A Geneforge Trilogy.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol not for this forum. Here is chapter 15, hope you enjoy the twist.

Chapter 15 – The Siege

As dawn approaches Saraph observes a lone servile walking across no mans land. It comes to a stop ten meters before the walls and looks up.

“I bear message from masters. They tell me to walk here and say it. They tell me to say that the powers of the shapers are for them alone, those that would steal it are unprepared for the power and must be destroyed before they destroy everything.” Once the servile it finished Saraph observes a bolt of magic fly towards the servile. Saraph reacts in an instant, he launches a bolt of flames so hot it burns white with a gel like consistency. The flames blur through the air towards the shaper that launched the magical missile at the servile. One of the creations standing besides the shaper throws itself in to the path of Saraph’s missile, the flame burns a hole through its chest and strikes the shaper in the head. Saraph observes the headless body of the shaper fall to the floor. Moments later the shaper army mobilises and streams forwards towards the walls.

Saraph calls out telling the defenders to action, the defenders stream onto the walls and begin launching magic, thorns, javelins and various other missiles into the shaper forces. Saraph sees many creations fall to the floor dead but the shaper forces carry on seemingly unaware of the bodies they are walking upon. Soon the shaper forces reach the walls, the defenders pour burning pitch and acid over the sides of the walls and Saraph can hear the screams of pain. Saraph observes the battle helping where he can with his own magic. After an hour of battle the defenders are still going strong with very few losses, Saraph is pleased with how well his plans are working. Saraph hears a loud explosion come from the outer gatehouse and two Kyshakks charge through the gates letting off streams of lightning into the rebel forces. Saraph immediately sends orders to his fyoras which stream out of the door below. He directs them to the Kyshakks and watches as they swarm around them and begin to burn the Kyshakk’s sides, Saraph sees three of his fyoras die before the Kyshakk succumbs to its wounds. It falls onto its side with a loud crash while his fyoras begin to attack the second Kyshakk losing four more of their number before the second Kyshakk also falls down. The shaper army has breached the gates though and the rebels on the outer walls are fighting for their lives. The rebels stationed on the inner walls are helping as much as they can but before long the outer wall no longer holds any rebel forces.

Saraph orders his fyoras around the battlefield targeting key targets while the rebels hold the outer wall. Before long all of Saraph’s fyoras have fallen and the rebels are on their last reserves. Saraph can sense that unless they receive a miracle then the battle will be lost. Saraph runs down the stairs and out into the streets, he runs to the outer wall and finds the body of a dead rebel guard. He removes the armour from the man and equips himself with it. He runs up the stairs as a blur and once there he begins to take a more active roll in the forts defence. He summons huge torrents of flames and ice and directs them into the shaper forces. Each torrent of magic that Saraph unleashes causes a dozen screams. With Saraph’s help the rebel’s moral picks up and they continue fighting and surviving. An hour later Saraph can feel his magical energy nearly depleted. A guard approaches him and tells him that he has found the secret entrance. Saraph hears it and takes a moment to process it through his battle induced bloodlust. He immediately turns about telling the guard to take his place, he takes a deep breath and blurs away jumping from the wall and landing lightly on a rooftop twenty meters away. He runs through the fort until he finds the guards at the hidden entrance. Saraph slides to a stop as he feels a magical disturbance at the end of the street.

The air blurs and becomes hazy and then as Saraph watches it solidifies to reveal a blue robed shaper. Five bolts of energy fly from his hand, four of which strike the guards in the chest causing them to fall to the floor dead. The last bolt of energy flies towards Saraph whose body reacts automatically, it rolls to the side narrowly escaping the bolt of energy that whistles past Saraph’s ear. Saraph, having used too much energy defending the outer wall, can’t retaliate as the unknown shaper releases another volley of energy. Saraph rolls around nimbly avoiding the missiles, after a couple of minutes the shaper stops chuckling slightly.

“It seems we have a stalemate.” Saraph recognises the voice that speaks but can’t remember whose voice it is. Saraph blurs forward and grabs the shapers hood wrenching it down milliseconds before the shaper unleashes a burst of energy that throws Saraph backwards. Saraph rolls over and stands up quickly healing the minimal damage that he received. As he looks up he sees the shapers face. Stood with his robes blowing around his ankles and his hair blowing across his face… is Andras.

Originally Posted By: Drakon Sssharxx
I have decided that you can be the hermit becuse then you can be 'Lord Iraelithe' or you were untill you got exiled for questioning some of the shapers more insignificant rules. Besides that way your important aswell, I can see this book being more chapters than the last I think.

(0(0(0(0(0.0)0)0)0)0)
You...
Are...
A Genius!!!!!!!!
lol

Chapter 16 – A Lone Hero

As Saraph remembers the journey to Dillame, Andras waits unmoving. Saraph snaps out of the temporary daze brought about by Andras’ presence here.

“What are you doing here?” Saraph enquires slowly trying to delay Andras from attacking while some of the essence in his body converts to energy.

“Velerak retuned to the fort I was resting at, he explained where you were and what you were doing. You see, I have been tasked to hunt you down and kill you for my misjudgement in your loyalty to our cause. I set off immediately to catch up with the shaper forces and explain to them my mission. I was waiting for you to become to tired to defend yourself but I realised your plans and had to step in before you managed to complete them and successfully defend the fort. This was the only chance I had to attack.” Saraph hears a dozen screams from the walls, he knows he has to end this fast.

He begins moving again slowly getting closer to Andras but never remaining in the same place too long. Andras begins launching magical missiles at Saraph and the battle begins again. Saraph jumps up onto a nearby rooftop and begins jumping around above Andras. Andras can’t react fast enough to hit Saraph and Saraph still doesn’t have enough energy to cast spells randomly. He tries to get behind Andras but on of his missiles whistle past his cheek. He retreats back to a safe distance, he knows that he needs to get into the passageway soon as time is running out. Saraph jumps over the gap where Andras stands, at the same time he sends a blanket of flames towards the ground where Andras is stood. The flames envelop Andras and during the distraction Saraph jumps back down behind Andras. Saraph launches a blast of ice at Andras’ shoulder dousing the flames and freezing his shoulder. Saraph grabs the same shoulder and shatters it into fragments. Andras screams and the air around him blurs. Saraph feels a pulling sensation from the place he contacts with Andras. Saraph immediately leaps back and watches as the screaming figure before him vanishes into the air.

Saraph has no time to think upon his sadness that he had to battle the man that gave him the gift of shaping. He runs to the wall and waits for it to open. As the door slides down Saraph leaps over it before it is even halfway open. Saraph runs down the large passageway and arrives in a large room. Saraph can smell the essence in the air, he runs to the centre of the room and looks around. He is stood in a large shaping hall with numerous essence pools. Saraph can smell that the essence pools were refreshed when the smaller shaping hall in the citadel was revived. Saraph concentrates and begins to call all the essence to him, as the essence rushes into his body he can feel it refreshing him. Saraph looks around calmer now and spots the piece of machinery he was hoping for. Stood at the far end of the hall are two large essence fountains. Saraph rushes over to them and flick the switches to turn them on. They stutter to life and Saraph begins to feel the air saturate with essence. He smiles and then closes his eyes to concentrate. Having never used these machines before he spends several seconds getting used to controlling the essence in the air before beginning to use it to create a Battle Alpha.

Once the Battle Alpha is created he inserts his consciousness into its mind and provides it instructions to follow. They consist of a list of who not to attack and the instruction to attack everything else. The Battle Alpha turns and runs out of the hall and up the passageway into the fort. Saraph begins to work again creating another Battle Alpha he gives it the same instructions and continues. With each Battle Alpha he creates he becomes faster and more efficient at creating them and after hours of work Saraph has successfully created hundreds of them. Saraph stumbles backwards onto a bench as his mind becomes too tired to continue concentrating. Saraph rests for several minutes before continuing, he establishes a mental link with one of the creations on the walls to see the state of the battle. He can see in its memories the battle alphas streaming out and into the fray tearing apart the shaper forces and driving them back. Saraph can see that the shaper forces are tiring under the new onslaught. Saraph begins his work once more and creates another fifty Battle Alphas before running along the corridor and back into the fort. He runs along the streets and jumps onto the rooftops before leaping onto the walls.

The shapers and slowly being pushed back towards their camp. Saraph begins to launch bolts of fire and lightning at the retreating shapers. Several of his missiles miss but the ones that hit result in a loud scream and a body collapsing to the ground. The defenders realise that they have successfully defended the fort and raise their weapons calling out Saraph’s name, he is the hero of the battle and yet he feels like he has lost more than he has gained today. He thinks back to the moment where he shattered Andras’ arm, a man that risked much for Saraph to be given the chance to learn the secrets of shaping. Saraph feels like he spat it back in his face, he never wanted to be forced to do it but it is done now and he cannot change it. He walks back to the citadel throne room and sits in the chair. He lowers his head and breaths deeply trying to regain his composure.

"She absorbed my fyora...im going to go rebel"

(later, on a boat with several others to south forge citadel)

person 1.)so, why'd you rebel

per. 2.) The shapers didnt grow new crops in my town, because they didnt wanna screw up the ecology

pereson 3.) well, i wanted to learn how to shape and they wont let me...what about you?

person 1.)...they absorbed my fyora...

person 2 and 3)...oh...

Thats pretty much the whole rebellion right there.