What's your favorite creation?

Any game, anything you can or can't make but is confirmed to have shown up.

Mine is the fyora, because they're made to have the same appeal as dogs do in real life, and actually hold that appeal to me. Not to mention they're the first one you make.

I always try to keep my first one alive as long as possible - they can get pretty deadly if you keep em from the beginning of the game smile

Originally Posted By: The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth
Toby, the fyora, who has always been the first creation I make, and the one I keep til the end. Except in GF5, when it gets absorbed at the end of the first zone. >:(

Luckily for you, you don't actually have to make a Fyora in the first zone in G5. Create him after Rawal leaves and he'll be safe. smile

Originally Posted By: The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth
Toby, the fyora, who has always been the first creation I make, and the one I keep til the end. Except in GF5, when it gets absorbed at the end of the first zone. >:(

I hated that frown So what if he was badly Shaped? I coulda fixed him! smile

Quote:
I hated that So what if he was badly Shaped? I coulda fixed him!

He was an abomination - a crackbrained, mongoloid, mutant lizard freakshow who deserved no less than a fiery end. Just look look what your hands have wrought, a creature so horrible it would drive men to set fire to their world and all they once held dear. Now, all falls silent save the lonely echoes of your weeping despair, for you are alone. When only shadows and ashes remain, you will know the extent of your crimes.

I don't think you can 'fixed' a botched creation.

Control tools require handlers. It's much more efficient to start over with better built-in loyalty.

—Alorael, who also imagines that control tools have to be expensive. Oh, and property disputes become even less pleasant when you can just slaughter your neighbor's serfs with a snap of your fingers.

I think control tools, living tools, thorn batons, and doors can't really go rogue. They can get ornery, but that's about it.

Next time you have trouble unlocking your, door stop and think for a moment.

—Alorael, who can alternately imagine control tools going rogue being very boring. They're probably parasites dependent on their hosts. If they want to be independent, they probably also want to survive. Anyway, they're certainly not listening to the controller. End result: the control tool refuses to do anything and ceases to be of any importance.

Rogue doors....beware. I think rogue doors and batons would be really dangerous.A boton is a reptillian creature in a shell, so they spit random thorns at you until they run out of amo. A rogue door would result in a very painful ans unexpected death.

A shaper walks up to the door, it opens as it senses his motion and as he walks through WACK....it closes...poor guy, never saw it coming.

We come here today to watch an informational video that may save your life. The Shaper Council presents to you

WHEN ORNKS GO ROGUE.

This is a very dangerous phenomena when these ussually docile creatures decide to brutally murder you...watch out because you could be next.

That reminds me...once i killed about 5 sholai with my group of ornks on sucia...no scripting.

Originally Posted By: Shaper Spddin
Rogue doors....beware. I think rogue doors and batons would be really dangerous.A boton is a reptillian creature in a shell, so they spit random thorns at you until they run out of amo. A rogue door would result in a very painful ans unexpected death.

A shaper walks up to the door, it opens as it senses his motion and as he walks through WACK....it closes...poor guy, never saw it coming.

I've actually had one of those doors make one of my creations disappear. It was one of those lock-in ones, and my party formation caused my Clawbug to be on top of the door when it slid shut, causing it to disappear.

Or ketchup. Lots and lots of ketchup.

My favorite creation is also the Vlish. I loved back in G1 & 2 when you could run around, slowing and stunning things to a standstill and blast groups of enemies to bits. I don't know why I can't do this anymore in later games; is it just me, or did Vlishes get nerfed since G2? Or was it just that things got more magic resistance?

G3 was actually the height of vlishdom. Vlish actually have all the same stats in G1-G3. The thing is that almost all attack types had their damage drastically reduced between G1 and G3 (melee, from 1-8 to 1-4; firebolt/fyora breath, from 1-6 to 1-3; you get the idea), so the vlish ray that was originally one of the weakest attacks at 1-5 became a strong one simply by being overlooked.

The biggest nerf in G4 was really that their essence cost was nearly tripled. While slow was nice, it was most useful in the early games in combination with the stun effect that *any* high-damage attack could cause; thus in G3 vlish were unmatched in their ability to totally incapacitate an opponent in just one or two hits. Stun changed in G4, and of course slow was majorly nerfed in G5, so I don't think the change from slow was a significant loss at all.

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: Artemis Eating Soy Cheese
in G3 there were WHOLE AREAS full of vlish: like the vlish woods [hence, the name.] i cant remember all the different types of vlish, except for regular and submission.

There are two others-Terror and Pacification,and in G4(maybe others),Charged =)
Personally,I think Fyoras grew cuter in G4-5.I always use one named Torchlight(See Southforge Citadel-Beast Care Chambers) in the first section,along with Greenfang.Then I use all tier Twwo creations(Clawbug,Roamer,and Vilsh),along with a Cyora named Coldfang.Then Tier three creations plus the three point verions of tier two creations,etc.,etc.,etc.By the end when using a warrior,I had (censored) Ur-Drakons!Named him Sssharxxx.

• 8 months later...

i like my version of the Ur-Drakon because in Geneforge 4 they are AWESOME. being able give acidic bites and and large spray of magical fire balls. may as well be the combanation of the Gazer and Rotghroth. of course this requires script editing if you want to make them. actually posting makes me want to post the instructions for it. grin

I @%^@#ing hate podlings...far and away the most annoying creation to fight, on any difficulty level.

My favorite would have to be Wingbolts, both for their power and their look. And they're the only flying creation you ever see. And the load screen picture of a Shaper making a Wingbolt in G5 is badass.

The Cryora is second. Cute, but stronger than a measly fyora.

Originally Posted By: RC2112
Originally Posted By: Artemis Eating Soy Cheese
in G3 there were WHOLE AREAS full of vlish: like the vlish woods [hence, the name.] i cant remember all the different types of vlish, except for regular and submission.

There are two others-Terror and Pacification,and in G4(maybe others),Charged =)
Personally,I think Fyoras grew cuter in G4-5.I always use one named Torchlight(See Southforge Citadel-Beast Care Chambers) in the first section,along with Greenfang.Then I use all tier Twwo creations(Clawbug,Roamer,and Vilsh),along with a Cyora named Coldfang.Then Tier three creations plus the three point verions of tier two creations,etc.,etc.,etc.By the end when using a warrior,I had (censored) Ur-Drakons!Named him Sssharxxx.

I agree with the "Fyoras grew cuter in G4-5" part, but I think they looked more badass in g1.

Originally Posted By: Master1
Actually, Wingbolts really float and have wings. They float much in the same way as Vlish. In fact, I don't think any creation flies without magical aid. The only creation that I think may be able to fly just as is would be the drayk.

Actually actually, G5 mentions that wingbolts can fly somewhere and the wingbolt creation survey in G4 describes their movement as "standard flight".

Dikiyoba thinks drayks were described as being unable to fly somewhere. Probably the drayk creation survey in G3?

My understanding was that Wingbolts used gas bladders to reduce their weight and therefore require smller wings to fly and thus while being out of proportion they are still able to fly. Also maybe some of the gas in the gas bladders is ejected backwords as some form of biological jet engine (but not very effective, although gives me ideas for my book)

My favorite creation would be the wingbolt as it's cool raceing stripe colours and ability to fly makes it a pretty leathal weapon.

Sharx

You people are all insane. The rotgroth could tear your little whiny lizards to pieces. Quickly. Never mind that the only other good creation in the Battle group was the clawbug, which two could tear apart a drayk in about 3 rounds, but come on now. Rotgroth.

Though exploding serviles were pretty entertaining.