What's Wrong with the Forums?

Callie

Originally Posted By: Nikki
Hey, so something is screwy with PDN changes. Whenever I add a space to my PDN, I get this message:

Quote:

You can only have alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) in your display name. Special characters are not allowed because this allows users to spoof other display names. You may use the _ character to represent a space.

It should be fixed now.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: The Ratt
I've noticed that the mod flags that used to appear directly next to a mod's name now appear below it. Save some space by moving them back?
Honestly, we could probably do without the flags at all. The blue and green text shows who are moderators well enough.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
I've noticed that the mod flags that used to appear directly next to a mod's name now appear below it. Save some space by moving them back?
Honestly, we could probably do without the flags at all. The blue and green text shows who are moderators well enough.
Except that moderators and normal users have the same coloured names to people using different stylesheets.

While we're at it, emoticons have never worked for people using different stylesheets. Could we have that fixed as well?

EDIT: Quote for context.

EDIT: Here are a bunch of emoticons to test: smilefrownlaughtongue

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
Except that moderators and normal users have the same coloured names to people using different stylesheets.

While we're at it, emoticons have never worked for people using different stylesheets. Could we have that fixed as well?
QFT

PDN colors and emoticons look fine to me on the coffee theme.

For those of you on the dark theme, I made a copy of it in which I think I fixed the PDN colors and emoticons. I may not have picked the best color for the PDNs (but I can fix that if you tell me how the colors need to be adjusted to be easier on the eyes) and some of the emoticons are going to have some noise around the edges, but it's better than it was. So switch over and make sure I haven't broken anything.

Dikiyoba's fingerprints are now all over the briefly shiny updated Control Panel. Whee!

Thanks for the changes. Emoticons seem to work; it's only the uncommon ones with the noise, so I wouldn't worry about that. There's just been a few times where I've missed an emoticon in a block of text, and it really changed the meaning of the post.

The 'blue' mods are currently coloured 5544EE. I'd prefer a brighter cyan that's more blue-y than the normal users, maybe 00A0FF. If you want more blue and less cyan, up the red and lower the green (maybe 2080FF). Bear in mind I have the design sense of Helen Keller.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
PDN colors and emoticons look fine to me on the coffee theme.

For those of you on the dark theme, I made a copy of it in which I think I fixed the PDN colors and emoticons. I may not have picked the best color for the PDNs (but I can fix that if you tell me how the colors need to be adjusted to be easier on the eyes) and some of the emoticons are going to have some noise around the edges, but it's better than it was. So switch over and make sure I haven't broken anything.

Dikiyoba's fingerprints are now all over the briefly shiny updated Control Panel. Whee!
I'm having a hard time reading the moderator names with the blue you chose. Maybe something brighter?

Thanks for the changes. Emoticons seem to work; it's only the uncommon ones with the noise, so I wouldn't worry about that.
The emoticons with noise are actually the emoticons that came with UBB Threads, ironically enough. After the upgrade, I copied over smile , frown , tongue , and rolleyes from the old UBB.

Originally Posted By: MM*
Lest you forget, I am but a simple-minded naive compared to the massive intellect of the collective of this board.
The word you are looking for is knave. I don't believe for one minute that you are naive. tongue

Argh... I am prone to mistakes like that when posting while intoxicated.

The 'blue' mods are currently coloured 5544EE. I'd prefer a brighter cyan that's more blue-y than the normal users, maybe 00A0FF. If you want more blue and less cyan, up the red and lower the green (maybe 2080FF). Bear in mind I have the design sense of Helen Keller.

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
That flashing yellow-thingy shows up all the time now. It's apparently been set to "Topics with over 25 replies or 150 views." Y'all might want to change that.

Done and done.

Dikiyoba.

This blue IS so much nicer. I have to post just to see my PDN.

Ah-ahhh.

I'm partially colorblind, but in a nose-pressed-against-the-window kind of way, I understand that especially noteworthy shades of colors can get special names. Cobalt blue; Prussian blue; royal blue.

This one needs a name, better than 00A0FF.