30 day top posters

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Wow. Yeah, I'm really curious now who's idea this was, and what purpose it is intended to serve. I can see it would encourage spam, and yet surely that wasn't the original intent?

I'm also not at all surprised at who is at the top of the list...

This is a horrible idea. All my hard work accumulating posts, carefully planning and investing and strategizing and analyzing the empirical distribution of the spam market in order to corner the market on posts has come to nought! The nouveau-spammers are encroaching on my old spammy postcount! Soon, my account in East Egg will be worthless due to the encroachment of arrivistes in East Egg looking to make a quick one or two thousand posts!

This cannot stand.

Do not adjust your implants.

—Alorael, who considered leaving it up and letting everyone know that the top poster each month would be banned for spamming. Then he decided that it would be more fun to ban the second highest. Then he realized that it wasn't Aran's endeavor stats and gave up.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Triumph
I'm also not at all surprised at who is at the top of the list...

Trenton was third yesterday, so it's not like he's posting way more than anyone else.

Dikiyoba.

He made it to the top of the list this morning, with about 292 or thereabouts.

Originally Posted By: Tirien
Personally, I think we should bring it up at the end of every month, maybe for just the mods/admins to see, or everyone, just so we can make fun of the spammiest.

Perhaps we can present them with a can of spam as a reward.

That was the problem with the aforementioned endeavor bot: it encouraged people to spam, particularly in the topics announcing monthly totals.

Cthulhu was sent to consume the endeavor bot, thus ending the spaminess but this also lead to Cthulhu-worship.

Originally Posted By: Tirien
Personally, I think we should bring it up at the end of every month, maybe for just the mods/admins to see, or everyone, just so we can make fun of the spammiest.

Presumably, moderators and the administration can already see this, if they were able to make it appear. Likewise they are probably able to see the entire posting rankings, not just the top 10.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Originally Posted By: The Forgotten Ann/Arm
I don't log in for one day, and I miss this?

For someone who made a goodbye topic last month, you're awfully attached.

Come on, he managed six days. The longest I've been gone after posting a goodbye topic was about... mh, six hours.

Originally Posted By: Arancaytrus
Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Originally Posted By: The Forgotten Ann/Arm
I don't log in for one day, and I miss this?

For someone who made a goodbye topic last month, you're awfully attached.

Come on, he managed six days. The longest I've been gone after posting a goodbye topic was about... mh, six hours.

You seem to be pretty good with the long hiatuses without goodbye topics, though.

Maybe you should make a bunch of goodbye topics to insure you'd stick around?

Originally Posted By: dikiyoba
Trenton was third yesterday, so it's not like he's posting way more than anyone else.

Originally Posted By: Cairo jim
He made it to the top of the list this morning, with about 292 or thereabouts.

Hurray! I became a celebrity by posting almost 300 posts that were not spam, and that were completly relevent.

Im just sad that its gone now.

Originally Posted By: Sylae

Well, I mean thanks for the effort (and I'm assuming it's only collecting data from when you set it up, not the whole day, else it's broken), but there is a reason Aran stopped posting his listings.

With the influx of newer people (including the new Steamers. Hi!), we really should be making a proper effort to post quality instead of quantity. I mean, this was always the case at Spiderweb, but there are a lot of newer people from forums where idle chatter fills threads, and a lot of younger members, and not everybody wants to read lots and lots of one-line posts that don't really add anything. And nobody really wants huge post races to try and get higher in the rankings. It just creates a community that doesn't really have anything to say.

(and before anybody quotes me, yes, I know I do this sometimes. hush)

Edit: Sniped with an edit.

Thank you, Nikki. It would indeed be a service not to host such stats.

We all make unnecessary posts from time to time. I don't think there is anyone here who is particularly bad about it, at present. But there are definitely people who might become bad about it, had they incentive to spam.