Cutest Baby Animal

Actaeon

If we can have a "favorite pony" poll, surely it is not out of the question to inquire into other forms of cute. I expect photographic evidence if you intend to convince your associates. I have been fairly complete in my listings, and apologize if I missed something glaring. I'm going to confine this mostly to chordates, particularly mammals. If you have an objection, go cuddle a flatworm.

Ooo... I forgot owls. I mean, I guess they count under birds (other), but they probably deserved their own category.

Also,

and
put in a stronger showing than most people grant then.

It's hard to argue with the kitten camp, though.

Originally Posted By: off/on
I voted horses. Especially those two poor creatures which died at the Grand National Today. Though, I guess, what does animal cruelty and mistreatment matter when we're all lining our pockets with it?

I was not aware we still did this. I mean, I know the West was built on such practices, but we allow it in SPORT..? Hmph.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
If you have an objection, go cuddle a flatworm.

Bah, the cutest baby invertebrate is clearly the wooly bear, with the octopus coming in a distant second.

woolly%2Bbear.jpg

(The octopus photo is cuter, but you can't cuddle an octopus. You can totally cuddle a wooly bear.)

Dikiyoba can't decide what the cutest baby vertebrate is. There are too many options, and all of them are adorable (except for Rowen's, of course).

If you haven't seen "Babe", Slith, you may want to go do that.

I take it, Dikiyoba, that you went a different route since "Arthropod (Other)" is not checked. I, myself, am an outlier, but only because I feel that big cat cubs represent more to cuddle than their domestic counterparts.

The last option had Dantius and his ilk in mind, yes. Although, to be fair, there have been many more humbuggy figures on Spiderweb since I joined.

I went with undecided because of the nagging idea in my subconscious that all living creatures are survivalistic in nature and therefore Evil (as current society defines it).

P.S. I'm in a bad mood as I am supposed to be asleep but a certain family member had to watch a movie (with many explosions) loudly and scared my sleepiness away, now I need to figure if payback is due or should I just bare with it for two more weeks before s/he leaves.

Originally Posted By: Galanos
I went with undecided because of the nagging idea in my subconscious that all living creatures are survivalistic in nature and therefore Evil (as current society defines it).
P.S. I'm in a bad mood as I am supposed to be asleep but a certain family member had to watch a movie (with many explosions) loudly and scared my sleepiness away, now I need to figure if payback is due or should I just bare with it for two more weeks before s/he leaves.

You could have tried telling them to turn down the television. Also, Pugs:

Pug2.jpg

2008091699067_100_2824.jpg_w450.jpg

pug1.jpg

445371.jpg

pug_20101211359426577804.jpg

Click to reveal..
Dancing-pug-caught.gif

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith

You could have tried telling them to turn down the television. Also, Pugs:

I tried that and all I got is a response of we can't hear them talking.
Also finally got some sleep albeit only 5 hours, I know some of you guys can feel fresh with only 4 but if I don't get my 8 depression sets in hard.

The search engine said it was a mouse but I'm pretty sure its not. Rings around its eyes, strip down its back... Chipmunk maybe? Don't know what it is but I know its cute. It would fall in the rodent category at least... pretty sure anyway.

In other news: I have run into a resource limit... If this is a volume restriction, SW wouldn't be able to handle one of my normal RP posts.

Originally Posted By: Illegal Furniture
Can you really say you're surprised that the thread has degenerated into this?

No, but I need deniability when the mods swoop in.

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
What do you mean this is only for the cutest baby animals? Baby plants are cute, too...

You have to draw the line somewhere. And as much as I'd love to do a favorite flower/tree poll, I'm not sure the UBB can support enough entries. That said... Lilacs and Eucalyptus for the win.

Originally Posted By: Jewels in Black
Rings around its eyes, strip down its back... Chipmunk maybe?

I moved a baby chipmunk out of the road once. If I'd been thinking, I probably would have voted for it for cutest thing ever. I wonder if I can hunt up the picture...

Originally Posted By: Aʀᴀɴ
Cute animals can't be trusted. tongue
(Especially tapirs. [/hanners])

I guess I sympathize more with Hannelore than Anya there.