GF2 Infestation - Sharon's experimental creations

Thanks for confirming, but... yowza. Each one of these bois should be their own faction. Of course, my guardian MC is still a level 7 scrub playing without creations (for now), so I'm sure at least the first few challenges won't be impossible later on, but the HP on the very first one caught me off guard.

Good to know. I didn't expect such crazy HP numbers even on Normal difficulty, as Jeff seems in recent games to have toned down enemy HP bloat in favor of providing challenge instead through AI/tactics, but if it all washes later given player damage output, I guess it's mostly moot. I'm too early to judge in any case. Thanks for the insight!

Those fights, at least the early ones were toned down. The last one is something to not even consider doing until level 18. The resistances to stun and mental attacks make it really hard. I've always found luck played a big part in being able to start the fight with picking off and killing one before dealing with the rest.

23 minutes ago, mikeprichard said:

OK, got through the first three at level 11 with some cheese tactics (luring enemies back to Sharon... lol), but holy moly, those spinecores. Will need to return at a higher level. I just want that Leadership/Mechanics ring.

I think the Purified Essence in Phariton's place is far easier to get than the one at the end of Sharon's Grove.

Yeah, I did a test using "healmenow" to run past the spinecores just to look at the Gamma and his dudes, but I think that battle (again, only playing on Normal) might be easier than the plants if I lure them back to ol' Sharon... or not. I'm still too weak to root out the plants and turret, though.

I don't know if I got lucky, but...I beat the 4th group at 17th level (veteran Shaper w/ 2 mostly maxed Gazers and 2 mostly maxed Rotdhizons), and then still mostly buffed, after a quick save, I wandered into the 5th area to see how quickly I would get spanked. It only took me 2 tries to win! I focused on the 4 Ur-Glaahks and then wore down the Experimental Gamma. I was fighting the group near the sign into the area; maybe that limited its options, IDK, but it focused on the Rotdhizons, which had Hardness, Regeneration from me, plus healing etc. The maxed Pure Fanged Bracelet is of less utility (I think) to my Shaper run, but the ultra-rare P.E. at the end meant I could get the Infiltrator Ring, which should be quite helpful on occasion.

• 2 weeks later...

For the last encounter on Sharon's Grove, not sure this is considered cheating, but you can lure the Glaaks to the area the Spinecores used to be and fight those 3 without the Battle Gamma interference. Then you can proceed to beat the Gamma relatively easily with constant healing of a tank unit.