Do you think that your creations should be able to carry stuff?

This isn't such a bad suggestion, or at least, it wasn't prior to G4. I remember suggesting the ability to create an auxiliary, noncombat animal comparable to a bag of holding, with more in common with a living tool or thorn baton than a fyora.

That was back when encumbrance applied to carried items, though. Jeff listened to us about encumbrance, and now everything is happy; so we don't need to sing about being married and holding each other close.

Quote:
Originally written by Thought in Chaos:

Nalyd hopes that it ends with human extinction.
I hope it ends in shaper extinction, and possibly a dracon extinction.

And you...you human hating...........................

Quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

Oh, never mind, you're Nalyd.
........what?

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
Originally by LakiRa@:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:
Oh, never mind, you're Nalyd.
........what?
Nalyd is one of those mad cultist serviles.

Well, okay, he's not. But he'd probably be pretty happy if he were. :p

Dikiyoba.
Only if they're mad necromantic cultist serviles. Tattoos rule!

• 1 month later...

They pretty much already can...

I mean, the original geneforge annoyed me, because I played a shaper and decided to use spells and batons over melee, only to find that my pathetically low strength meant I couldn't carry any loot at all. It got so frustrating to have to make multiple trips to carry my loot back to town, that in the end I just kinda lost heart.

But in G4, your encumberance is decided solely by the armor and gear you're wearing, and you just have inventory slots for your backpack items. I think it's a much better system, myself.

And how can you be carrying that much on your own? I mean... my girl is carrying 50+ javelins, 25+ pods and powders all sorted and seperated, various crystals, a big bag of coins, weapons and armor, and at various times, assorted furs, bolts of cloth, bars of iron, bags of grain, and other tradeable goods and loot, and you're telling me that she ISN'T making the thahd help with lugging it all around? :p