will get your sanity anyway.

Originally Posted By: FnordCola
Au contraire, mon petite fromage. The fluffy turtles come around when you haven't consumed enough skribbane.

Ton petit fromage? Vraiment?

What you say isn't strictly true. The fluffy turtles come around if you have any sanity at all; it just so happens that skribbane consumption is a good way to get rid of that annoying stuff.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Je prononce à regret cette fatale vérité: Le fromage doit mourir, parce qu'il faut que la peuple vive!
Napoleon, your use of google translate is showing.

Regardless, you are all wrong: although ma, mon, and mes are the feminine, masculine, and plural 1st person singular possessive pronouns, the gender refers to the gender of the object being modified, NOT the person who possesses it. Thus "Ma mère et mon père sont mes parents" -- "My mother and my father are my parents." In this regard they are quite different from English his, her, its; French in fact does not make that distinction, and has only one set of 3rd person singular possessives.

Originally Posted By: waterplant
Originally Posted By: waterplant
He called you her little cheese.

Mon is feminine, I believe.

Ma is feminine. Mon is masculine. Mes is plural.

'Michelle, ma belle'(?) - was Paul McCartney messin' with us?

No, because belle is feminine. The mon/ma/mes matches with the noun, not with the speaker.

Je prononce à regret cette fatale vérité: Le fromage doit mourir, parce qu'il faut que la peuple vive!

Je regrette, mais c'est vrai. Je pense-c'est la vie, et l'homme est plus important que tous les fromages.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Napoleon, your use of google translate is showing.

Wikiquote, actually. I couldn't recall the exact phrasing of the original Robespierre quote, so I just looked it up. My humblest apologies for not having a flawless grasp of 18th century archaic French, as you probably do.

Originally Posted By: FnordCola
Au contraire, mon petite fromage.

While Slarty's comment on pronoun gender is correct, the actual mistake in this post is the gender of the adjective. Fromage is masculine, so both the pronoun and adjective must be masculine. It should read
Quote:
mon petit fromage.