Hallo! I'm new here! (yet not really)

Major General

In the long days of yore when I was a lad, I played the shareware games Jeff released repeatedly. By repeatedly I mean a lot. I never got around to buying the games.

But today looking at another game released on steam (Avadon) I was suddenly reminded of how much fun I had in Exile, and look forward to buying all the wonderful spiderweb games of my youth that I only ever got as far as the shareware demon in.

Thank you Jeff for all the wonderful memories of caves spells and crazy sorcerers.

So who were you, Major General?

At several points I was the only mod without a custom title. It became a running joke that Drakey, then the admin, wouldn't give me one solely because I was the token mod and high postcount member without one. When I hit 10k posts I switched to changing my name daily in protest.

—Alorael, who changed his name exactly once before that. He was "Skribbane Addict" for just a few hours before the outcry made him switch back.

Originally Posted By: Only the LN die at median age
So who were you, Major General?

At several points I was the only mod without a custom title. It became a running joke that Drakey, then the admin, wouldn't give me one solely because I was the token mod and high postcount member without one. When I hit 10k posts I switched to changing my name daily in protest.

—Alorael, who changed his name exactly once before that. He was "Skribbane Addict" for just a few hours before the outcry made him switch back.

My member ID was in the 1800-1850 range if memory serves. Name was possibly Thanatos or other greek deity involved with that domain of work.

I think I caused some minor chaos when I was here. I apologize for that in advance.

Originally Posted By: Major General
My member ID was in the 1800-1850 range if memory serves. Name was possibly Thanatos or other greek deity involved with that domain of work.

I think I caused some minor chaos when I was here. I apologize for that in advance.
I'm guessing this is you, since the email is cmdr.thanatos@gmail.com. If you want to use this account and can't remember the login name or password, I, or one of the other mods, can help you with that.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Originally Posted By: Major General

I'm guessing this is you, since the email is cmdr.thanatos@gmail.com. If you want to use this account and can't remember the login name or password, I, or one of the other mods, can help you with that.

Oh man, that is me! I'll try and figure out my name/id in the morning.

Originally Posted By: Only the LN die at median age
If you still have the email address, you can have the login name and password emailed to you.

—Alorael, who doesn't think there's much you can do if you can't remember the email. It's good to keep even those throwaway spamcatchers from being thrown away.
If we have a reasonable belief that someone is not trying to access another person's account, we as mods can change the email address. In this case, I find it highly unlikely that he is trying to do something malicious.