Stuffing the Mailbox

Tyranicus

Originally Posted By: Niemand
Congratulations! smile

Thanks Niemand. It seems congratulations are in order for you as well, since you used your 2000th post to congratulate me on my 3000th.

Originally Posted By: Slartucker
I didn't even think about that. Looking at your Recent Posts, that must be, what, 600 or 700 posts?

I honestly didn't count, but it was a great many. tongue

That comic is a very old tradition that predates me as well. If you look at the URL for the image, Dantius is actually posting it from my site. Years ago, Archmage Alex drew a series of comics about the boards. They may or may not still be around somewhere. When he was an active member, he would post that particular comic whenever someone made a postcount celebration thread. Other people started doing it, and the rest is history. A few years ago, I put a copy on my site, so that I would have easy access to it for posting in this type of thread.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Alas. I have realized that at some point recently, I presume during Slarty's PDN games, I reached the 1000 mark, and failed to notice. Sadness, no meaningless celebratory post for me. Maybe I'll be paying better attention when 2K roles around?
Damn, me too frown

You get ten percent of a congratulations post. 'Grats.

The rest of the post, which is necessarily padding due to the necessity of merely providing that 90% filler, will be dedicated to notifying Lilith, at length, that she is now one post closer to the 15k milestone and ought to begin considering the weighty matter of that milestone thread.

—Alorael, who supposes he could break down the post based on characters, or words, or sentences (in which case he'd be doing a pretty poor job). He could also use such esoterica as number of E's used. Instead, he'll use the admittedly arbitrary standard of lines of text in a standard Safari text box. Line 10, not including blank lines, has been reached!

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Alas. I have realized that at some point recently, I presume during Slarty's PDN games, I reached the 1000 mark, and failed to notice. Sadness, no meaningless celebratory post for me. Maybe I'll be paying better attention when 2K roles around?

I did the same thing, although there was nothing like slarty's game going on.