Scenario placing

Xaiya

I did that, but when I upload the Win version, there is a red box with the message

Quote:

* Files with the extension zip are not allowed. Please upload a file with an extension from the following list:

* warning: (removed by mod action)

* Windows is required. Please upload a file.

EDIT (Ephesos): Removed material Aran didn't want on SW.

I'll fix it as soon as you get rid of that message with my name in it. Honestly, how often do I need to say this? I can't display these errors without the name showing up.

Switching off the error messages will make it a lot harder to fix bugs, but apparently that's the only way I can protect my privacy.

Iffy, you can send the uncompressed mac file to me and I can compress it as a .sit file. It's my fault for not reminding you about that, as I compressed the graphics file with ZipIt.

I already have the beta version on my computer, but you probably fixed all those typos. wink

No, it does not need to be a SIT file for Macs. Stuffit can open ZIP files too, and MacOSX 10.4 and up (at the very least) comes with an application that can handle ZIP, GZ, and TAR. I'm not sure if that's all it handles. (Earlier versions probably have the command line utitlities to handle these?)

Arancaytar: Why don't you just put all the files at a path that doesn't include your name?

Quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:
Honestly, how often do I need to say this? I can't display these errors without the name showing up.
Honestly? I think you need to include a message with that error code that requests people only post the necessary parts. I am aware that you are curiously reticent about having your real name occasionally posted on the interwebs, but I'm sure if you were to create a fairly worded poll that you would find me in the minority. And certainly in this case there should be no doubt. The referring website makes no mention of your desire for privacy, in fact it appears just the opposite is true, but it is a shame that Iffy posted that link here instead of just emailing you. Maybe that could also be part of the error message. I realize you have a lot of real life stuff going on now, but I actually feel badly for Iffy in this one instance.
He was trying to be helpful and you nailed him. He likely had no clue at all that he was posting your real name. So, um, get over it. Maybe apologize to Iffy.

Quote:
Originally written by Celtic Minstrel:
No, it does not need to be a SIT file for Macs. Stuffit can open ZIP files too, and MacOSX 10.4 and up (at the very least) comes with an application that can handle ZIP, GZ, and TAR. I'm not sure if that's all it handles. (Earlier versions probably have the command line utitlities to handle these?)

Arancaytar: Why don't you just put all the files at a path that doesn't include your name?
Either I didn't understand exactly what you meant, or you didn't understand what I meant. What I meant, was that The Blades Forge requires you to have a sit file for Macs and a zip file for Windows. I didn't mean that Macs can't handle zip files.

I'm oly guessing about the Blades Forge requiering a sit file, though. I don't know if Aran changed that yet.