Mods are asleep; General is now Instagram!

nikki.

...or, Photo Thread Reborn, Take 2, since the other one is several months old.

First of all, though, everybody should look at this bicycle. It's a wonderful use of a filter. I'm thinking of framing it and hanging it on my bedroom ceiling so that I can wake up staring at it.

575153_4311418301992_1626385262_n.jpg

Also for your visual edification, the best teapot in the world!

IMG_1191.JPG

And finally, a (typically) rainy Tower Bridge.

66.jpg

I had a friend that kept his bicycle in his bedroom next to his sleeping bag. He wired the bike to an induction switch to turn on a lamp so he could turn it on/off by touching the the bike or if it fell on him during his sleep he would be able to see when it woke him up. :)

Goes back to bed.

Mods are asleep; General is now Instagram!

First of all, I'd like to express how impressed I am that so many mods are capable of such lucid sleep-posting (and, apparently, topic creation).

It explains a great deal about the top 10 posters list.

Second, I've taken your Instagram reference and decided to post only photos from my phone, although the best are a couple months old.

http://i71.photobuck...zpsfbd37603.jpg

http://i71.photobuck...zps6982ac41.jpg

I once had a guest lecturer in grad school look at the class standing in a lab room say, "Good no chairs, at least they can't fall asleep on me."

The professor replied, "You don't know this group."

I can sleep standing up. I a chair I keep leaning and correcting as I move away from up right. One student behind me was watching to see how long it would take to drop my pen.

*wakes up* Oh great sleep typing again *snore*

All my sympathies go out to you. I had to put our Labrador Terrier down just last month. The quiet in the house was deafening. The next day I adopted a stray shitzu maltese that a co-worker had found. At first, my wife didn't like the idea. We had not sufficiently mourned the passing of Missy. But getting a new dog so soon does not mean we will mourn her any less; it just means we don't have to mourn her alone.

• 3 weeks later...

more phood fotos! i went to a jamaican restaurant to reward myself for surviving a stressful doctor's appointment (which ended up going fine, i was just nervous)

fRPWbUV.jpg

fried plantain. good texture, a bit like potato but slightly chewier. the vegetable stew had plenty of flavour and helped keep it moist

Af42CNa.jpg

jerk chicken. a classic jamaican dish of spiced barbecued chicken, served giblets and all and with a side of beans and rice. the capsicum strips in the colours of the Ethiopian flag were a cute touch

i know from experience that they've toned down the spiciness of the jerk chicken from what's traditional in jamaica, so i ordered a side of their homemade hot sauce to add a bit of a kick, which it certainly did

even more food!!

JlgHNcn.jpg

i cooked a couple of squab with sausage stuffing for my dad's birthday. the birds came out fine, with tender juicy flesh, although the skin wasn't as crisp as i'd been hoping for. (the two of them look different because they're different breeds of pigeon, they're both cooked about the same.) the stuffing went even better and was very simple to make: i pretty much just threw in some spiced cevaps from the local butcher, a few slices of wholegrain bread, a diced onion and a big handful of parsley, ground them all up together with some salt, pepper and cooking oil, precooked the mixture in a pan with a little butter and then threw it in the baking tray with the birds for half an hour