Brad Pit playing SW games

WLDD

Guys have ever payed atention on hunds called Pit-Bred in Avadon 2 found in dungeons I think or it is just me :D

So is that just reference to Brad Pit or Jeff is making jokes of him :D

*Love is one reason to live*

It is possible as Brad Pitt is a pretty openminded guy. The only celebrity that I remember reading about regarding spiderweb was R. Kelly. That one alone amazed me :lol:

No, no. Lynaeus is full of pits, and everyone knows a good pit needs an ogre. Sadly, many ogres are constitutionally more suited to swamps or proper caves, or occasionally decrepit castles. Seeing a niche to fill, breeders have started programs to breed ogres exclusively for those pits.

—Alorael, who would be remiss if he neglected the associated phenomenon of pit bread. You see, while inbreeding often leads to negative traits (and pit-bred ogres are sadly prone to hip dysplasia), these ogres also have a remarkable talent as bakers. Their fine artisanal breads can command top prices.

He doesn't really. It's a relative clause: 'who' is third person. So for instance it's "I knock" but "I am the one who knocks."

Obscure grammar minutia!

I think this is not quite right. As I understand it, "who" takes the person of its referent. In your example, "I am the one who knocks," "who" refers to "one," and "one" is third-person. But if you were to say, "I, who am your worst nightmare, have come," the "who" refers to "I" and therefore is first-person.

At least, that formerly was the rule, but I don't think that very many people use the sentence structure that would call for the rule anymore, much less apply the rule correctly. (I can't even find a website that mentions this rule, after some quick Googling.) So probably now most people just use a third-person "who" regardless.

Alorael mentions his name in the third person because it's a simulation of a signature. You sign your name at the end of a letter, email, or, in Alo's case, a post. And, oddly, because the name is in the third-person, the "who" presumably is in the third person as well.

—Kelandon, who really enjoys stepping on Alo's toes, especially now that Alo is all high and might and running the place.

I do it because I've even doing it for over a decade now. It feels strange not to end posts in what is grammatically known as the third-person ramblative.

—Alorael, who has occasionally gone through archived and watched the evolution of his signature by random sampling. He does it very differently now than he did when first posting.

I think this is not quite right. As I understand it, "who" takes the person of its referent. In your example, "I am the one who knocks," "who" refers to "one," and "one" is third-person. But if you were to say, "I, who am your worst nightmare, have come," the "who" refers to "I" and therefore is first-person.

Yeah, I think you're right. Good catch.

Obscure grammar minutia!

At least, that formerly was the rule, but I don't think that very many people use the sentence structure that would call for the rule anymore, much less apply the rule correctly. (I can't even find a website that mentions this rule, after some quick Googling.) So probably now most people just use a third-person "who" regardless.

Alorael mentions his name in the third person because it's a simulation of a signature. You sign your name at the end of a letter, email, or, in Alo's case, a post. And, oddly, because the name is in the third-person, the "who" presumably is in the third person as well.

—Kelandon, who really enjoys stepping on Alo's toes, especially now that Alo is all high and might and running the place.

Anyway don't take it seriously but that is pretty stupid for me :)

Btw is this ""I, who am your worst nightmare" from Tryndamere - LoL?

I do it because I've even doing it for over a decade now. It feels strange not to end posts in what is grammatically known as the third-person ramblative.

—Alorael, who has occasionally gone through archived and watched the evolution of his signature by random sampling. He does it very differently now than he did when first posting.

Okay okay :p

Anyway don't take it seriously but that is pretty stupid for me :)

Stupid and incorrect have nothing to do with each other where languages are concerned!

Btw is this ""I, who am your worst nightmare" from Tryndamere - LoL?

Since I did a search for "I who am your worst nightmare" and got only a single Google result, from fanfiction, I think the answer is no.

—Alorael, who is and is not Heisenberg. Or wait, Schrödinger. Actually, maybe he is either Heisenberg or Schrödinger.

The next time you read through your old SW topics, you should make a thread about your signature evolution (well, unless the old posts are too embarrassing to link to).

Dikiyoba knows how hard to keep a posting gimmick relevant, interesting, and not too much of a burden. You should be applauded for keeping it up for over a decade now.

Dikiyoba knows how hard to keep a posting gimmick relevant, interesting, and not too much of a burden. You should be applauded for keeping it up for over a decade now.

Especially if they're embarrassing. :p

"Muffin where inhumanity burns" was hilarious, though. May Babelfish rest in peace.

Stupid and incorrect have nothing to do with each other where languages are concerned!

Since I did a search for "I who am your worst nightmare" and got only a single Google result, from fanfiction, I think the answer is no.

—Alorael, who is and is not Heisenberg. Or wait, Schrödinger. Actually, maybe he is either Heisenberg or Schrödinger.

Well dude, here is a link, search down for quotes and there you go! :)

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Tryndamere/Background

"I am your worst nightmare" is different from "I, who am your worst nightmare," though. Very different, in fact, given that "I am your worst nightmare" is such a commonly uttered line that it's a cliché while "I, who am your worst nightmare" is awkward and pretentious enough that apparently no one uses it.

Dikiyoba would volunteer to be your worst nightmare were it not for the fact that Dikiyoba is only frightening enough to qualify as your fourth worst nightmare. Perhaps third worst, on a good day.

Dikiyoba, I think you're still overestimating how nightmarish you are. You're just not horrific. You'd make a terrible nightmare. The worst, even.

I know. It's been tough ever since everyone learned that dinosaurs had feathers and are the ancestors of birds. Somehow, the fact that T. rex likely had some feathers completely negates the fact that had teeth up to 12 inches long, the strongest bite force of any terrestrial animal ever, got into vicious fights with each other, and killed other huge, well-armed (meaning weaponry, not forelimbs, though most other dinosaurs were well-armed in comparison to Tyrannosaurus in that sense too) dinos r a living.

Dikiyoba may have to branch out into archosaurs in general. Modern crocodiles are terrifying, and they're only the beginning.

The perspective on your icon does not help. I find it hard to have nightmares over something that it looks like I could just step on it. Now, if we had to look up to see those 12" teeth, that would be different.

Guys I think you have gonne to far from subject of topic but anyway, if you want to see teeth, here you go