Not that anyone cares...

Arch-Mage Solberg

Hi, you must be a pure avernite. Haven't seen you over at the Geneforge forums.

I notice that there are several members over here who have registered exactly at 12:00 pm. Surely, it can't be a coincidence.I suppose you wait until the clock ticks twelve, and then click the register button ?

Though the idea is rather amusing, it does look pretty good on the profile.

Edit : Actually, all of the moderators have apparently joined at 12:00 pm, so my assumption doesn't hold true. What is this all about ? confused

Originally Posted By: BMA
Edit : Actually, all of the moderators have apparently joined at 12:00 pm, so my assumption doesn't hold true. What is this all about ? confused

The forums didn't keep track of the exact time of day when someone registered until relatively recently. Anyone who registered before that gets a placeholder time.

As Lilith observed, the old UBB didn't record it, so we default to noon (I see eleven, but I'm mountain time). I don't think the old one even showed registration day on posts (just on their profile). It was all about relative time and member numbers (which also changed, actually).

Unsurprisingly, most or all of the mods predate that turnover (which was, what, 2008?).

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
As Lilith observed, the old UBB didn't record it, so we default to noon (I see eleven, but I'm mountain time). I don't think the old one even showed registration day on posts (just on their profile). It was all about relative time and member numbers (which also changed, actually).

Unsurprisingly, most or all of the mods predate that turnover (which was, what, 2008?).

I don't know about registration day, but I'm fairly certain that the month and year were both present even before the new system. I remember being June of 2004 quite clearly, though that doesn't mean that the old system necessarily had it.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Welcome back, Arch-Mage. I didn't really notice your absence (sorry about that), but I haven't been as active as I'd have liked, so I probably overlooked it when I was here.
Originally Posted By: Death Knight
Come to see if were all still insane?
What do you mean, "if"? tongue

Some people like feeding the hungry fluffy turtles.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the slow response. I'll only be online maybe once or twice a week since I don't have internet at my house.

Now to respond to a few posts.

Originally Posted By: BMA
Hi, you must be a pure avernite. Haven't seen you over at the Geneforge forums.

I'd like to assume that I am the purest Avernite as I have only bought the first Geneforge and only played the demo for the second, but have bought all Avernums! As for posting in the Geneforge forum...I'll leave that to the professionals. wink

Originally Posted By: Death Knight
Ive never met you, but thats cool. Come to see if were all still insane?

I have no worries that there are still insane people here. My only worry is that noone is more insane than me! crazy

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Originally Posted By: Arch-Mage Solberg
...but I'm back after a nearly 2 month absence. I'm still alive and kicking!

Post 653 cool

You were gone? I just assumed you didn't have anything to say. smile

There's always something to say...although Solberg doesn't always say what's RIGHT!

Originally Posted By: Harehunter
Greetings Arch-Mage. I have had to stay away for a little while. I had a code in my node that was really frustrating. But now I'm back to 'normal'.

Welcome to you too, Harehunter. Is there really such a thing as "Normal"?

Originally Posted By: Trenton the Drake Lord
Welcome Arch-mage solberg. I was lucky enough to know you my whole time, since you were here before me. I didn't really notice you were gone, though.

Noone ever misses me when I leave.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
The Arch-Mage was here before most of us.

So true! Why I remember back when I was a wee little lad when.....wait...what were we talking about again?

Originally Posted By: Trenton the Drake Lord
Solberg, why have you not responded? We have been saying these nice, warm things, and where are you?

Long absences are not unheard of for me. Thanks everyone who acknowledged my absences and said those "nice, warm things". Where was I? At home mostly, remodeling and playing Skyrim!

Post #655 cool