Geneforge IV Survey

Xaiya

I'm not making a poll like so many newbs.

Okay (takes a deep breath).

1. What is your favorite with-the-shapers character?

2. What is your favorite Rebel Character?

3. What faction do you agree with most?

4. What is your favorite spell?

5. What is your favorite creation?

6. How would you rate this game from 1-10?

1. Alwan

2. Greta

3. Trakovites

4. I can't remember the name, but it is a blessing spell an the icon kind of looks like an arm.

5. I have to say Drayks. They are cheap, tough, and reliable. Drakons are nice too, but it takes a long time before I can shape that plus a drayk.

6. 9.795332482135486321563548651321563

The questions are devent quality, but it's not nearly enough.

Miranda

Litalia

Rebels

Daze/Strong Daze

Drayk

6. How would you rate this game from 1-10

Ninteen minus fourteen divided by two minus five plus two equals a letter n.

Alwan.

Pol.

The human and servile rebels.

Mass energize.

Fyora.

Eight. Dikiyoba didn't like Burwood, so it gets marked down because of that.

1. Crowley (I knew someone with that last name)

2. Ghladring (He's just awesome, even though I commonly play pro-shaper)

3. Trakovites ( I hope one day everyone will realize how dangerous shaping is, but for now it's cool)

4. Mass Restore (It's saved me too many times)

5. Ornk (standard creation: gazer)

6. 2.5 x pi

I think I'm forgetting something, oh well.

Alwan. He symbolized what all that a Shaper can be and should be: Strict, powerful, combined with some compassion. No Drakon could say that.

Salassar. That poor poor fool.

Shapers. I'm somewhat sided with the rebels in practice, but the Shapers didn't need to be overthrown.

Diamond Spray.

Fire - Kyshakks (useful if you put all of your points in fire shaping, and need to deal magic damage. Plus, they look and sound cool)

Battle - Clawbug (the one I generally default to as well)

Magic - Wingbolt (they make Gazers obsolete)

On a comparison scale similar to the Lyceum?

Final Score: 8.9

Bearing in mind I haven't yet gotten to Burwood province...

1: So far, Miranda. I usually want to hug that little ray of sunshine. "Hey, freak!"

2: Black Rabbit? You run into him in Illya. He's at the top of my head.

3: Shapers. I agree with some of the moral standpoints and theories of the rebels, but as Nioca said - the shapers didn't need to be overthrown, if any change was necessary it should have come from civil debates before the Council. Those rebel scum started an unnecessary war and millions of innocents have suffered for it. Perhaps the Serviles should be treated better, but now serviles and outsiders and shapers die by the gross. Justice?

4: Mass Energize. A spell that makes my battle creations fast, strong, and regenerate? Wonderful.

5: Battle Alphas and Thahds. Rotgrohths I oppose on the level that they remind me too much of zombies, and clawbugs just aren't as cool as imagining an Alpha punching some Trakovite's head off. I haven't made a War Trall, yet. And if you haven't guessed, I heavily favour battle creations in general.

6: High eight, low nine. The only way to improve it would be a multiplayer option and a playerbase that actually roleplays.

Quote:

Miranda. I love her reaction when I spit her on my blade.

Quote:

Ghaldring.

Quote:

Rebels. Not a huge surprise, given that I agreed with the Takers in the prequels.

Quote:

Dominate.

Quote:

Drayk.

Quote:

Khyryk

Greta

in between Trakovites and Shapers. i agree with Khyryk almost perfectly.

Mass Energize, by far.

Drayks! (too bad they're only from canisters) also Wingbolts/Unstable Firebolts in G4

hmm... about 9.5

Alwan is my favorite shaper

Greta is my favorite Rebel

Shapers the can mantian order the best and can handle power a lot better then the rebels can. The shapers are bit more brutal then my taste but I'm convinced a rebel's victory would only lead to absolute anarchy and another dark age.

Favorite creature is the artila

rate game as a 9

1. My favorite Shaper character is Miranda.

2. My favorite Rebel character is Shotwell.

3. I agree most with the Shapers, especially more moderate ones like Alwan and Miranda.

4. My favorite spell is speed.

5. My favorite creation are wingbolts, because they are legal.

6. I would rate this game a 7.5. I think it lost a bit of the first two's touch but was better than the 3rd.

1. Miranda- the fatalist with a sense of humour.

2. Greta- comes across for a majority of it as trying to play the good guy, then when faced with a major moral dilema makes her choice.

3. I sympathise with the rebel cause but don't necessarily agree with their approach. The trakovites are too all-encompassing (even if I agree with some of what they're saying). The shapers are probably the only faction I have little sympathy for. Too colonialist for me.

4. strong daze/mass energize though I do enjoy aura of flame.

5. Wingbolts, but for sheer fun eyebeast, Ur-drakons less fun than they used to be.

6. 8 to 8.5

Quote:
Originally written by Iffy will bring you warm fuzziness.:
Quote:
Barzites (embrace the power of evolution you fools!).
That must be why you like mass madness :p
Not cool Iffy. FYI, if everyone is insane then the definition of sanity is changed. The Barzites are good, but the tradeoff is rather extreme. Personally, the Rebels seem like one of the better sides, giving power in a meritocratic sort of way, and give greater liberties to the masses. It's just their ruling party that's messed up, as power, both here on Earth and Terrestia, corrupts.

Quote:
Originally written by Thoughts in Chaos:
But that's still not good! To learn - or more like receive - great power with no effort is a path to thousands of irresponsible superpowerful idiots.
However, the Rebellion has done a good job of regulating canister use. There's always a shortage you see, and as such you either have to spend an obscene amount of money, kill someone, or do some difficult task to get one. Now, after the Rebellion succeeds, it is unlikely this shortage would continue, but if someone could realize this and implement it in the new Terrestia it would really help general sanity remain.

The majority of the Rebels are not canister-mad, but their leaders or most powerful members (With the possible exception of Gretchen) are. Or, they have the almost racial madness of the Drakons. And, if they aren't too addicted to canisters, they won't hesitate to distribute them among the "lesser" soldiers.

By the way, what drives you to put quotation marks around "shortage"?

Quote:
Originally written by Thoughts in Chaos:
The majority of the Rebels are not canister-mad, but their leaders or most powerful members (With the possible exception of Gretchen) are. Or, they have the almost racial madness of the Drakons. And, if they aren't too addicted to canisters, they won't hesitate to distribute them among the "lesser" soldiers.

By the way, what drives you to put quotation marks around "shortage"?
All of the highest leaders, Greta not being one of the highest leaders, have used many a canister. Litalia, the leader of the Humans, seems to have recovered from her addiction, proving it possible. I would not be surprised if she started some sort of rehabilitation center after the Rebellion.

The Drakons on the other hand, we have always seen them at war or preparing for it, not unlike Sparta. They are not the Rebels I support, but anyways, I'd hope that societal pressure and peace time would force a change in the race of Drakons to make a more practical deviant. After all, if all they can do is make war then they will be useless. It's natural selection.

You're second to last sentence is rather interesting. While having a powerful army is nice, why would they need it? It would most likely just destabilize the leaders power.

As for shortage being in quotes, it's due to their most likely not being a true shortage after the Rebellion.

After the war, I see the Drakons and Humans/Serviles creating atleast two different nations. The Drakons would either try to evolve to the point where their only purpose isn't war, or they enslave the humans and serviles to sustain themselves. From their, there would be fracturing into Drakonian tribes that were in constant war. In summary, the Drakons have to change for the Rebellion to have a positive future.

Forgive me, it is late, and I realize that I rambled in this post. Oh well.

Originally by Goldenking:

Quote:
Honestly, if there could be a constant "shortage" of puresteel, it would do the Rebellion a load of good.
Despite how numerous canisters are in every game so far, canisters are supposedly difficult to make. Puresteel is rare (I think), can only be crafted by a few well-trained individuals, and is also necessary for non-canister purposes like enchanted arms and armor.

So, practically speaking, it would be impossible to give everyone enough canisters to drive them mad, and ordinary townspeople and farmers wouldn't be able to afford that many canisters even if it were possible.

Now, a few working geneforges would be an entirely different matter...

Dikiyoba now wonders what happens to all the puresteel (and crystal) used in canisters. Does it get all destroyed in the process of creating them? Or will we soon see some entrepreneurs start recycling used canisters?

Alwan

Greta

Trakovites

(Shapers are Cruel Control freaks at heart, and Rebles are a bunch of Kindigardeners that rabble among themselves (or at least the humans and the Creations do) I Think that Trakovites are who the Rebels TRY to be .

Healing or Haste

These Spells plus blessing are just about the only ones I use.

Roamer or Servile

I like the Roamers out of Style, and Serviles are just cool, how ever, what's up with there noses?

GF4 is one of the Best titles Of Jeff's

It looks like Some one actually gave the world some thought in All of his titles.

Quote:
(Shapers are Cruel Control freaks at heart, and Rebles are a bunch of Kindigardeners that rabble among themselves (or at least the humans and the Creations do) I Think that Trakovites are who the Rebels TRY to be .
Dude, not all shapers are like that. Besides, they have to control shaping. But they do go overboard. And the Rebles...they are not kindergardeners. I can't really explain it though.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with both of you on this issue. The Shapers are merely power hungry tyrants, who have tricked themselves, or atleast their lower agents, into believing their lies.

Meanwhile, the Rebels do bicker, but in a way much better way than kindergarteners. It's actually rather democratic. They still have a lot of reforming to due though.

And they sure aren't aspiring to be Trakovites. The Trakovites are nothing more then idealists, and the only way to obtain their goal is to destroy Shaping all together. Which would also create a humanitarian problem, as the food production of the Known World suddenly plunges, creating famine.

Turtleking:

Quote:

It's [the rebellion] actually rather democratic

I'm not sure about that.

The human/servile half seems to be a dictatorship (under Lilita), and the ranking system functions as a meritocracy.

The Drakon half of the Rebellion is more interesting, resembling of an oligarchy based on merit (power and influence). However, it also has elements of a dictatorship. Ghaldring is pretty much top dog, although I wonder how long it will be until he is reduced to a mere figurehead by the newer generations of powerful Drakons.

Iffy:

Quote:

And the Rebles...they are not kindergardeners. I can't really explain it though.

They are more like a conglomerate of races trying desperately to cooperate together, despite having radically different customs, histories and attitudes.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Fav with shaper person

Miranda, she is awesome, cute and intelligent

2. Fav Rebel person

Pol, broke my heart when i had to kill him

3.Fraction I agree with the most

Non-Drakon Rebels(i don't like shaping though) and Travokite

4.Fav spell

Mass Madness

5. Fav creation

Dryaks

6. Rating 9.0 I played it once I loved it, but i didn't feel the possible replay value

The drakons are simply the latest generation of Shaping tyrants, which was what the rebellion was trying to escape from. The main difference is that the drakons have no rules besides "I can tear you limb from limb, therefore you are my slave", whereas the Shapers had an effective, if imperfect, law code.

I uphold tradition because there is nothing better to uphold. Of course, a little reformation in the system wouldn't hurt.

On the contrary, the drakons do have laws. It's just that all the laws were made by the strongest one.

Quote:
"The drakons are a new race, young and without tradition. When Ghaldring took control and began to weave the rebellion, he realized that they would need structure and rules. So he made them. And he dealt with any who disagreed...[The laws] are complicated, with much about honor and respect. And much about settling disputes through battle. I will not go into who can challenge who in what way under what circumstances. It is very complicated, and I think only Ghaldring truly understands."
Dikiyoba.

Quote:
Originally written by The Crimson Coyote:
I tried a new approach to the game: find out who has the most riches, find them, slay them, take there loot and repeat the process until Im left! cool
Sounds like my old signature. Which, of course, was what my rebel character said to Khyryk after "rescuing" him from Monarch.

Tale:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drakons are simply the latest generation of Shaping tyrants,

The drakons haven't targeted sapient races for genocide. That makes them ethically superior to the Shapers, who target entire species for genocide for the crime of existing.

Quote:
Originally written by Lepus timidus:
Tale:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The drakons are simply the latest generation of Shaping tyrants,
The drakons haven't targeted sapient races for genocide. That makes them ethically superior to the Shapers, who target entire species for genocide for the crime of existing.
Not yet. Right now, they have bigger things to worry about. However, they made it clear that if they could safely get rid of the human/servile side of the rebellion, they would. They regard creations (and humans) with less compassion then the Shapers. So what's to stop them from taking complete control, and effectively becoming the Shapers themselves, only with far more cruelty and power?

The Shapers need to reform, not be overthrown by tyrannical lizards.