All hail Lilith!

Dantius

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Some of the top posters have gotten lazy with their output.

And by lazy, you mean gone. Or, in TM's case, banned. It looks like we have a lot of moderators, but really a lot have vanished (or practically so) in the past couple of years, including Arancaytar.

It was kind of odd that Stareye didn't make a welcome thread. Oh well. Welcome back, Lilith.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Does it mean I'm an oldbie if I can remember when Thuryl was a mod and locked threads with a Sun Myung Moon/Sailor Moon photoshop picture?
I remember it. I am not an oldbie. Ergo, you are not an oldbie.

Well, not an oldbie for that reason. By my definition, anyone who registered before I did is an oldbie.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
It looks like we have a lot of moderators, but really a lot have vanished (or practically so) in the past couple of years, including Arancaytar.

Wow. I didn't realize how much this was the case. I count 6 or 7 relatively active mods, including Lilith. Once upon a time, we had like 10-15 at any given time.

On the plus side, we don't notice that because there isn't a huge need for mods, which is great. Spiderweb is growing up!

Actually, I think that's about right. The boards had the terrible twos for sure, and then that awkward adolescence where there was lots of fighting with mom and dad. Then things settled down and got more consistent, more peaceful, and more boring, as happens when you grow up.

There also used to be more of a need for mods because each mod was restricted to a section or a few sections. Now just a handful of people can take care of all the problems as long as they don't mind unpaid babysitting overtime.

—Alorael, who would like to deliver the official announcement: Sun Myung Moon is, for now, dead. Long live a green dragon thing!

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Originally Posted By: Rowen
Lilith as a mod, again? She is going to punish us all.

i hate to disappoint you guys but like 95% of my duties are going to involve banning spambots that happen to post during the freakish antipodean hours I keep

I have not been this disappointed in a leader since Lyndon Johnson.

Originally Posted By: Sarachim

i hate to disappoint you guys but like 95% of my duties are going to involve banning spambots that happen to post during the freakish antipodean hours I keep

But being disappointed in leaders we force to make unreasonable promises that can't possibly be kept is America's national pastime!

Hey, hey, LBJ! How many bots you gonna ban today?

lyndon johnson singlehandedly browbeat Congress into passing Medicare so if that's your standard for disappointment in leadership i think i'm doing okay

Well, there's definitely a correlation. However, it is definitely not a direct correlation: I think Student of Trinity is the only current mod who had a truly large number of posts at the time of first modding. (And IIRC, he was actually asked years previously; he just said no at the time.)

lyndon johnson singlehandedly browbeat Congress into passing Medicare so if that's your standard for disappointment in leadership i think i'm doing okay

I'm not sure whether this is just me, but naming a set of social reforms the "Great Society" sounds scarily like something out of communist China or Cambodia. I trust you'll at least come up with names for your mod-y initiatives (we have those, right?) more original than that.

Disappointment is falling below expectations. I [would have] expected Johnson to do that [if I had been born yet], since the welfare state and browbeating people were both his kind of thing. Vietnam, not so much.

Originally Posted By: The Ratt
What happened to Toby-Linn? She never posted in excess but was boosted to mod. But really, where'd she go?

Dunno. She seems to have lost interest and wandered off. It happens. (It's one of the reasons mods typically have a high post count. If you've posted a lot, it's because you've been around for a while. And if you've been around for a while, you are less likely to suddenly leave.)

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
...If you've posted a lot, it's because you've been around for a while. And if you've been around for a while, you are less likely to suddenly leave.

So by posting here, I both increase my post count and increase the likelihood of becoming a mod? Two birds with one can of spam!

Originally Posted By: VCH
Oh I see, Lilith has been modded. I thought this thread was about post count. Maybe you can fix my missing custom title. I lost it when I was banned, then *i was nice enough to give it back, but it's disappeared again, mhh.
One of the things we did after the custom titles started working again (three cheers for Dikiyoba on that one) was remove the handful of self-inflicted custom titles that remained from the switchover to UBB.threads. A number were removed, not just yours.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
For a second there I thought that was a picture of Dr. Robotnik. Then I counted the arms, and freaked out. Who is that?

Kamaji, the grumpy boiler room operator from Spirited Away. He keeps the heat coming via coal.

Considering that Spiderweb uses bodies instead of coal to generate heat, it is appropriate.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
One of the things we did after the custom titles started working again (three cheers for Dikiyoba on that one) was remove the handful of self-inflicted custom titles that remained from the switchover to UBB.threads. A number were removed, not just yours.

Of course, my own rather lame custom title vanished pretty quick, but I'm curious. Is it that all of the unofficial custom titles were removed?

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES

i kept mine, presumably because nobody could improve on it

Originally Posted By: Skomer
Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
I was once a mod, and my post count is reasonably meager.

But you've posted in more than one account, haven't you. At least three, if I'm not mistaken.

These other accounts have fewer posts than you might think. Also, half the posts on this account were Marlenny's not mine. My third account has only 170 posts. Also, it seems this account has lost its custom title. frown

Edit: One of the mods must have fixed this for me, because it shows up now.