Funny post about shoes from a banned spambot

[spambot]

Cheap MBT Shoes are not your normal type of footwear. They are a completely new shoe concept. The shoe trains muscles, relieves the strain on joints, improves posture and gait and even burns calories at every step and even while standing. The MBT Shoes Clearance has been beneficial to many people and really starting to become popular worldwide.

MBT Shoes is health shoes which make your foot health and reduce your back pain of body. At begining, it is accepted by offical person who rare have time to walking. But after years show that nowadays it is accepted by more and more people outside.

Most of the hip problem is caused due to imbalance in the muscles around the hip. Maintain the same posture for too long (such as white-collar), and daily life and the movement of unilateral pressure and tension will lead to shortened hip flexors, resulting in a balance muscle recession, MBT Shoes Review, straight trunk than the degree wearing traditional shoes increased by 10%, more conducive to good hips, back and other physique shape, the hip muscle exercise increased +9%, from the beginning of each step, leading a healthy lifestyle.

Health is not leaving us away. People in traditional ideas all think that going to gym and doing exercise can keep health. This idea is badly, health is day by day exercise. Walking from house to work place is a new way to do exercise. Abandons of work at break time, instead standing half an hour is health. Just adjust structure of body by running and walking with MBT Shoes Sale is also a way to keep health. Health is so easy that everyone can find a way to explain it.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Okay, I'm sure it can't be that hard to create a spambot that can write in proper English. I mean, really. You'd think it would occur to the people who write them that if they stopped butchering my language, I'd be more inclined to fall for their scam.

You've never read the English instruction version of a Japanese product?

I knew a guy who went to work for Epson back in the 1980s who claimed that he was hired solely to rewrite their manuals into readable English back when they were the dominant printer company.

But the first three sentences are pretty good. Then it loses it. What's with that?

I postulate that the first three sentences were composed by a fluent English speaker. Let's call this unknown source "E". I suspect that one or more sentences in the middle paragraph might also have come originally from E, but have been heavily modified by some later redactor, "R".

The author of the last paragraph seems to have been written by a poor English speaker who nonetheless has a coherent idea about health to express — or rather, explain. Let's call this source "X".

The major missing piece is still the origin of the middle paragraph. Some of it is really garbled. Did X compose it themselves, or just paste together material from E, X, or some third source, "S"?

You'd think it would occur to the people who write them that if they stopped butchering my language, I'd be more inclined to fall for their scam.

Given the ability of some native English speakers to butcher the language, the spammers aren't doing too bad.

Dikiyoba.

Yes, it's likely that the original material on which this post was based had circulated in oral form for quite some time. It may even be that something like "MBT Shoes" really existed at some time, in some form, and that the conflicting eyewitness accounts were based on some sort of primitive core of reality. More probably, early word of mouth reports about several different kinds of shoes have been conflated in the written text. A sophisticated statistical analysis based on factors that no layperson could understand indicates convincingly that M Shoes were stiletto heels with rhinestone buckles, B Shoes were steel-toed boots, and T Shoes were fluffy bunny slippers. Stylistic trends suggest that B Shoes and T Shoes were first combined in some link farm ad copy in late 2008, based on a poorly photoshopped catalog image that was actually a pair of hip waders. How M Shoes joined the mix is a subject of ongoing research.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
You'd think it would occur to the people who write them that if they stopped butchering my language, I'd be more inclined to fall for their scam.

Given the ability of some native English speakers to butcher the language, the spammers aren't doing too bad.

Dikiyoba.

I'm pretty sure that with spam the butchering is only the first step in a long process.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Wait, the shoes are alive? I guess they really aren't your normal type of footwear.

According to the most recent theological studies, the shoes are both fully alive and fully not-alive at the same time. Furthermore, there are apocryphal writings which predict a time when the mysterious MBT shoes will return to life, and revive all shoes with it. Some refer to this event as 'Foot-ageddon', others 'Ragna-sock'.

The ankle support on my shoes are always the first to break down, die, and the padding falls apart leaving the plastic in the ankle support scraping me as I walk. On average I walk 10-12 miles a day around town and campus, wearing the sole down and breaking through it into the shoe itself. This leads me to going through shoes at a rate of having to replace my walking shoes ever 6-7 months.

The only time that I have gone longer with my walking shoes was when I lived in Chile. The shoes broke down (Doc, Martins) in about 5 months while I was walking 21 miles a day on average. Instead of replacing those, I pulled the plastic ankle support out of the shoes and bought some full foot gel inserts. Replacing the inserts once every month (Dr.Scholl's gave me a great deal on a 2 year supply of inserts) I was abel to use my shoes for a just over 2 years. The soles of the shoes wore through and the most of the stitching had giving out (my toes could stick through the holes in the stitching). I also now have scars on my heels from months of blisters.

Moral of the story if there is even one? Its very hard for me to find a decent pair of shoes that are made for heavy use.

Originally Posted By: Rowen
The ankle support on my shoes are always the first to break down, die, and the padding falls apart leaving the plastic in the ankle support scraping me as I walk. On average I walk 10-12 miles a day around town and campus, wearing the sole down and breaking through it into the shoe itself. This leads me to going through shoes at a rate of having to replace my walking shoes ever 6-7 months.

The only time that I have gone longer with my walking shoes was when I lived in Chile. The shoes broke down (Doc, Martins) in about 5 months while I was walking 21 miles a day on average. Instead of replacing those, I pulled the plastic ankle support out of the shoes and bought some full foot gel inserts. Replacing the inserts once every month (Dr.Scholl's gave me a great deal on a 2 year supply of inserts) I was abel to use my shoes for a just over 2 years. The soles of the shoes wore through and the most of the stitching had giving out (my toes could stick through the holes in the stitching). I also now have scars on my heels from months of blisters.

Moral of the story if there is even one? Its very hard for me to find a decent pair of shoes that are made for heavy use.

I have a similar problem, Since I have to do a fair bit of walking for my job. Multiplied by the face that I have fairly large feet. Luckily, the shoe store I shop carries well made shoes for big feet, and even though I've had to pay about $100-$150 for a pair, the last few pairs I've gotten have lasted over a year each.

Dear Mr Bot,

Screw the MBT shoes, everyone ought to just chuck their shoes.

You don't play a piano with gloves do you? So why do you walk or run in restrictive blocks of plastic and foam? Your feet have one of the highest concentrations of nerve endings in your body (similar to the hands and lips). Prior to the 1970s most shoes were pretty simple. Then Nike comes along and decides that our feet are evolutionary screw ups, something that can be improved. Well thank you, but no, my ancestors did quite well with nothing on their feet.

So I'll have to decline your silly shoes Mr bot.

(from a barefoot/minimalist runner)

Originally Posted By: Rowen
How many of you shower with sandals on? Its another habit I picked up from Chile.

I shower with clothes on sometimes, usually when taking them off would get dirt all over my bathroom floor. Plus, it's a good way to cool off faster, since the water absorbed by the clothes stays closer to your skin for longer.

Originally Posted By: VCH
So why do you walk or run in restrictive blocks of plastic and foam? Your feet have one of the highest concentrations of nerve endings in your body. . .

You just answered your own question. Stepping on things hurts. tongue

I like walking barefoot whenever I can, but I can't imagine running that way. How do you do it?

Well, it sounds like either way you're shopping at YouGetWhatYouPayFor.

@VCH: I think there's something to be said for this idea, but there are also a lot of people who live in areas with substantial amounts of broken glass and other hazardous material on the ground. This a problem that we also ought to address, but wearing fewer shoes probably won't help.

Originally Posted By: FnordCola
Well, it sounds like either way you're shopping at YouGetWhatYouPayFor.

@VCH: I think there's something to be said for this idea, but there are also a lot of people who live in areas with substantial amounts of broken glass and other hazardous material on the ground. This a problem that we also ought to address, but wearing fewer shoes probably won't help.

There's a simple way to avoid the few pieces of refuse out there, pay attention to the ground in front of you. Honestly there isn't that much stuff out there. People seem to think the streets are littered with debris from some overturned garbage truck.

Your foot has so many muscles that never get a good workout and basically atrophy from underuse. As barefoot running hurting, well in truth it doesn't. All those sensory endings are there to give you accurate feedback on the ground underneath you. When I run barefoot I land much more softly than I do when I run with shoes.

And what about that heel lift on your shoes? Does your foot naturally have a heel lift? I mean what a crazy way to walk around with your feet constantly sloped downward.

I'm not against shoes. They have their uses. They are tools to get jobs done. So for example if your streets really are littered with needles and glass, by all means get your shoes on. But I think we really need to question what all that supportive junk is doing on modern shoes, because the shoe companies sure don't know.

if you're interested

The effects of habitual footwear use: foot shape and function in native barefoot walkers

Originally Posted By: The Ratt
To add on to VCH:

There's a footwear company that makes footwear designed to give the barefoot running/everyday experience. From what I've seen and heard, they are gaining popularity. I would have bought a pair for myself if my toes weren't so long. Website here.

they also look totally ridiculous, making them an excellent novelty gift

There's a simple way to avoid the few pieces of refuse out there, pay attention to the ground in front of you. Honestly there isn't that much stuff out there. People seem to think the streets are littered with debris from some overturned garbage truck.

Depends on where you are. Prescott streets are covered in broken glass and all sorts of fun spiky plant parts. Probably most parts of Arizona are.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: RCCCL
Multiplied by the face

Hey, wait, stop that! Quit trying to input my face into your calculator!

On a more relevant note - my last pair of shoes, some nice Pumas, lasted in the year to year-and-a-half range. By the end, the heel had been worn down almost completely through the bottom of the shoe. I guess the statement:
And what about that heel lift on your shoes? Does your foot naturally have a heel lift? I mean what a crazy way to walk around with your feet constantly sloped downward.
really applies.

Also - I have seen a guy with
Originally Posted By: The Ratt

They look really strange on people's feet.

Well, you do walk heel toe, but natural running involves landing on the midfoot, then letting the heel touch down gently.

So yeah, you will wear your heel down if you walk a lot. But that's not a reason to have excessive heel lift. It's more of a reason to add durable rubber, and perhaps more rubber to the bottom of the shoe, but equally from front to back. I would guess most people don't wear a hole in the bottom of the their shoes in a single year. If you do, perhaps barefoot is the best way to go.

Wow Dikiyoba, that must suck. Where does all the glass come from?

When I'm forced to wear shoes I opt for Merrell trail gloves. The Vibram five fingers are too difficult to size correctly when ordering over the internet.

merrell-trail-glove-review-jason-robilla

Merrell-Trail-Glove1.jpg