How many hours of your life has been eaten?

*Logan*

Hello,

I'm curious to know how many hours you long time veterans of Geneforge have put into all 5 games?

How many hours of your lives have been sucked away by these addicting time consuming monsters?

Me? Well, I just started playing all 5 games at ONCE, and I'd say that I've given them all at least 8 hours between the 5 of them.

Too many. Far Far Far Far Far Far Far Far Far Far Far Far Far Far Far Too many.

Hate that i still cant get my G3 back. -.- shouldnt have bought it off wildgames... Well atleast i have the other four.

but only 8 hrs logan? 0.0

MY estimate for me is...

ugh.... i cant even think that high.

Btw this might be better for the Geneforge threads. since its game based and not general -.- since people in geneforge eat life too tongue

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
I'll tell everyone how long I spend playing any game when I actually bother to keep track. Put simply, not going to happen.

Ya, now that I think of it, the Geneforge series doesn't seem to keep track of how many hours you've put into the game. The saves just tell you what day and time was saved last.

Most RPGs usually keep a running count for you to show off.

Hmm, I guess show off right?

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
Originally Posted By: *Logan*

Most RPGs usually keep a running count for you to show off.
Maybe I've just not played enough RPGs, but I didn't think that keeping track of total time played was a common feature...

It is a standard feature of console RPGs. It is relatively rare on PC RPGs.

Having finally played the game, I'm kind of sad that the cake quote is the most (in)famous Portal meme, since it doesn't even come close to being my favorite line.

Dikiyoba can't even guess how much time Dikiyoba has spent playing Spiderweb games over the years. Dikiyoba has played Avernum 2 probably over a dozen times, and played through many of the other games at least once, so it's certainly been a lot.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Having finally played the game, I'm kind of sad that the cake quote is the most (in)famous Portal meme, since it doesn't even come close to being my favorite line.

Off the top of my head (and I haven't played the game in over a year, so I might be missing a really obvious one, but these are my favourite lines:

Quote:

"Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'goodbye', and you were like 'no way'? And then I was all 'we pretended we were going to murder you'. That was great."

Quote:

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me."

Originally Posted By: GLaDOS

Remember, the Aperture Science Bring Your Daughter to Work Day is the perfect time to have her tested.

There was even going to be a party for you. A big party that all your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, the Companion Cube. Of course, he couldn't come because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come, either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file: "Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter, unlikable loner, whose passing shall not be mourned. Shall NOT be mourned." That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted, so that's funny, too.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

Oh, it's you. It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know...after you murdered me? Okay look, we both said a lot of things that you are going to regret. But I think we should put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.

From the first gameplay video of Portal 2.

Originally Posted By: Velzan
Cake? Now Cakes not a lie. I know. I have one right here.

Call that a lie if you want But you simple cannot deny. I HAVE CAKE!
Those are clearly muffins. tongue

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Having finally played the game, I never even noticed the "cake is a lie" line anywhere... actually, I haven't quite beaten Glados yet, so I've a bit of playing to do still.

Anyway, one of my favourite lines is "We would like to remind you that android hell is a very real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance."

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
Having finally played the game, I never even noticed the "cake is a lie" line anywhere... actually, I haven't quite beaten Glados yet, so I've a bit of playing to do still.

Anyway, one of my favourite lines is "We would like to remind you that android hell is a very real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance."

If I recall right, it's scribbled on the walls in a few places. I also have not beaten Glados, though I'm fighting it, so I may not be right.

"This test is, in fact, impossible. Please give up now."
"Unbelievable! You, SUBJECT NAME HERE must be the pride of SUBJECT HOMETOWN HERE."
"I don't blame you."

That game is chock full of good quotes, though.

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
It is scribbled on the wall though I only remember seeing "the cake is a lie" line in its entirety in test 12 or 13 - the one with the 3 energy balls in the big room. Might be mistaken though, of course, since as I said, it's been a while.

I believe it is also in the Companion cube level, the latter bits of the final level, and also the turrets level.

I remember this because I played the game through in commentary mode, and they talked incessantly about how that helped to build "atmosphere"

All subjects intending to handle high-energy gamma leaking portal technology must be informed that they may be informed of applicable regulatory compliance issues. No further compliance information is required or will be provided, and you are an excellent text subject!

As well as the credits song. Dikiyoba finds it surprisingly catchy.

Well I've lost interest in Geneforge 1 and 2 now...

I'm loving 3, 4 and 5 though, it must be the better interface, graphics and audio that's holding my interest.

I just finished the first island in Geneforge 3, so I've invested a fair amount of time now...

Would be handy if the game kept track of total hours played now that I'm getting up there.

Originally Posted By: *Logan*
Originally Posted By: Velzan
Oh shush Logan This Topic Never HAD A TOPIC!!....

Your 8 hours or more is nothing to my 1000+ hours.

?I seriously bet thats not half of my hours though laugh

Holy shyt that's a lot of time...

I've been playing for 500 hours o.o. *Still am a cheating noob though* However, I started to play semi-legitly, I hex-edited my General Skills to the max, I hate being locked out of a skill/canister.

Originally Posted By: Kinetiquette
—Alorael, who is glad to see that Spiderweb's hour-eating days are not over. He'll admit to spending too many hours and that he intends to sink countless more.

I would imagine that that would be self-evident:

Originally Posted By: UBB