I HATE YOU IPHONE

Trenton.

My mother recently bought a new touchscreen fancyshmancy phone and gave me her crappy old one. Thanks mom. And then she has the nerve to ask me to sync her music from iTunes to it. Well, I hooked up the USB and tried to sync, only to find out that sync wasn't highlighted. Knowing almost nothing about technology and stuffz, I googled. And only found how to sync it from Windows Media Player. So, without any info, I plunged straight in and started screwing around with files and stuff for about an hour or two, hoping to trigger something. No such luck.

I'm trying to find a name here. All I can find is Net10, which I am unsure is the name of the actual phone, or a type of phone.

I have no Idea what I'm trying to do, unlike you tech savvy people.

HELP?

My mother recently bought a new touchscreen fancyshmancy phone and gave me her crappy old one. Thanks mom. And then she has the nerve to ...

While this won't solve your technical problem, if you find your new "crappy" phone inadequate for your standards, might I suggest donating it to someone who will actually appreciate it.

http://www.ncadv.org/takeaction/DonateaPhone.php

http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/

I'm mystified by the thread title. Is this genericization of the term iPhone? Do you hate iPhones for being more user-friendly than what you have to deal with? I don't follow.

—Alorael, whose usual solution to this is Google. Since Google was apparently unhelpful, he'll go to his fallback: drivers. Did the phone come with any CDs or links to software that needed to be downloaded before it could talk to the computer properly? That seems like a likely culprit for inability to sync. It's still possible that it won't be able to work with iTunes, though, so your mom may be forced to switch to Windows Media Player or another piece of music software to set things up.

If you google 'net10 phone zte' you can discover that this phone's operating system is Android 2.3. So then googling 'sync itunes android 2.3' seems to reveal that there is no official way to sync from within iTunes (since Apple hates Android), but there are third-party apps available that claim to be able to do it.

Once you know you're dealing with an Android 2 phone, there are probably a lot of people who can help you.

Indeed, in light of SoT's investigations, it would appear that iPhones have nothing to do with Trenton's...issues.

I really want to use my modly powers to change the title to "I HATE YOU UNIDENTIFIED SMARTPHONE" but that would be uncouth, so I shan't. I will rise above the temptation...and post snarky comments instead.

how is it that i am the least sassy person in this thread, did i step through a portal into bizarro world

It's pretty small-minded of you to talk about it that way. As far as i'm concerned you stepped through a portal from bizarro world.

—Alorael, who will have you know that this world is much like yours, but left-right reversed. Oh, and purple is a slightly different color here.

"Bizarro world" is a total misnomer, of course. The term suggests that there is exactly one bizarre world. In fact, there are many. So many, that the set of non-bizarro worlds is of zero measure. Every time you step through a portal, it's essentially inevitable that you will enter a world more bizarro than the one you left. This is a well-known corollary of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

You can never step through the same portal twice. The world is never going to get less weird.