Friends, Romans, Countrymen...

Dantius

...Lend me your ears for a brief announcment: Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from Spiderweb effective three months ago. My press secretary will be avalibe to reply "no comment" to all of your questions at the press conference currently scheduled for 6:00 PM Eastern time tomorrow.

That will be all.

• 2 months later...

Hey, now. Be nice to the guy. Three months is long enough for renewbification to set in. Remember when you were a newb, and had no idea what this place was all about? Well, then.

Dantius, welcome to the boards. You probably want to know which Spiderweb game is the best. You should start a topic here about that. Or in any forum at all, really. Everyone will be friendly and offer helpful advice.

One particular piece of friendly advice, though — and here, I have to say, I am speaking in my role as a Global Moderator of these forums: we are a bit fussy here about spelling and grammar. So don't split any semicolons, or we'll ban you, and your little dog, too.

Have a nice day.

Hey, now. Be nice to the guy. Three months is long enough for renewbification to set in. Remember when you were a newb, and had no idea what this place was all about? Well, then.

Dantius, welcome to the boards. You probably want to know which Spiderweb game is the best. You should start a topic here about that. Or in any forum at all, really. Everyone will be friendly and offer helpful advice.

One particular piece of friendly advice, though — and here, I have to say, I am speaking in my role as a Global Moderator of these forums: we are a bit fussy here about spelling and grammar. So don't split any semicolons, or we'll ban you, and your little dog, too.

Have a nice day.

hi

what is best game on spiderweb? i like gaems like cod and bf3.

when will jeff release blades of geneforge!!! that would be cool. or he could make a movie. or a mmo. i like mmos.

There's something to that, actually. Nectar is made by flowers in order to attract animals that in some way help the flowers. While ethanol isn't evolutionarily produced for us, yeast are currently being selected for optimal ethanol production. So yes, it is a kind of nectar in our mutualism with yeast.

—Alorael, who needs to be excused to work on breeding flowers that exude beer in their nectaries. Lambic seems appropriate.

There's something to that, actually. Nectar is made by flowers in order to attract animals that in some way help the flowers. While ethanol isn't evolutionarily produced for us, yeast are currently being selected for optimal ethanol production. So yes, it is a kind of nectar in our mutualism with yeast.

By that logic, honey bees turn nectar into nectar...

Dikiyoba.

No. Flowers produce nectar so the bees come, pick up pollen, and allow flowers to reproduce. Yeast makes ethanol, so brewers and bakers culture it so that they can make brews and bread, and in the process help the yeast to reproduce. The ethanol and the nectar are the enticements; honey and drinks are the product. Most people don't drink raw ethanol.

—Alorael, who can't vouch for Lilith. Going by what she has said here, it's very possible that she turns nectar into nectar. She may well be capable of the world's most unexciting alchemy.