Kickstarter for Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor

Mechalibur

The Kickstarter for Queen's Wish 2 officially launched: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spiderwebsoftware/queens-wish-2-the-tormentor/

Between the project description and the blog post Jeff made, we have some new information about the game:

• You're playing the same character in Queen's Wish 1. This is a first for any game by Spiderweb Software.
  • Queen Sharyn's illness seems to be public knowledge now, and Haven is in a panic.
  • The game will take place in a region called the "Rokaj" where your father is from. I don't believe the first game ever mentioned your character's father, so it looks like we'll finally get some more information about him.
  • You will actually have the option to betray Haven.
  • Core gameplay seems to be the same - you command a squad of soldiers and rebuild forts in the region.
  • There's an interesting screenshot where you pick a "dedication" for your fort, either diplomacy, military, or knowledge. No idea what it means, but you may actually have to make decisions about your forts instead of just taking all the upgrades in every fort.
  • You can still abuse your butler.
  • Dungeons still require you to beat the boss before the enemies de-spawn.
  • The exp system is being re-designed. It sounds like Jeff wants exp to feel more rewarding instead of only being given out when you clear a dungeon.
  • The game will have 12 more abilities than the first Queen's Wish did. He wants to make sure that every ability feels useful, even in the late game.

I'm looking forward to it! Let me know if I missed anything important.

Edited by Mechalibur

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/17/2021 at 10:54 PM, ZorroDragonslayer said:

I want to back but don't like being forced into opening an account with another privacy black hole to learn about.....

I know this is old but for geneforge mutagen, I missed it until the kickstarter was aleeady over. I tossed him an email and did it over paypal. You can find my name in the credits ;)

i joined kickstarter for qw2

Edited by marnick

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kickstarter update today included a map of the new region. Something interesting is that the map mentions the year is "510." That would mean this game takes place 13 years after the first game.

The map's setup looks pretty similar to the first game. An introductory zone at the beginning with a single fort that eases you into the mechanics. Then 3 zones with 2 forts each that each focus on a specific culture. And it looks like there's a final zone that may only be accessible after sorting out the issues in all the other areas.

Edited by Mechalibur

• 2 months later...

Another update today, and the Steam page is officially up: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1947750/Queens_Wish_2_The_Tormentor/

The most interesting thing from the trailer/images:

• Runes/Augments seem to have more varied effects. There's one that gives +1 to bloodletting, for example
  • The Magic/Support/Combat trees look about the same, but the cultural ability tree looks massively expanded to be the same size. Although it's possible the Prince(ss)' cultural tree is just larger than the other characters'.
  • There seems to be a crafting/upgrade system that uses resources like crystals, books, and amber. 

Some new runes/augmemts. Even more new items to use them with than before.

The Cultural page has the top row as cultural and the next three are abilities that everyone can get under certain conditions. A lot more room to make different characters with all the new abilities.

Crafting system makes the game different and you can't get everything in one game. So multiple play throughs to see everything.

My game made the inventory screen shot. :)

Downside was Jeff saw how many items I'm saving up for the expert area.endgame.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 6:19 PM, Mechalibur said:

Kickstarter update today included a map of the new region. Something interesting is that the map mentions the year is "510." That would mean this game takes place 13 years after the first game.

You know, it just occurs to me that the years on the maps are when the maps were made, not the current year the game takes place in. 13 years did seem like quite a long gap.

On 5/13/2022 at 6:15 PM, Mechalibur said:

You know, it just occurs to me that the years on the maps are when the maps were made, not the current year the game takes place in. 13 years did seem like quite a long gap.

Lol I was about to say. 13 years and the Queen is still sick(and alive) must be some illness👻