Editing Geneforge Maps?

Quote:
Originally written by The Stranger:
I would just like to know if it is possible to edit Geneforge Zone maps (e.g filling the Dry Wastes with green trees and water). Thanks for the help/ advice!
Doing so would require knowledge in computer programming. Even if you did, I'd check the license agreement.

You don't appreciate copyright?

Starman..you're a scientist..you invented a machine to end world hunger..anorexia..and scribbane depletion..and you didn't copyrighted it..then Iffy comes along..steals your machine..and copyrighted it to him..who do you think will be more happy?

I should have used a more sensible example but..meh..

Quote:
I think copyright laws are very sill no one should have claim to names of things.
That is a very foolish statement. Unfortunatly such foolishness can only be cured on his own.

Quote:
Starman..you're a scientist..you invented a machine to end world hunger..anorexia..and scribbane depletion..and you didn't copyrighted it..then Iffy comes along..steals your machine..and copyrighted it to him..who do you think will be more happy?
What? I would actually go to him and tell him to get it copyrighted.

Quote:
Sometimes I think Iffy follows me arround and spends all his time trying to make me think like him.
I don't even know where you live. And why would I make someone think like me? That is impossible.

I'm just telling you something. And as for copyright law, if it wasn't for that, people would be taking stuff and it would all be chaos.

And please change your shown name. It is nothing against you it is just that the name really makes me angry.

Quote:
Originally written by Azuma:
Uhm..lock?
Sorry, wasn't paying attention until just now. Yeah.

To the original poster: Not really.

Starman: Try not to be so disparaging. It's irritating. Iffy: Uh, not sure what to say here.

In general to all: Be nice, use good sense, and when you don't have anything worth saying, shut the heck up.
paapt42.jpg