A Geneforge Trilogy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Drakon Sssharxx
Sorry guys I have been checking the forum and seeing you wanting the stoy continued but haven't had to time to do it yet. I'm hoping this weekend will have some free time where I can sate your hunger.

Have you found the time to try to continue the story yet?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A million apologies guys... Havn't had internet for the last 3 weeks and before that college has had me on my toes with various problems of transport to haveing tonnes of work. Currently on work expirience and could well get round to getting you another chapter, maybe even some photo's. I'm hikeing alot so I have some very scenic pictures that may suit the story.

Since i'm walking around in the middle of nowhere my imagination could well be on form. Will see how I feel tomorrow and with any luck you could have a meal. tongue

Sharx.

Edit: Oh bugger I realise all the fuss... I left you hanging at the worst possible moment. Saraph alone in a strange place with a million distractions and found by a Shaper Master... what could happen to him?

hey sharx can i be in your story as a special drakon expirament called the Unbound Draykon an even more independant, more intelligent creation thats even smarter then most drakons and even more arrogant with magical spread breath, is whitesh-purple, is 50 feet long, and very difficult to make and could be the before the Unbound's creation?

A million apologies guys... Havn't had internet for the last 3 weeks and before that college has had me on my toes with various problems of transport to haveing tonnes of work. Currently on work expirience and could well get round to getting you another chapter, maybe even some photo's. I'm hikeing alot so I have some very scenic pictures that may suit the story.

Since i'm walking around in the middle of nowhere my imagination could well be on form. Will see how I feel tomorrow and with any luck you could have a meal. tongue

Sharx.

Edit: Oh bugger I realise all the fuss... I left you hanging at the worst possible moment. Saraph alone in a strange place with a million distractions and found by a Shaper Master... what could happen to him?

Pictures of the story!?!?!? Oh wait nvm, you were talking about your hiking. XD

Yeah, you're right you left us hanging :|. And Uhh Unbound Draykon seems kind of imbalanced, I doubt the drakons/ur-drakons/unbound were 50 ft tall otherwise they could've done more damage to the shapers.

Originally Posted By: Geneforgeisformeyukkyu
And Uhh Unbound Draykon seems kind of imbalanced, I doubt the drakons/ur-drakons/unbound were 50 ft tall otherwise they could've done more damage to the shapers.

i said 50 feet long not 50 feet tall thats even taller most of the shapers buildings and a drayk that big could crush shapers under his feet not to mention being indestructable but they could probably make only one

something that tall wouldn't live for very long. Let me give you an example humans ideal height is about 5-6 feet. If you get too much taller then 6 feet you start to have sever health issues that make every day life a struggle and pitched combat would be difficult. Making something 3 to 4 times the size it was meant for it probably wouldn't have any feeling in its arms or legs and bones would crumble under their own weight.

Originally Posted By: Unbound Draykon
Originally Posted By: Geneforgeisformeyukkyu
And Uhh Unbound Draykon seems kind of imbalanced, I doubt the drakons/ur-drakons/unbound were 50 ft tall otherwise they could've done more damage to the shapers.

i said 50 feet long not 50 feet tall thats even taller most of the shapers buildings and a drayk that big could crush shapers under his feet not to mention being indestructable but they could probably make only one

Hey, that gives me a great idea...

DRAKONS IN F-14s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be so cool!

wink

/ silliness

Kudos to anyone who gets the reference. smile

Guess what guys... You're all going to be happy for about 10 mins. I found time for another chapter. It's all changeing once again for Saraph.

Chapter 31 – Reunion

Saraph looks into the face of Mera’s shaping master. Her eyes, a shocking sapphire blue, bore into the shadows of his hood. Saraph’s attention is absorbed by the intensity of her look that she speaks again.

“Little late isn’t it?” Saraph is shaken from the force of her gaze and his mind buzzes to find a believable answer.

“Err… yes mistress it is, I got caught up in my work and forgot about the time, I came up to get some clean robes to wear for tomorrow.” Saraph manages the words in a steady voice his eyes running over the flawless form of her body. Her face breaks into a small smile.

“Not to worry I’m sure you won’t be as late tomorrow?” Saraph shakes his head. In his haste to get away he moves his head too vigorously and his hood falls off his head, his ears less covered picks up rapid whispers of feet brushing the floor elsewhere on the same floor as him and the shaper mistress…

Charlotte runs through the cobbled road in the dead of night flitting from shop to shop until she finds a cloths shop. The lock melts away under her touch and the door slides open. Charlotte glides through the room and spots an exotic robe made of ruby red fyora scales, she dons the dress and finds it hugs her form tightly whilst allowing free movement. The dress covers her skin while stood still or waking casually but has splits in the long skirt that allows for sprinting. Happy with her find she leaves the shop and hears a whisper of footsteps above her. She looks up to see a foot disappear much to fast for any normal human.

Charlotte runs along the road in the direction the foot disappeared heading towards the largest building in the city. She arrives at the foot of the building to see a cloak flicker above her disappearing through a window on one of the highest levels. Charlotte’s curiosity is peaked now not her or any of her previous possessor’s memories recall anything being able to move so fast. She runs flat out past the guards into the building becoming a blur of shadow to any human onlookers. Charlotte quickly locates the stairs and sprints madly up them seven by seven. She sprints silently through an open door at the top of the stairs and along the corridor towards the room the cloak disappeared into…

Saraph’s mind races and, with the boost of adrenaline that since his educations and alterations he hadn’t felt, everything becomes clearer and sharper. Several things happen at the same time, one is that the shaper mistress begins to form a ball of energy with which to spite Saraph down, the second would be Saraph’s sister, Charlotte, bursts around the corner and runs towards him, the third would be Saraph’s mind makes the link between the four letter language and his own. The clarity of Saraph’s mind allows him to orchestrate his movements with impunity, he waves his hand and cancels the shaper mistress’ magic, he then spins around and holds his arms out to his sister who slows for a millisecond before speeding up and embracing him in a steel grip.

Saraph’s mind reels from the connection between the two languages and something begins to happen which Saraph is unfamiliar with. He begins working magic without any control over what he is doing, as if he is only the worker and someone else is giving the orders. The air around him blurs and Saraph begins to feel a pulling sensation at the base of his spine. The shaper mistress leaps forward and grabs hold of Saraph in an attempt to stop him escaping. The three of them are pulled backwards into a black void and it feels as if an invisible force is crushing them together slowly until Saraph can’t bear it anymore. Suddenly the force releases them and Saraph’s eyes are assaulted by colour once more. Saraph looks around to assess where he is while the shaper mistress lets go of him and steps back her eyes looking down at the forest below them thats not getting any closer. Charlotte lets go of him and looks over the view below.

Yey! I solved my picture problem. May have to put a few more pictures into the story now! Enjoy.

Chapter 32 – The Birth of the Shapers

As the unusual trio look on at the scene they begin to move down towards a large clearing. To the trio it doesn’t feel as if they are moving but rather the clearing, and the rest of the land, is moving towards them. As the clearing enters the space around them they see a large stone obelisk in the centre. The obelisk has four flat smooth sides and is made of solid granite. On each side is a different symbol, the obelisk is oriented so the sides align with north, south, east and west. Starting at the north side and going east, south and then west are these symbols:

28339_1464198564362_1215442954_31367963_28339_1464198604363_1215442954_31367964_28339_1464198644364_1215442954_31367965_28339_1464198684365_1215442954_31367966_

Around the obelisk about thirty people kneel in a circle with a single elderly man stood in front of the northern side. The elderly man is speaking in a chant while the other thirty people kneel occasionally bowing to touch their foreheads to the ground. Saraph notices only four sounds being pronounced by the elderly man.

As the three watch the proceedings, strands of gold filaments float out from the people knelt in the circle. The filaments float towards the obelisk and ask they touch the granite surface it begins to gain a golden glow. The filaments gain substance and thickness and huge amounts of energy are pumped into the granite slab. The standing man takes a step forward to the obelisk, and then another. In a flash of flames the man’s cloths are incinerated to leave him bare. The naked man takes one last step to touch with the granite surface and disappear. The circle of kneeling people all stands in unison and the symbols on the obelisk rise off the stone to become glowing shadows in the air. They begin to float around the obelisk slowly gaining speed until the obelisk is surrounded by a white halo. In a burst of light the halo shatters upwards creating a pillar of pure white light shooting high into the air. The sky turns black and white arcs begin to shoot from the pillar and return back to the ground like glowing white rain.

Suddenly Saraph’s vision goes black with only Charlotte and the shaper mistress in sight. They look around puzzled at what is happening. A new vision colours their vision. Once again they find themselves with an overhead view of the same forest as before. Saraph spots the granite obelisk only now it is covered in moss signifying a length of time has passed since the last vision. Further north is a village, as Saraph spots it the world moves closer and the village enters the space around them. Saraph sees adults working small crops and children playing. There is no unhappiness in the village. Suddenly Saraph sees a child running at him and before he can react it passes through him and Saraph watches the child chase after a butterfly. After a few seconds the child tires of chasing the butterfly and turns around. She waves her hand and in a pulse of scentless essence a dog appears yapping at her side, the child smiles wider and begins playing with the dog she created only seconds earlier. Both Saraph and the shaper mistress look at her with shock at the ease and perfect control a mere child has over arts that the shapers spend years to gain minimal control over.

The vision blacks out again and when the colours return the three onlookers are once again above the forest. This time there are fires burning below them and Saraph can see huge beasts tearing through robed men who launch flames back upon the beasts. Saraph sees the villagers creating the huge beasts and fighting back the robed attackers. The robed attackers are great in number and while one villager may kill fifteen single-handedly the attackers manage to push the villagers back out of the village killing several of them. Saraph spots a man enter a large building and once again the world moves towards them and they find themselves in the room with the man. The man grabs a number of scrolls from the shelves before waving his hand and causing the rest to burn.

The vision blacks again and the following visions pass in rapid succession, the first shows the man pouring over the stolen scrolls learning what he can from the pictures, unable to understand the language made up of only four letters. The second vision shows the man’s success at creating a mutated lump of living material and a few flickers of visions show him gaining in competence. Another vision shows his success at creating a living creature able to survive. The visions show him teach the other members of his tribe and how they use the new power to attack other nearby tribes. They show how larger tribes renounce their tribe names and merging into the tribe that had renamed to “The Shaper Tribe”. The visions show their numbers increase greatly until they had the power to conquer the land. They discovered more to their powers and new combinations to create new creatures and slowly they populated or captured the continent placing the other humans below them to tend to and command their creations. The visions show the actions of the shapers right up to the very present. Saraph, Charlotte and the shaper mistress find their vision black and when it returns they are back in the corridor above Mera’s shaping halls.

Originally Posted By: Øther
I, personally, really enjoy reading these stories and am glad that you are going out of your way to make them for us.

I agree, but maybe you should save your energy until more people say they like it so you know you aren't just writing for 2 people. I'd hate to see you take so much time just for us frown.

Are people still reading this and enjoying it? I have found it hard to find time to write it and am wondering if it is still worth makeing the time to continue onto the last book.

The real question is: do you enjoy writing the story and are you still getting something out of writing it?

Dikiyoba.

Chapter 33 – A New Path

The shaper mistress stumbles back away from Saraph, her eyes wide with wonder.

“Who are you?” She stumbles over the words in her amazement. Saraph takes a moment to process all that he just saw trying to work out what happened. The lady closes her eyes waiting for Saraph to respond. Saraph realises he just saw visions of the past, of how the shaping arts came to be. The first villagers were the ones to create the shaping arts; the ceremony Saraph just witnessed was the villagers joining their language to life. They had complete control over life because it was they who created the link, the shapers stole the powers and struggled to learn the art because they did not understand the language. Saraph shakes himself from his thoughts and looks at Charlotte, She smiles back at him. Saraph turns to look at the lady to see her eyes closed and her posture broken. She learnt where she came from and the price of her power. She went from thinking herself as royalty to knowing herself a thief.

Saraph puts a hand on her shoulder gently and smiles a soft smile as she opens her eyes.

“I am Saraph, Come with us.” Saraph whispers to her. She looks at his a long moment before shaking her head and stepping backwards.

“You are a rebel to the shapers; you are as bad as them.” Saraph takes his turn to shake his head as Charlotte looks at him with shock.

“I am a rebel no longer after witnessing all that I have seen I do not wish to be a part of this campaign. The shapers must learn who they are and change. They have conquered and horded power for far too long that they can’t live peacefully with anybody. The rebels are becoming a twin to the shapers, hording power only to conquer the shapers and enforce their own ideals. They must learn to live in peace of each other.” With that Saraph looks into the eyes of the lady and with one hand mimics the child in the vision, calling a puppy into life before her.

The puppy has chocolate coloured fur and jumps around full of energy. The lady looks down at it and smiles a stunningly beautiful smile before looking up at Saraph in wonder. She nods once and grabs Saraph’s arm. Saraph scoops up the puppy and asks the lady her name.

“Astoria” she whispers back.

“Could you please transport us somewhere away from people Astoria?” She smiles, closes her eyes and concentrates. The air begins to shimmer around them, their visions black and when it returns they are at the top of a mountain looking out over the whole of the Mera-Tev. Saraph watches as a man in the city of Mera, several miles away, drops an apple. The apple hits the floor and the man bends over to pick it up and examine it, after gazing at it he deems it unfit for sale and throws it to a nearby creation.

Saraph shakes himself from his distraction and moves to erect a small camp similar to those he made while hunting. With his speed it takes less than a few minutes to gather sticks and erect three small hunting shelters surrounding a small cooking fire for heat. The shelters are arranged in a way to protect the fire and those around it from the harsh altitude winds. After shaping into existence several strips of fresh ornk meat (although the meat was never alive to begin with it holds the flavour and energy of most other ornk meat) he lays it on a stick above the fire.

Charlotte beckons Saraph to follow her as she stands and walks down towards the forest that surrounds the lower half of the mountain. Saraph tags along after checking that Astoria was ok to be alone for a while. Saraph catches up to Charlotte with ease and she begins to ask him about what he has been doing that was so important to forget about family. Saraph explains his life from leaving with Andras many years ago, what he has done and his reasons behind his actions and once all is explained Charlotte nods once and begins her tale. Saraph and Charlotte eventually end up at small talk. At the mention of the fate of his parents Saraph is upset but his will to mourn is reduced by recent events. After about an hour Saraph and his sister returns to camp to find Astoria already under a shelter asleep. Saraph and charlotte sit by the fire all night catching up and neither is surprised at the others lack of requirement to sleep. As morning arrives the sun breaks over the landscape below and from their high vantage point even those as well travelled as Saraph are stopped in their tracks by the beauty and magnificence that nature has displayed.

• 2 weeks later...
I will begin work on the last chapter (or final chapters) of the second book within about a month. I will then go on to write the final book of this trilogy during my summer holidays.

Thank you all for your patience.

Sharx

Thanks for letting me know, even though I got my hopes up thinking there was a new chapter. XD

Chapter 34 - A Utopian Dream

Saraph sits by the fire now pondering what he needs to do next. He thinks upon the people who are suffering from the war, not the soldiers, the villagers. They have no protection other than what can be given by the shapers, they aren’t bothered about the villagers anymore they are solely focused upon eradicating the rebels. The rebels themselves have proven their uncaring for the villagers by turning them into canister hungry fighters. He needs a safe haven for them, somewhere that can be defended by very few people. He needs a utopia.

He explains this to the other two and after many hours of plans and talking Astoria stands and asks what is for dinner. Saraph stands and apologises, he stands motionless with a rock in his hand as he observes his surroundings with his senses. He picks up a rustling several hundred meters away. His nose picks up the scent of deer and he grasps the rock a little tighter, pinpoints where the sound comes from and then hurls it at blinding speed towards it. There is no sound from the animal apart from the shattering of its skull as the rock thuds into it. Saraph leaps through the forest and retrieves the deer. While the deer roasts above the fire the three of them finalise plans and begin to break camp. Astoria knows of an outcrop of mountains that stands alone in the Okavano fen. It creates a raised plateau of land surrounded by the mountains and has only one entrance of about 50 meters. It sounds the perfect place to create Saraph’s utopia.

Astoria finishes eating and they all gather together, once again Saraph leaves it to Astoria to transport them until he can learn the ability too. The air shimmers once more and Saraph feels himself pulled through space. As his vision begins to reappear Saraph sees himself stood in a room his eyes pick out people stood there and immediately an alarm sounds. Saraph and charlotte duck immediately and thorns fly past above their heads. Saraph realises he is holding Astoria’s hand that she purposefully separated from her body in order to force Saraph into a trap.

Saraph Observes his surroundings and realises he is in the mountain range of Okavano fen but it is already populated.

“I will need essence.” Saraph whispers to Charlotte. Saraph stands up straight and tall. He closes his eyes and focuses all his essence and magic into one action. In an instant the air around him ignites into a rapidly expanding ball of flames and plasma. Charlotte looks at is in awe as it parts around her creating a single bubble in which she survives. After several minutes the fire burns out and charlotte looks upon the plateau that was once populated. It is levelled and flat. The only two things she can see upon it is a pool of swirling blue liquid and Saraph. As her eyes fall upon Saraph she sees him fall to the floor and she remembers his last words.

Charlotte rushes to Saraph and picks him up in her arms. She carries him to the swirling blue pool and unknowing what to do she throws him into it. The blue liquid leaps up to meet Saraph and pulls him under the surface. Charlotte witnesses Saraph sink to the bottom of the pool and tries to retrieve him but before she can get close to the blue liquid it burns her skin. She falls back and tears begin to run down her face as she thinks she has thrown her brother into a pit of acidic goop. Several minutes pass and nothing but the crying woman and bubbling of essence can be heard. Then the bubbling quietens and Charlotte realises it is over. She continues to cry besides the pool of essence.

This is the end of book Two. Do not fret all will be revealed shortly.

Nah I was sat at home bored. Hehe I have another one though in a couple of minutes...

And now I present the opening chapter of the third and final book.

Chapter 1 – Rebirth

Saraph awakes. His mind slightly hazy from exertion. At that second another rush of essence restores some more of his clarity. He realises that he is inside the essence pool. Another rush of essence brings him back to pure clarity and he realises there is too much essence trying to enter his body, it will tear him apart. Instantly he tries escaping from the essence but it holds him there stationary. His mind runs through solutions until he realises his only option, to change. Adaptation is all he can do. Immediately he begins to change the essence in contact with his body so that it performs the changes he needs it to perform. In an agonising moment his back oes into spasm and his body shudders as the essence works his body into the pre-programmed shapes. Saraph stays mute and in pain while the changes happen and the essence resumes forcing its way into his body. His body willingly accepts the essence and no longer struggles to contain it. After several more minutes the essence pool is depleted and Saraph is knelt in the middle of the depression in the floor.

Saraph kneels on the floor his hands placed on the floor for stability as he examines the new set of information coming from the receptors on the new set of limbs. Saraph twitches and two huge wings spread out sideways. They are feathered and pure white with golden tips on the end of each feather. With another twitch he manages to retract them and stand up. As he looks around he sees the destruction he caused and lay beside the pool is his sister. As Saraph sees her he jumps out of the depression and runs over to his sister. He brushes her hair out of her face and sees the tears running down her face. As she opens her eyes Saraph smiles and Charlotte wipes her eyes and looks in wonder at her brother. Charlotte after a moment of shock jumps up and wraps her arms around Saraph hugging him. Saraph wraps his arms around his sister and they embrace. Saraph slowly begins to gain control over his wings and with building confidence he wraps his wings around them both sheltering them from the world.

After almost an hour Charlotte let’s go and Saraph releases her. He looks out over the plateau to see the destruction he caused and realises that it can all be fixed and that the ground is perfect for crops and livestock. His brain works to write the scrolls of a plant. After several minutes he extends his hand and lets the essence go to create it. After four seconds a small blade of grass begins to pop up out of the soil and grow to about two inches. It’s growth is rapid and within ten seconds it stands at the same two inches but releases a burst of seeds which spring to life as well. Ater about half an hour the entire plateau is populated with grass once more. The grass at the edge of the plateau stops growing or producing seeds. Charlotte picks a blade of grass up and immediately a seed is shed and grows to replace the grass that was missing. Charlotte smiles at how quickly life was restored to the plateau.

Saraph jumps into the air and flies to the edge of the plateau where the entrance between the mountains lies, he lands lightly upon his grass. He picks a blade of grass and takes it over the edge of where his grass grows. He watches as the blade of grass in his hand curls up and crumbles to dust. He smiles at his creation. He turns his attention to the two mountains on either side and senses they contain large quantities of metal as well as stone. He extends magic filaments towards them and begins to infuse the mountain with his will. He commands it to move and forms it across the entrance to the plateau into a solid rock wall with metal reinforcements within. He forms the gatehouse into the rock and shuts it, baring it with a magic resistant steel bar. He returns to Charlotte and speaks to her.

“You should go and advertise our cause to those that would join us. I will stay and continue to create the utopia.” Charlotte nods and runs towards the gatehouse, she passes through and it locks behind her. Saraph begins work on creating housing and a meeting hall. Each home has a basement below hollowed out by lifting the house out of the stone below. The meeting hall has a storeroom below it. Saraph finishes by creating a blacksmith with an armoury below.

Saraph then begins to shape trees which produce fruits. He shapes bushes that produce nuts and berries and then creates some crops to produce cereals. As Saraph plucks a fruit from a tree another one grows in its place within a few seconds. Saraph smiles, food will not be a problem. Saraph then looks for a water supply and spots a series of streams running down the mountains. With a bit of adjustment he redirects them to join up and flow through the plateau. With pure water sourced Saraph is pleased that nobody will struggle to survive here. Without the need for labour to survive people can focus on their interests developing skills and abilities. Saraph creates some benches and sits down. He shapes several animals to occupy the plains to bring energy to the area. Every animal is intelligent and friendly and Saraph spends several hours talking with them. He feels that he has created a place in which the shapers always promised to provide. A place the rebels wanted from the shapers and rebelled because it was not provided. A place where both could relax and shed their problems and coexist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It has been quite a while and my computer is deciding that my spacebar will be a pain in the bum and be tempramental but I have written another chapeter which I think you will enjoy most profusely. Saraph meets an old friend and has a lot of his history revealed while being set upon yet another course of action. Enjoy!

Chapter 2 – Visitor

Saraph sits upon his bench and waits patiently occasionally sharing brief conversations with the animals as they pass. After several hours he jumps up and strains his ears.

Thud… Thud… Thud… THUD… THUD… THUD…

Saraph looks up scanning the air for what could be disturbing so much air. After a moment he spots a dot in the distance, still many leagues away. As the thudding increases in volume so do the dot, it gains shape and detail. Saraph continues looking at it and is shocked at what he sees. The person flying towards him has the same features as Saraph. The man flying towards Saraph also has wings. They are white with flecks of silver running though them. As the figure approaches it’s wings lock off and he glides slowly towards the ground.

Saraph takes a step back as the winged figure lands, its features hidden beneath its shell of metal armour. Saraph looks over the figure evaluating it with every sense that he has, and yet Saraph can tell nothing about the person in front of him.

“Hello, friend” the figure reaches up at that moment and lifts off his helmet. Saraph steps back another step in surprise and after a moment smiles. Standing in front of him is Izotz, Saraph’s friend from when he was in the academy. Izzy holds out his hand which Saraph steps forward and grasps. Once they step back Izzy takes a seat on the bench nearby. Saraph follows his lead and takes the place beside him both of them folding their winds awkwardly so they both fit on the bench.

“I have something important to tell you but first we have a lot of catching up to do. I think you should go first?” Upon Izotz words Saraph begins his story from when he left the academy and what his thoughts were. He explains his journey to the rebels and what they offered him, how he went to defend Poryphra successfully, how he was tasked to steal something from the Whitespires but got held up in Mera and his revelation of who and what the shapers and rebels were. He explains his reasoning behind constructing this place and what his plans are. Izotz listens patiently to the narrative and when Saraph finishes he nods gently.

Izotz clears his throat and begins his story.

“While you have been finding your beliefs on your long and destructive journey, I was cast aside by the shapers as you would have if you had stayed. It wasn’t so much as being thrown from their order as being sent to a far out post where my abilities would remain unnoticed. For all the shapers effort they failed, a group of people approached me. They all look like us, and yet they are different from you and me. They are old, so old that they do not count their age by the movement of the sun across the sky but by the birth and death of the stars above us. They told me of what you discovered on your own, the theft of the shaping arts. It seems that there have been people like us throughout the history of the shapers.”

“People like us?” Saraph butts in.

“You still have little patience. People like us; we have an affinity with essence and magic. You of all people cannot argue with that, I sense the sheer amount within you. Our history, you and me, is intertwined. We are related to each other. There were a few survivors of the shaper attack; all but one of them followed a set of rules. We are the descendants of that one man that disregarded them. You see Saraph there is more to what we can do than call forth huge amounts of destruction. It seems you have begun to touch upon that in this place. While I feel that you destroyed this place before you healed it you are beginning to learn your talents.”

“Beginning to learn my talents? There is more to me?” Saraph once again butts into the conversation.

Izotz sighs “Yes but I am not here to reveal that to you. I was sent here to tell you that you can’t stay here and watch over those that would settle here. Those that stay here can defend themselves easily while there are events happening in the world outside that you should not isolate yourself from in here. The power you have begun to dip into is a Pandora ’s Box to any without our ancestry. It has already been discovered once on a faraway island and there are forces at work to discover it again. You must stop it from coming into being.”

“Me? What about you? And those who you work for?”

“I do not work for them, we are a family. We can’t do this task because we are fighting a war of our own. You must stop them from discovering how to use our alphabet.”

“Do you know where I should start?”

“Go to Sucia island and look for the Geneforge” With that Izotz stand up and walks away from Saraph. Izotz crouches low down and then as if remembering something he flicks his head round and adds “Oh and get yourself something to cover yourself with. You are not invincible yet.” With that his hands blur as he puts his helmet back on and leaps high into the air flying away quickly. Saraph stands there a moment and thinks about the strange reunion with his friend.

P.S. I also noticed that this post has both overtaken all others on most posts and most veiws. Thank you all for reading it.