What?

Trenton.

That's an easy one to figure out for yourself. Nikki has the custom title Humany-Wumany. He's been lampooning others' PDNs and avatars. He's on the bottom of the Top Posters list. His name appears in black.

There is a black-named user going by Sylaena Kyle on the bottom of the Top Posters list. You do the math.

—Alorael, who has considered adding ever-changing avatars or titles to the mix. He does have fun with his title occasionally, but his avatar has changed only once that he can remember since they were first allowed on the UBB.

(it's a cat-pony, not a bat-pony. maybe it's not that clear if you don't know the catwoman outfit i'm playing off.)

Anyway, sorry for the confusion. I figured since I was several names into this list that people would figure it out, but I probably should try and stick "Nikki" into my signature again like I briefly did with Bane.

Well, given the fact that Trenton's post count is on par with sylae's who has registered 2 years before him and way over acteon's who registered 5 years before him, it seems Trenton is actively vying for entering the top posters list smile

Watch out nikki or you'll be overrun before you know it smile

And nightwatcher is breathing down both your necks Euwww wink

Don't get too excited. He's only a third of the way there, and is slowing down some. Iffy was posting that much at the beginning, although Trenton has already shown more long term resolve than he did. Nikki will stay in the top 10, anyway- he's going to pass TM before Trenton gets anywhere near him. In any case, I'm not a good indicator of the community. If you recollect Slarty's census, I was grouped in with the long time occasional posters.

... I feel like a sports announcer. I should stop letting myself get drawn in to competitive conversations.

You amuse me with your ambition for high volume of posts. Unfortunately, I don't have time for such. You see, someone called ixfd64 very politely informed me that my website resembles a massive toroid (i.e. it sucks wind through a flat paper straw with hurricane force.)

Apparently Internet Explorer does not conform to the W3C standards for style sheets. Firefox works perfectly, but now I have to go back and rip out all that css code and go back to primitive table structures.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Windows are a pane in the glass.

Originally Posted By: Captain TrEnToN.
I cAn'T bElIeVe I aLrEaDy HaVe 300,000 PoStS!

If you continue to post ridiculous crap like this, I will go on the record as hoping that you are permanently banned as soon as humanly possible. There are and should be enforceable lines to at least keep communication on Spiderweb at the "readable" level at minimum, and I'm shocked that in a community like Spiderweb that prides itself on the level and quality of its discourse, people have displayed such reluctance to publicly call you out for not only not even trying to reform, but in fact actively trying to become worse as time passes.

I was willing to extend you the benefit of the doubt for your first month or so, and common courtesy kept me from saying things when you were at least trying to get better, but this has gone too far for too long now. Shape up or get out.

^ that. It really is becoming quite the bother, dear. Perhaps a different gimmick would suit you better?

Originally Posted By: Harehunter
Apparently Internet Explorer does not conform to the W3C standards for style sheets. Firefox works perfectly, but now I have to go back and rip out all that css code and go back to primitive table structures.

...or just stop caring about the people who can't take the time to use a standards-compliant browser. Hell, the most recent version of IE is somewhat compliant.

@Harehunter If you have such problems with windows, buy curtains :3 They will know that they have done something wrong when you refuse to look at/out them.

:| Why does everything I do bother people so much?

I also only did it one line per 5 posts. If you don't like my signature, don't read it. Alorael, Sylae, Dikiyoba, Lilith, All of them can have their little gimmicks. Why come down on me for trying to distinguish myself? I apologize :| My parents must have done a horrible job raising me.

It's that "somewhat compliant" thing I'm running into. Early research indicates that you have multiple css definitions with conditional wrappers for each of them. And the tags to implement those conditional blocks are html, not css, which means you can't offload them into an external css file. As a programmer, I like to minimize code replication as much as possible; it makes maintenance much easier to make a change in one place and have it work across all your pages.

@Trenton, That was a good one. But I prefer to use shades so dark they won't even know my name.

Trenton, I think the difference was that your gimmick actually made it very difficult to read that one line per five posts. I ignored the gimmick, but I also ignored whatever that line said because I can't be bothered to reprocess the text.

—Alorael, who thinks most of the accepted gimmicks are accepted because they are minimally intrusive. This is a fairly normal paragraph, for instance. No one will have trouble getting through it.

Originally Posted By: Harehunter
Early research indicates that you have multiple css definitions with conditional wrappers for each of them.

I am assuming that you are looking at CalRef, which uses the default SMF theme because I can't be bothered to write my own (even though using the default theme bugs me). Most of the stuff on CalRef does have conditional stylesheets because the packages are designed to be usable for a majority of the internet, which includes IE people. If anyone has trouble using my site and use IE, there's exactly one solution: get a different browser because I don't care.

An example of CSS that I have touched is available here (from my non-pony tumblr). The only duplication there is from webfonts (browser wars), the css3 columns (still using vender extensions on a couple browsers), and some redundant fontage (because tumblr is a pain in the ass). There are also examples of my CSS (and crappy modified javascript, what fun!) on the chat.

Originally Posted By: Future Wondergolt
If anyone has trouble using my site and use IE, there's exactly one solution: get a different browser because I don't care.
I love your attitude! laugh I wish I could be so care-free. Comes from my obsession of making my programs work each and every time for everyone.

I get the feeling that I am going to have to school again (online) to learn more about how to make css work the way I am used to doing with my other programming languages; modularized, subroutinized, global, and reusable. I *will* beat it into submission. I like to add a little seasoning to my html, and I reflatfuse to conform to someone elses template. Color me mule-headed. (BTW: Didn't I mention somewhere that if one decides to enter the I.T. field, one should be prepared to be constantly climbing that learning curve ladder?)

All that said, I have gotten my web site cleaned up, although I did find a glitch on my Avernum 2 maps with the flyover script.