Looking forward for this summer to end...

Android

...so that I can get back to the library to study.

This(Spidweb) is the one place I know where I'm sure I can find people that share this feeling.

Anyway, I love a good library, not that I have seen many quality ones in my life. My University library has a small window adjacent to every desk, and a moat thingy surrounding it, so in winter one can sit and watch the snow dance around in the wind on the waters surface. Other than that it's not really great, I'm sure even the Chernobyl library has a better selection of books.

Please share your ideal studying location, if applicable.

In college I used to study in my dorm's basement on a couch in front of the television. Unless there was a popular show on I could stretch out and not be disturbed.

In my room, there were always students stopping by to get help. Besides the vending machines were only a few feet away when I needed a snack.

A lot of people distinguish between "study" and "homework." For me, they are one and the same. I always do my homework (yeah, I'm one of those kids - deal with it), and I never find myself needing to study more. Peers of mine with similar potential levels often do far less homework, don't study, and do fine, so I guess I could do the same - I just prefer to be safe.

Anyway, I do most of my homework on my desk with my computer next to me (it's a long two-piece desk with lots of space). With some types of work, such as math problems, I like to do them while watching tv earlier in the day. Most of my reading- or writing- based homework gets done late at night. Then again, my standards for late at night are 8 or 8:30 pm until 11 or 12.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Originally Posted By: Dantius
One of the great things about owning your own house is that whenever you want it to be quiet, you can make it so.

unless your unprintable neighbours have an unprintable dog

They had three when I moved in, all are now dead. To be frank, I don't notice much difference, they tended it stay inside most of the time. The real problem is the fact that the other neighbors have kids, who never ever shut up when I'm trying to work outside in peace.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Originally Posted By: Dantius
One of the great things about owning your own house is that whenever you want it to be quiet, you can make it so.

unless your unprintable neighbours have an unprintable dog

This made me think of Angband with unprintable character characters

I'm in the middle of my sixth decade, and I still have to study. Every month or so, some new technology raises its painted snoot to tempt users into trying to find an application to apply to it. And who gets the dirty job of actually installing the silly thing. Your friendly neighborhood DBA. That is when I discover that under all that snoot paint is one ugly beast.

The boss comes in to tell me what a neat application this 'mere user' has done with a couple months work. I should be able to install it in a week. Come to find out that those two months work were spread over six months, much of which was spent just getting to learn how to use the product. I got it installed in a week... a 80 hour week!!!

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
Honestly, I don't study. I'm a terrible student. frown

I guess I do my best studying just outside the classroom a few minutes before class.

I have to second that. I have a weird way about doing things in advance. I can only study something 2 days in advance to when i get tested, otherwise I wont remember it if i study any earlier.

As for the summer, not the biggest fan. I can deal with the cold much better than the heat. I do get to run on the boardwalk though, which is fun.

Originally Posted By: Death Knight
Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
Honestly, I don't study. I'm a terrible student. frown

I guess I do my best studying just outside the classroom a few minutes before class.

I have to second that. I have a weird way about doing things in advance. I can only study something 2 days in advance to when i get tested, otherwise I wont remember it if i study any earlier.

I simply can't sit down and absorb information from a book, unless I'm incredibly interested in the topic. I either get antsy and wander off to do something else, or I'll fall asleep.

Originally Posted By: Sylae
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
It gets worse when they are older and get to use power tools.
Just wait until they get old enough to throw parties every time mom and dad are gone.

I had that a few times. Once the parents rented an apartment so their kids could have parties without disturbing them. Twenty hours a day of the stereo blasting until the police finally came over excessive noise complaints. It turned out the kids were also repainting stolen bicycles in the place and never came back.

The second were neighbors that cranked their stereo up so they could hear it outdoors without moving it. You know it's loud when a lawn care service crew asked for the stereo to be turned down because they couldn't hear their leaf blowers. smile

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
It gets worse when they are older and get to use power tools.
What do you mean, older? Thanks to my dad's woodworking hobby, I could safely operate a drill press at the ripe old age of six.

Originally Posted By: Sylae
Just wait until they get old enough to throw parties every time mom and dad are gone.
Fun, isn't it? grin