NEED OF IMPROVEMENT IN GENEFORGE

irfan

I like geneforge very much but there is a need to improvement.

1:I want that there should be a shop in geneforge from where we can get as much constainers as we wants.

2:there should be a way to increase xp other then cheat codes and killing.constainers should be able to increase XP.

3.There should be lands which we should clam an control&we should be able to make our own government.

4.WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE SERVIALS.

I had a much, much different response in mind, but I didn't want to say anything too rude.

1. There are countless reasons, well explained in the game, about why there aren't any shops where you can buy as many constainers as you wants.

2. There is a way to increase xp other than cheat codes and killing. Ever heard of quests?

Quote:
There are countless reasons, well explained in the game
Geneforge is a role-playing game. Although I guess you could role-play as someone who runs a government, in this role-playing game you role-play as an adventurer. Also, I don't think the clams are going to be too happy about that.

4. Once again,

Quote:
There are countless reasons, well explained in the game
Dantius has a point, the pack mule creation idea has been around for a long time. But making, and training, a "Servial" would take up an amount of time and effort that could have been used by the character more realistically elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: irfan
1:I want that there should be a shop in geneforge from where we can get as much constainers as we wants.
Canisters are relatively hard to make, and have bad side effects when used too often. And the last thing you need is to fight your way through an entire town of canister junkies so you can get a fix.
Quote:
2:there should be a way to increase xp other then cheat codes and killing.constainers should be able to increase XP.
If Jeff wanted canisters to give xp, he would've made it so. Also, as was said earlier, you can do quests.
Quote:
3.There should be lands which we should clam an control&we should be able to make our own government.
Except for certain scripts that forbid you from going in certain areas, you pretty much are the government. In every game, you're the only one who really does anything, and your decisions determine everything in-game.
Quote:
Serviles would be a good easter egg creation, if it weren't for the Create Ornk canisters. Besides, in later games, you can play as a servile, so serviles shaping serviles isn't exactly a good idea.

In the meantime, welcome to Spiderweb Software. Leave your sanity at the door.

There are people who will sell you canisters, but they're not frequent because no one really has large stockpiles of canisters and certainly no one who has them needs gold more than, say, favors in the form of some targeted mayhem and slaughter. Also, only the rebels, who aren't exactly the wealthy faction, are likely to treat canisters like candies.

If you claim land, you are a rebel, but you aren't working for the rebels. That means that everyone now wants you dead. That's an ending you can get, and it isn't a pretty one. Oh, sure, you could get lands in fief, but then you have to rule them along the doctrinal lines of the faction you follow, and where's the fun in that?

—Alorael, who actually now wonders a bit about shaping new serviles. You can easily whip up a fyora on the spot, but a servile? They may be dumb, but they're sapient. That might take a bit more effort and investment than you put into your disposable army.

Quote:
—Alorael, who actually now wonders a bit about shaping new serviles. You can easily whip up a fyora on the spot, but a servile? They may be dumb, but they're sapient. That might take a bit more effort and investment than you put into your disposable army.

Yes, G1 makes it clear that serviles are hard to shape. Of course, it's hard to see why they'd be harder to shape than, say, gazers or drakons.

Dikiyoba.

Quote:

Serviles would be a good easter egg creation, if it weren't for the Create Ornk canisters. Besides, in later games, you can play as a servile, so serviles shaping serviles isn't exactly a good idea.

it would have been kind of cool to be able to shape weak serviles.

put equipment on them and send them in, then loot their equipment back when they die

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba

Yes, G1 makes it clear that serviles are hard to shape. Of course, it's hard to see why they'd be harder to shape than, say, gazers or drakons.

They're not, or at least they shouldn't be. But just imagine all the essence you have to put in to make a powerful drakon, and using that same amount to make a servile. Serviles are pretty useless when newly shaped, for them to be able to do anything useful, like carry on a conversation or fight, they have to be trained. Sure, it would make the game more realistic if you were able to do that, but it wouldn't add much to the gameplay, and it would cost Jeff a lot of effort that would be better spent elsewhere.

What Geneforge could really use as improvement is pack mules, and perhaps being able to leave our creations in specified places and come back for them. I think Jeff could pretty realistically end up doing this if he ever does a "remastered" GF series sometime in the future.

Originally Posted By: A Figment Of Your Imagination
What Geneforge could really use as improvement is pack mules
This is easily solved by setting up a cache for yourself in a convenient spot, and returning every so often to drop off, replenish, and/or trade out your supplies. Since there's no thieves in the game (except maybe your character), you don't have to worry about anyone walking off with your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: The Mystic
… serviles shaping serviles isn't exactly a good idea.

That would be IT! laugh
It would be the REAL Rebellion, wouldn't it!?
(Just playing G4 at the moment…)

Concerning caches… They are sensible, true. And they are the only solution, but they are also a nuisance.
On the other hand, the more space you have to carry stuff around, the more stuff you will carry around, except for in a game that is so demanding, that you are in constant shortage of everything. (I found A5 was like that, but I have to admit, it was my first game of the spiderweb-style).
How about magical pouches and containers? The bag-in-a-bag solution. Or a magical skirt like the one Eega Beeva has got? I'd like that the most.

Tcheedchee

SERVIALS:

SERVIAL SEEMS USELESS &WEAK CREATURES BUT ACTUALLY THEY ARE VERY USEFUL .THEY ALSO BECOME VERY STRONG IF ANOTHER IMPROVEMENT IS MADE THAT IS THAT WE SHOULDBE ABLETOTEACH/TRAIN OTHERS WHAT WE HAVE LEARN WITHOUT USING CONSTAINERS.TEACHING CAPABILITY ALSO HELP TO GENERATE COINS.

WHEN SERVILE ARE ABLE TO SHAPE THEN IT WILL HELP GREATELY IN BATTLE AND DIFFENCE.SERVILE ALSO GIVE US ADDITIONAL PLACE FOR ITEMS.

IT WILL GREATELY REDUCES THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF GENEFORGE SERIES.

CONSTAINERS:

IF THERE IS LIMITED AMOUNT OF SUPPLIES TAHAT MEAN THAT THE GAME GETS A LITTLE BIT REALISTIC.

IF THE CONSTAINERS ARE ABLE TO TEACH/TRAIN SHAPING & SKILLS THEN IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT CONSTAINERS CAN ALSO GIVE SKILL POINTS AND XP.

ONE OF THE FRIENDS MENTIONED THAT EXCESS USE OF CONSTAINER USE OF CONSTAINER WILL PRODUCE TRASH/JUNCK (i.e. RESIDUE OF CONSTAINER AFTER USE.THAT’S NOT A BIG PROBLEM BECAUSE IN GENEFORGE 5, MEHKAN GETS 2 CONSTAINERS FROM SOME WHERE & BRING THEM TO HER ROOM IN GHAZAKI USS.IF SERVILE ARE ABLETO DO SO THEN IT ISALSO POSSIBLE TO CLEAN THE TRASH OF CONSTAINERS.

CLAMING LAND:

THIS WILL BE THE PLACE WHERE WE CAN KEEP OUR CREATIONS WHILE GOING TO SOME WHERE ELSE.BUT IT REQUIRES ANOTHER IMPROVEMENT THATIS THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO LEAVE OUR CREATIONS WHILE GOING TO OTHER ZONE.

OWING LAND SEEMS REBELIOUS ACT BUT IT IS NOT ACTUALLY SO &IF IT IS SO THEN IT DOSEN’T MATTERS BECAUSE IN GENEFORGE 5 WHEN I TRIED TO GET INTO THE GHAZAKI USS’S LAB THEN THE GAME ENDS THAT MEANS THAT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO GO AGAINST REBILLIONS CONVERSLY THAT MEAN TAHTWE ARE PLAYING MUCH AS REBELS.

GETTING XP:

ONE OF THE FRIENDS MENTIONED COMPLETING QUESTS WILL GIVE ME XP.UNFORTUNATELY AFTTER LEVEL 45 WE CAN’T GET XP BY COMPLETING QUESTS OR BY CHEAT CODES & IF WE GET XP THAT IS NOT ENOUGH TO INCREASE LEVEL.THEREFOR I AM LOOKING FOR OTHER SOURCE FOR GETTING XP,SKILLPOINTS (OTHER THAN KILLING,QUEST&CHEATCODES).

I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER SOURCE TO INCREASE XP, LEVEL, HEALTH, SKILL POINTS BY USING CHEAT ENGINE 5.5 BUT IT TAKES TO MUCH EFFORTS & TIME.

Originally Posted By: irfan
I like geneforge very much but there is a need to improvement.

That is easily solved by changing a random creation's graphic image with the servile's graphics. ;d

As for pack mules and things like that, you didn't state that so... smile

None of this stuff will happen in geneforge series, its over, and some of those ideas are really stupid, oh lets start making our own SERVIALS ( nice spelling ), everyone here knows what your saying but you spell the words wrong like 'CONSTAINERS'.

PS: We aren't blind, you don't need to all caps the entire post.

Ouch, eyes bleeding. Why do we need ore ways to get XP than Quests, Killing and cheats? We get enough as it is and any more would take us to the level cap where we could not go further any way.

Owning land is silly. The Shapers own their land and hoards of monsters kill them. The same goes for rebels. If you were to own your own land, good luck defending it against enitre factions.

Although I'm not convinced I fully understand the points you are trying to make, what you propose doesn't fit with the "essence" of the geneforge series of games.

I too am a non-native speaker of English and I'm sure I make my share of mistakes, however, I have access to a spell checker and I would highly recommend you use one as well. I think it would help make your points clearly.

That all caps post, it nearly killed me....

Seriously. Canisters at shops? To unrealistic. Either the rebels would rob you, the shapers would blow you up, the trokovites(forgot their spelling) would kill you, ect. ect. Also. That would defeat the purpose of canisters and make the game less enjoyable.

We also have to many ways to get exp as it is and canisters already give us upgrades in our skills, new spells and new creations. So I say no to having them also give exp.

Obvious troll is obvious. What do I win?

Quote:
I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER SOURCE TO INCREASE XP, LEVEL, HEALTH, SKILL POINTS BY USING CHEAT ENGINE 5.5 BUT IT TAKES TO MUCH EFFORTS & TIME.

I use CE, too, and it takes less than a minute to locate your XP value and change it. You can adjust it to X999 for every X+1 level, do something to gain XP, and you've gained a level. You can add more skill points using CE, or you can train using the editor.

I even used CE to give me items at one point, but THAT took me a lot of time and effort, and I've since forgotten how to do it.

A Servile is capable of more then just mindless fist-fighting though. You can equip it with armour, weapons, even teach it to use magic. Quite possibly, you could have you own army of super-soldiers in the form of creations.

Of course, then theres the issue of control, but thats a whole different discussion.

Originally Posted By: Ackrovan
You can equip it with armour, weapons, even teach it to use magic.

The improved version of the servile should be able to shape very weak creations of their own. That way, when enemies see a mysterious Shaper/lifecrafter leading seven serviles and each servile is leading several worms and fyoras, they will immediately run away out of sheer annoyance.

Dikiyoba.

From a cannon perspective, it seems much more likely that the creation limit is due to your character always starting off as a weak apprentice/lifecrafter. There simply isn't enough time in-game for your character to develop your mental (not mental magic) skills to control more creations. Also, other Shapers have access to a plethora of other stationary resources that allow them to control and lead a larger army.

Either way, Serviles are different. Their more like human slaves then creation. You can theoretically keep control of hundreds if their all "loyal" (disregarding the possibility that some of them might develop rebellious thoughts) to you. Regardless, its quite possible to hire other human outsiders as controls to help reinforce your command. Heck, its even possible to train serviles to keep serviles under control. It's all just a question of time and resources, both of which the PC has little of at his/her disposal.

Edit: Ha.

The improved version of the servile should be able to shape very weak creations of their own. That way, when enemies see a mysterious Shaper/lifecrafter leading seven serviles and each servile is leading several worms and fyoras, they will immediately run away out of sheer annoyance.

Dikiyoba.

Unless the enemies have divine fire, then the serviles go bye bye.

Originally Posted By: Hypnotic
Ouch, eyes bleeding.

Originally Posted By: lordofdc
That all caps post, it nearly killed me....

Originally Posted By: Like Tears in Soup
Ow.

A very potent troll indeed.

Dikiyoba.

Also, each servile has it's own storyline, quests, different factions trying to claim it's allegiance...

Faction Leader A: To join my faction, three of your serviles must have beaten the end-game for faction B, but only one must have achieved the no-canister ending. Another one must join faction B, but defect to faction C, and another must join both factions B and C but ultimately get the crappy ending where he pisses both of them off. The last two serviles must beat the game for secret faction XYZ with ACB and BCA loyalties respectively.

Originally Posted By: Akharri Blaze
You know, Commanding a army of loyal serviles would be cool, but i don't think that the game was supposed to be where you act power hungry, just saying

Nope, it's quite the opposite. The game is all about you acting power-hungry, or at least you dealing with that temptation. Ever used the Geneforge in GF1? If so, you should know what I'm talking about.

Admittedly, it's not as much of a main theme in the later games. In fact, canister use in GF5 is almost insignificant in regards to the ending.

Quote:
You know, Commanding a army of loyal serviles would be cool, but i don't think that the game was supposed to be where you act power hungry, just saying

not necissarily. You can be a nice guy, but not go anywhere in the game. "Hey, let me try to come to a peace agreement between the shapers and the rebels, not choose a side!" But of course, Geneforge would be no fun.

~Artemis and fun. The way that I classify fun is nowhere near what you might think is fun. Trust me on that one.

Quote:

—Alorael, who supposes the only thing better would be geneforging geneforges. By hand.

...Doesn't that happen already? Geneforging geneforges or MAKING them at a rediculous pace?

~Artemis and Geneforges. Point blank, if there were no Geneforge made, there probably wouldn't be a war. It all started why Trajkov was coveting the Geneforge, anyway. Then again, the Geneforge isn't he only reason why the shapers and rebles started fighting. A virtual essence pod to the genius who comes up with the other uber-obvious reasons why the rebels don't like the shapers.

There are two/three components of the rebel force: outsiders (human) and creations (serviles and Barred-type). All seek freedom, knowledge, and power forbidden by Shaper law, but the creations are also reacting to the threat of extermination by Shapers. By law, a creation without Shaper control must not exist.

Originally Posted By: Artie Luv~
Point blank, if there were no Geneforge made, there probably wouldn't be a war. It all started why Trajkov was coveting the Geneforge, anyway.
Actually, there would still be notes on how to make a Geneforge. Anyone with enough brains and magical ability would probably be able to make one anyway, even if there wasn't one available for study.

And there would also be canisters, and therefore the potential for canister junkies.