It's late and I'm tired

Sir Motrax of Exile

Originally Posted By: Soju Faction
—Alorael, who now has nostalgia for [...] Things were better in the old days!

This sensation is normal, and will pass in time. I recommend bed rest for the next few days. If it doesn't pass by then, I'd recommend either a leeching by your local barber surgeon or powering up an old Windows 95 machine and trying to browse the Internet with Netscape Navigator.

Not sure I recall that one. I mostly hung out around the BoA forums in the time leading to its release. Quite excited for new scenario design options, was I. Hence the discussion of the skull.

In my defense, I hadn't played Planescape: Torment yet, and when I did I finally acquired an appropriate appreciation for floating skulls.

Proceeded to fade away from the forums and gaming more generally around the time that college started more seriously looming on the horizon, which ironically was around the time of BoA's release. Played A4, but really got back into Spiderweb games with A5, and have subsequently gone back to play everything aside from BoA and G1.

(Please take copious notes; material from this biographical aside will be on the exam.)

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Wait, is there some SMoE-Infernal connection I am unaware of?

They're both socks of a banned user. You should ban them ASAP before they instigate an evil plan to destroy the forums and strip you of the ability to post pictures in your signature, swear, or have animated GIF's as your avatar.

Originally Posted By: Dantius

They're both socks of a banned user. You should ban them ASAP before they instigate an evil plan to destroy the forums and strip you of the ability to post pictures in your signature, swear, or have animated GIF's as your avatar.

It's all part of Ed's latest plot to orchestrate the downfall of Spiderweb Software.

Also, hi. Long time no see... Didn't realize how long it had been, though.

Originally Posted By: Goldenking

It's all part of Ed's latest plot to orchestrate the downfall of Spiderweb Software.
Are you sure its the latest plot, or a old plot that never ended, and was only meant to make you think that it had ended?

Originally Posted By: Goldenking

Also, hi. Long time no see... Didn't realize how long it had been, though.

cucumber.jpg

It's very nice to see all these people who I remember, vaguely remember, and do not know at all. Those member numbers have become so very large. And my member number changed! I'm 545 now... I used to be 547. And my old moniker is gone. >:( (Senile Reptile, for the deeply curious masses)

To clear up all this confusion of sock puppetry, I am in fact a sock puppet. The greatest of all sock puppets, in fact...

I am Sockrates!!!

- SMoE, who did indeed come up with that all by himself

Originally Posted By: Sir Motrax of Exile
I wonder what all of you people are doing now... I was in high school when I started this business. Now I'm toiling away in grad school.

To the newbies - welcome! Don't spend too little time here. Sunlight is overrated. tongue

I think of you as having been around forever, but now I notice that you joined only a year before I did. Nine years doesn't seem that much less than eight, nowadays.

Well, better late than never, as the saying goes.

Originally Posted By: Tirien
What's with all of the oldbies these days?
Your guess is as good as mine; any chance for meaningless approbation is still better than none.

Maybe if Dikiyoba ever gets the urge to write another Spiderweb episode, it could be called "Return of the Oldbies."