SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!

Trenton.

I prefer winter. Summer where I live is just terrible, far too hot and humid for my liking, and since I love to garden, that means that I spend 6-12 hours every weekend working in 90 degree weather, which is not too pleasant. So I don't really find summer a very pleasant time of year for me, there's just too much work to do.

And while I'm at it, spring is far too wet, as well- we just got pounded by rainstorms today, and my basement started to take on water, which is a disturbingly common occurrence in my house. Plus, I've never really seen the supposed "beauty" of autumn- dead brown leaves don't hold much aesthetic appeal for me. So that leaves winter, usually the time of year I get to slack off in my work a bit and relax, and you're not really expected to do anything outside except shovel snow. Besides, I quite like the look of everything covered in clean snow- it's a very refreshing feeling.

Chicago. It's usually above 80 in the summer, and it gets above 90 in August. Plus, it's usually quite humid due to the gigantic lake that's right next to us. Of course, being Chicago, there are some legendary winters- I got 18 inches of snow in one sitting this year, and it drifted to 26 inches on my driveway. Shoveling it was... unpleasant, especially considering the fact that my driveway measures about 20x80 feet.

Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha
Summer is to hot? Where the hell do you live? I live in florida, where you live if you get snow in the winter it must not be a very hot place 4realz

Living in a high plains desert, winters cab get to -14 Fahrenheit or below and summer hits and tops 104 for two or three weeks. Thankfully the only thing we don't have is humidity.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Or English, apparently.

You beat me to it.

I unofficially finished for summer on the eighth of April - I had essays due in right up until the eleven of May, but I didn't have to attend any more lectures or seminars.

Since I am receiving work back at the moment, I'm going into university maybe once every two weeks to collect my marked essays and then heading to the pub with people to celebrate, but I don't have to go back for teaching until around the eighteenth of September. That's roughly five and a half months. <3

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Chicago. It's usually above 80 in the summer, and it gets above 90 in August. Plus, it's usually quite humid due to the gigantic lake that's right next to us. Of course, being Chicago, there are some legendary winters- I got 18 inches of snow in one sitting this year, and it drifted to 26 inches on my driveway. Shoveling it was... unpleasant, especially considering the fact that my driveway measures about 20x80 feet.

You should move to southern Arizona for 110+ and humidity in July and August. They say you get a day off from Hell for every day you spend here. smile

18 inches of snow in Chicago is nothing. I went through 24 inches overnight when I lived there in January of 1967. The fun one was on April 1 in 1974 or 1975 when everyone thought that winter was finally over.

Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha
Why am I the only one that.... WHO THE HELL IS ALICE COOPER?

If you're gonna ask that question, do it properly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Next_Door_to_Alice

This is Alice Cooper. You've probably heard "School's Out", which is what Dintiradan is referencing (I assume).

(Although, you might not have done, what with the complete lack of culture kids show these days.)

My district goes until the 17th of June, although seniors finished this week (ish).

Maryland summers are far too hot and humid for me, being a native of Wisconsin. Air conditioning set to 68, please. My mom thinks 82 is the proper cooling temp. We just suffer until ambient breaks 90 (or higher).

Still in school till the second, sorry.

And with regards to summer, summer sucks. Not only because winter weather is superior in all fashions, but also because summer usually involves me sweating like a whore in church doing a billion chores outside. Seriously. The sun is actively trying to fry me to death and you want me to dig postholes all day.