how i get in the shapers crypt? And what is in there?

Upon Mars.

You need a crescent stone, which you get by killing one of two special monsters. One of them is in the western wastes, if I remember rightly.

As for what's inside the shaper crypt: lots of dead shapers. What do you expect? Just because they're dead doesn't stop them attacking you, however...

For fuller answers, consult the FAQ.

You haven't been to the crypt in G1? Oh, I remember that. Me, the little Shaper, with his fyora, drayk, and glaahk, bravely walking into the unknown. I turned a corner, and collapsed into a little pool of blood on the floor.

You want advice? Build an army of either battle betas or cryodrayks and then train for a month or two before even THINKING about going in there. And as for what's in there...

*MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

In order to stop the newbie from being chased away by the spirits of not-so-helpful members. . .

There are pylons. Lots of them. Tons, in fact. There are also these demonic little shaping machines that constantly make Battle Alphas and Glaahks to go and rip you to peices.

And then theres the Inner Crypt. There are literally unstoppable platforms that constantly spawn Cryodrayks, Ur-Glaahks, and Battle Betas(Possibly Gammas). Don't even go into the room where the platforms are, unless you have used the Geneforge and have seven Cryodrayks at your unbreakable command.

Oh, shoot. -X- just scared away the newbie.

-X- played through Geneforge with a sole Guardian intent on using no canisters at all. Playing on Torment, he succeeded after a couple of months. . . But he found Glaahks to be all but invincible when there is another creation nearby. So, with the Glaahk and Battle Alpha duos in the Crypts, -X- was slaughtered.

I prefer to level up a lot, especially before the Inner Crypt. I also like to have at least a couple of levels of "Create Glaahk" before heading into the Shaper Crypt, and the ability to make Ur-Glaahks before entering the Inner Crypt.

And I don't play the GF series on torment; no real reason, just personal preference (that, and I tend to get eaten alive).

It's not so bad, really. Well, yes, it's bad. But staying in combat mode the whole darn time makes it much less horrendous, simply because it cuts down dramatically on the number of freshly spawned monsters you have to face. And if you know where to go, so you don't have to flop back and forth across the burning pads too many times, this also helps a lot.

Strolling through the Inner Crypt in normal mode is a death march even after using the Geneforge. Except perhaps for a Shaper; a large force of high-level Cryodrayks might be able to fry the random monsters easily. Funny, I guess I never tried that. I tried it with a Geneforged Agent and got pwned.

Generally, follow a few guidelines to this difficult location:

- If you're an Agent or a Guardian, its very important to use the Geneforge before attempting this area. From what I heard, its impossible at the higher difficulties without. Shapers can give their creations (up to a) + 8 to all stats by using the Geneforge and absorbing and reshaping their creations.

- Make sure you're well prepared. All the best equips for the location, all training needed, done, used all canisters (optional), pods and spore may be necessary especially for a Guardian. Make sure you sell all unneeded items or drop them to keep your AP at the max.

- Make a good strategy. A general guideline is to stay in combat mode to reduce the spawned creations. Well hasted Agents are good at hit and run tactics. Missle Guardians can do the same. Shapers should get a lot (5 - 7) high leveled, advanced creations (e.g. glaahks, ur-glaahks, drayks, cryodrayks.) and mass energize them. Attack as a group when possible, and make sure your Shaper isn't picked off and gets killed in a single hit. Melee Guardians, well good luck. Heavy armor is a must.

- Finally, don't be stubborn at force yourself to do this at torment. You should tone down the difficulty if it is too hard.

- Oh yes, and don't be stubborn but persevere! If you are challenging yourself on this level, be prepared to reload 20+ times.

I'll add more if I can think of more.

If you stay in combat mode the whole time, the Inner Crypt is totally doable on Torment with an Agent, without using the Geneforge. A good challenge, but it shouldn't even take multiple tries.

Whether you can do it without unacceptable engine abuse, I can't recall. I did it long ago, and my conscience about such things was under-developed then.

I know it's definitely possible to beat the crypt without the Geneforge at easy/normal with a medium leveled character. A high level can probably do it at Tricky, but I really don't know how you can beat the entire thing at torment. I've noticed since I started playing torment that my enemies start hitting huge amounts and never miss, bonuses of like 70-100% more damage, and 25-50 % more accuracy. Even if you killed everything on the island, torment would take much perseverance to do...

EDIT: Comparisons are between torment and tricky. The gap would be much bigger at easier difficulties compared to torment.

Quote:
Originally written by opon mars:
Then thak you nocia and do not fail to notice a blade (that in spite of your high parry good canisters) in your wonded back.
First of all, my Guardian isn't wonded, or wounded. Even if I did take a blade to the back, I would live, and deliver a total of 4 strikes (2 QA strikes, since I upped by QA by the 2k QA trainer). Even if you would survive that and kill me (I highly doubt you'd act faster than my insanely high level of QA, either) my rogue drakon would finish you. laugh

Quote:
Thank you for you're diddling answers and as you logout do not fail to notice a blade in backs.
Diddling? Perhaps you meant piddling?

I do not think you could really defeat my Level 52 Shaper, complete with two Drakon bodyguards, who, when hasted, usually stomp, whomp, or chomp whatever I tell them to. They understand the concept of "I point, you stab."

Quote:
Then thak you nocia and do not fail to notice a blade (that in spite of your high parry good canisters) in your wonded back.
Better. Though my name may seem somewhat similar, however, I must stress that I am NOT a cell phone company. Thank you, and have a nice day.

--------------------
I'm sorry, but I really couldn't help adding that last bit. smile